• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I continue with daily dry work, though not nearly enough. Most of that focus lately has been one handed work with the 365XL and Holosun 507k. With my full size guns and dots I have no problem finding the dot when going strong hand or weak hand, with the different grip and smaller window size on this combination I need more work.

Hit the range today. Started with 2 shots to the 3X5 card at 7 yards with my NPE gun from AIWB concealment. Did multiple runs with this.

Next I worked with the 365XL. I did the aforementioned drill and then ran the Wilson 5X5 and the Rangemaster 5 second standards.

Finished up with 5 sets of the DeFoor Pistol hat qual. This ammo "shortage" has really got me bummed.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Royce and I went to Riley in the afternoon. We shot .22 rifles in Bay 7. He conceded that I am the best .22 rifle shooter in the family.

The drive sucks.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Royce and I went to Riley in the afternoon. We shot .22 rifles in Bay 7. He conceded that I am the best .22 rifle shooter in the family.

The drive sucks.

He admitted it after "all these years"

I was going there this evening and was in an apparent road construction delay though i never saw a vehicle other than the "arrow truck"

Extractor issue appears fixed. Approximately 100 rounds each through 4 25 and 3.6 without issue

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    NPE gun, 2 shots to 3X5 at 7

Sig 365XL Rangemaster August DOTM 3X5 fadeback drill. 1 miss at 25 yards.

Ed Head drill with USPSA gear. Not sure the real name of it. It was in a recent SI and goes from 2 yards to 50 yards.

S&W 642 from the pocket on MCOLES qual. Fail, one round out.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Didn't get much shooting in last weekend. Helped with a CPL class on both Sat and Sun so only did a few demos. Also shot a students Beretta 92 to show him it is not normal to have two separate groups 8 inches apart when taking one shot DA and one shot SA. I forgot how long and heavy the stock DA trigger is on those guns. I proved my point but am considering getting a DA/SA gun just to be better prepared for such an event.

Yesterday I took a bunch of handguns out with the intent of figuring out what was wrong with my Gen5 G19. Didn't figure it out at the range but it did hit me later along with a suggestion from someone. When I went from a flickering RMR to a Holosun I forgot to put the shorter screw over the plunger channel at the long screw was keeping the extractor from functioning properly. Drills ran were Rangemaster 200 point warm up, Gunsite Pistol standards and a few iterations of the "Test".

Went out today to see if the fix worked on the G19. Didn't put a ton of rounds through it (120) because, ammo, but it worked perfectly. No marksmanship or speed drills today. Shot with my buddy who ran the county SWAT team for 24 years and we just ran a lot of "combat" drills with pistol, carbine, and shotgun. You don't know fun until you shoot a 12 gauge set up for a righty with a hard plastic butt cuff full of shells from the left shoulder.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Finished 9th out of 46 in Limited at the Indiana Championship. Finished 36 days of chemo and radiation treatment on Thursday the 17th. Dr. said no restrictions outside so we did it.
    I was not able to move very well at all, and shot stages accordingly. My goal was not misses and high points. I had one miss. I should have shot at least three stages a little differently. But overall I am just thankful to be participating at this stage of things. Royce shot with me and that was very cool. The one stage shot from a box and involving Strong Hand Only as a stage win. I guess I just need more stages shot from boxes at this point.

[video=youtube;GTTBwnJB8M8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTTBwnJB8M8[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Royce had too many mikes in the match, and most of them were in the first half of the match. He got really mad and was a mental wreck. We talked things over and he regrouped mentally and finished the match strong. I was very proud of his gun-handling and his shooting considering he never gets to practice. I was most proud of his regrouping mentally and doing much better after being so disappointed with some stage performances.

[video=youtube;w4GFFl5ooa8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4GFFl5ooa8[/video]

[video=youtube;7K4grF94V9A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K4grF94V9A&pbjreload=101[/video]

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Glad to see you were able to get out there Coach. I pray your treatments are going well.

Royce does a nice job handling that pistol. It's great to see the youngsters out there taking care of business.

To add to the thread, I've been dry firing like a maniac the last few weeks. I am trying to get used to two new pistols since I finally gave up on my Glock 19 that I carried for the last 5 years or so but shot pretty poorly. I finally gave into the fact that life is too short to shoot guns I don't love.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Glad to see you were able to get out there Coach. I pray your treatments are going well.

Royce does a nice job handling that pistol. It's great to see the youngsters out there taking care of business.

To add to the thread, I've been dry firing like a maniac the last few weeks. I am trying to get used to two new pistols since I finally gave up on my Glock 19 that I carried for the last 5 years or so but shot pretty poorly. I finally gave into the fact that life is too short to shoot guns I don't love.

So what are you shooting now?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    After an attitude adjustment from someone, today was my first day back of real dry fire in quite some time. By real I mean with a plan, on a timer, keeping records. etc.

As to avoid injury I am starting this week with only 15 minutes a session.
    10 yard Index draw
    10 yard SHO draw
    10 yard WHO draw
    10 yard D1R1

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    4 of my 5 mikes were early with a procedural on the standards stage. I couldn't help but make up the mike that was in my face.

My final two stages were my best after I took "care of some business" that was bothering me all morning and after lunch lol

Not one of my better major matches but not my worst

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    For the first time I am consistently getting to the range 1X per week and doing dry fire 1X per day...mostly.

I have finished my home reno for the most part so now I don't have that sucking all of my time.

i have settled on a pistol and I no longer bring multiple firearms to the range. I am going to focus on one pistol and get plenty of reps in. I will use a .22 for some live fire just to be able to shoot more without using up too many 9 mm rounds due to the current ammo situation.

I have already seen improvement. I have a long ways to go before I'm ready to speed things up, but I'll get there.

I should have a timer here before the end of the week, so I can start to quantify how I am doing.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    For the first time I am consistently getting to the range 1X per week and doing dry fire 1X per day...mostly.

I have finished my home reno for the most part so now I don't have that sucking all of my time.

i have settled on a pistol and I no longer bring multiple firearms to the range. I am going to focus on one pistol and get plenty of reps in. I will use a .22 for some live fire just to be able to shoot more without using up too many 9 mm rounds due to the current ammo situation.

I have already seen improvement. I have a long ways to go before I'm ready to speed things up, but I'll get there.

I should have a timer here before the end of the week, so I can start to quantify how I am doing.

Sounds like you are on the right track.

Top Bottom