• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    First off their not native birds. They also drive off all my bluebirds from the feeders. They make messes all over my decks. Their fun to shoot too.
    Help a city boy out. What problems do starlings cause or is it just fun to shoot them?
    They were brought here by the English and overtake everywhere. I treat them like flies or roaches
    Edit: working outside today and add 3 more. So a conservative 16? Let’s add to the count

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    If pigeons are considered winged rats, then starlings are winged mice. Pests is what they are. Also since they tend to run in large flocks, there is a huge amount of droppings under their roosts, and those droppings can cause health issues especially to folks with lung issues.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    One of my land lords other tenants had problems with house sparrows and starlings bringing lice into the house through the attic. My crosman 2400kt took good care of them it was a several day massacre.

Sounds weird but house sparrows taste pretty good. Starlings are kinda tough but good sauteed in garlic butter with onions.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    One of my land lords other tenants had problems with house sparrows and starlings bringing lice into the house through the attic. My crosman 2400kt took good care of them it was a several day massacre.

Sounds weird but house sparrows taste pretty good. Starlings are kinda tough but good sauteed in garlic butter with onions.

You can have my share. Blech.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Not starling related but.. Last night I was in the hay mound throwing down bales and had huge coon run my up my arm.. pitch black but I had my streamlight stylus pro and pistol.. so I dispatched trash panda and did this on top off wobbly square bales 10 high. As a bonus I managed this without shooting a hole in the barn roof it was a healthy coon.. C2FBB6D8-5AA4-4E54-A0D0-4DB9D737A18E.jpeg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    So far this year I've killed a dozen or better from the suet feeders. Possum eats them in the old dog house. It's full of feathers. Had a Coopers hawk come by and eat a couple for my wife about 20' from the dining room window.
    So 40 is a conservative total.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    When I received my first BB gun (yes, a daisy RR) as a young boy, probably around 6, my Dad told me that I could only shoot starlings. Nothing else. I took pride in mastering the starling head shot at longer and longer distances.

Top Bottom