Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

That is it. Notice that Ken is not assessing anything after the shot and his sights are not coming back to the aim point. I was able to get back to the point of aim several times yesterday doing it, but it was not easy. I think there may be some things to be learned about trigger control and recoil management with this drill.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The six shots on or around the orange circle are my results from the 14th. Fired at 5 yards.
    Perhaps I should shoot with my eyes closed all the time.

[video=youtube;h50qf7cp1f8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h50qf7cp1f8[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Did the dry fire stuff with the Carry Gun. Cover garment was used even though it is stupid. Now going to work on the .45 load so hopefully can test it tomorrow and see that it makes major power factor.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    That is an interesting drill
    Thanks for posting the video,I hadn't heard of that one.
    I'll give it a go on Friday, I get a lot of weird looks at my local range already. I think shooting the plate rack between 22 and 16 yards while moving in different directions is normal. It's not easy for me but isn't that the point? I'm pretty sure I'm getting better at shooting while moving and the lesson in visual patience is exactly what I need:D

I got a short session if dryfire in after work yesterday

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Shot some stages live fire with Ralph today. I set up the walls and targets to be choppy and tough shots. Shot some with the SS gun and some with the Limited gun. Four small poppers at 22 yards in play. We moved the start position around. I had Ralph film my first run from each start position. We did not do more than to starts from the same position. The good news is I get to go again tomorrow.

[video=youtube;ZE34hLfL2F0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE34hLfL2F0[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    got dry fire in today. I was cold so i started with cover garment. Warmed up nicely shed it for the last drill.
    To the range in the morning.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Hit a uspsa shaped piece of steel yesterday in one shot. 110 yards was the distance.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    A little footage from last week.

[video=youtube_share;e_B1zODcoT0]https://youtu.be/e_B1zODcoT0[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Did not get any video this evening. Rain started up and cut practice a little short. Shot a stage that included a swinger and five steel all completed in four positions. Went ok. Shooting was actually pretty good. Had two failures to extract from the SS gun, and I had a high primer shooting Limited that I treated as a squib. Ammo loading needs a little QC.

Steel on Saturday.

Carry Gun the following Saturday.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Doing some demo in a session of private instruction I had and array with some .20 splits. I normally am not that fast.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Jake, Royce and I did some shooting today at Riley. Have the range work completed for the CZ P-10F. Shot the Sig 365 with the red dot on top. Going to review that as well. Jake was doing some work with a Tanfolio.

Tested some rounds through Royce's SS gun. More work to do there. Tested some rounds through the PCC and the new glock mags as well. That should be good to go.

Did a little work with the old rimfire guns on SHOWDOWN.

Had some real good draws and hits with the Sig. Not a bad day on the range. Lots of cleaning, organizing and loading to do.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Been busy writing and organizing the office space today so far. But did get some draws on with the PCC this morning.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Got some Carry gun dry practice in this evening with some reloads worked into the normal routine. Did a little more with the PCC.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Wednesday. I spent most of the day at the range. Sighted in the .243 bolt gun. It is spot on at 200 yards. Worked the PCC some. Was happy with the progress that I am making. Was surprised that I could hit a post it note with it at 50 yards from a rest. .40 caliber ss gun ran well with the set of mags. 1 failure to extract at over 300 rounds on the day. See footage below for some stages shot.
    [video=youtube_share;Qp2E1TQDp5c]https://youtu.be/Qp2E1TQDp5c[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The last part of the FPF class.
    [video=youtube_share;Nj_rGdgbNUQ]https://youtu.be/Nj_rGdgbNUQ[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    A few runs from today

[video=youtube_share;0eH57Zp9bfg]https://youtu.be/0eH57Zp9bfg[/video]

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    It was raining fairly hard today so I put the IPSC 66% steel out and shot from under cover which amounts to about 28 yards.

With the G17 match gun I shot the last stage of Spauldings 5 in 5 drill. 5 shots in 5 seconds from the holster. I then did a couple of mags of 1R1.

Did the same with my NPE G43. Had a few misses with that one trying to keep the same pace.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Royce and I spent several hours at Riley yesterday. We sighted in the .243 with the new bipod installed. Royce put four shots on steel at 200 yards touching each other. Kids is tough from the rest. He shot his .22 rifle at all sorts of distances with great success from the bench.

I went five for six from off hand with the truck gun at 150, 200 and 240 off hand. Did the same with the AR and iron sights. The scope on the AR was not as good.

Went worked on Royce getting a faster first shot on steel plates. We reviewed shot calling and got some reps in with the rifle and the 9mm single stack gun for him.
    I worked on 2-2-2 at various distances from 7 to 30 yards. I worked on getting six good hits on a target at 35 yards. It went well with the Limited gun at 35 not so good with the Carry gun.

We shot some hearts and minds on the FPF targets. Did a little hostage rescue shooting. The blonde lady only died once out of 25 attempts. Better results than baseball.
    We neglected to get any video but had some great fun and got a little better.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Was fighting with the dog the other night and broke my holster on the right side. In a period of transition. The guy that made the holster no longer makes them. Very irritating.

Top Bottom