• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crazygunner1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Kokomo
    [video=youtube;QC_SvydBUl4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC_SvydBUl4[/video]

When the rain stopped today I decided to social distance myself to the range. I put the SASII from Bul through some drills. The gun ran very well. I plan to start writing up the review for Front Sight Magazine in the morning. Jake and I are going to do another day at the range as well. I just needed to get to the range today.

I will like to follow up with your thread mate, kindly take pictures and show them to us next time you are at the range and let us see how the dry practice is going, that is one training I will like to do, I need a little bit of motivation, probably from you I guess. Cheers mate!

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Steel centered dryfire tonite
    All the stages minus outer limits.
    I have too much stuff in the way for movement.
    It was so nice out when I got home I set up my outdoor dryfire range.
    Planning on some movement stuff tomorrow

stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    If any of you guys have Instagram. I highly advise joining and following JJ Racaza and Max Michel. Since this COVID-19 they have been doing weekly live videos on there teaching anything from movement, grip, drawing, etc...so when they hop on I just do what they do haha

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Friday Royce and I shot rifles at 350 yards and 450 yards with good results. That is the longest shots I have taken so far. Gear worked very well. Have a better understanding of ballistics at those ranges than before. Quality time social distancing with my son.

Saturday shot a little bit with my carry gun.

Sunday was large scale gun cleaning and organizing of gear for the impending civil unrest. Teaching history and guns tomorrow. Might get some shots fired demonstrating.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    A little bit of Friday's long range practice. 350 and 450 yards.

[video=youtube;mW5AD72PQzo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW5AD72PQzo[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Fired 17 rounds of .22 through a pistol this morning demonstrating for a client. Plan on live fire tomorrow with the Limited gun. Maybe some rifle stuff as well.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Live fire session Monday
    Focus was shooting on the move
    I have completed exactly 1 dryfire session in the last week.
    The home improvement project list is getting smaller.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Got in some live fire with the Limited Gun today. I experienced a few failure to extract which are troubling to say the least.

I shot drills that included small poppers, 25 yard targets, skunk targets. I worked on table starts unloaded and loaded. I shot for speed at fifteen yards. I did WHO and SHO at fifteen yards. In all of that there was good, bad, ugly and some very good stuff.

I also shot some with the carry guns. Poppers, skunk targets, head shots. I worked tap, rack, bang with SHO and with WHO. I had a nine shot drill that I ran with an unknown number of rounds in the gun. Royce was there to load the mystery magazine and put it into the gun, so some drills needed a reload.

It was hot today.

I also did three Bill Drills today at the end of the session. I hate dumping ammo like that but my ability on those is lacking. So I bit the bullet and did a little.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Here is some footage of the Limited Gun practice today. It was fifteen yards to the USPSA shaped steel. The paper in the far corner was twenty five yards.

[video=youtube;VxtwVz6q9Hk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxtwVz6q9Hk[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This is some of the footage from the carry gun practice today. The drill with the unknown number of rounds in the gun was done with the idea of when not shooting to be moving. I did not get any WHO tap, rack, bang on video. The six reload six with the time called out, and the six switch guns and six more was an experiment to see if the switch gun was really faster. It was. I had not done the switch gun thing before, and I thought the reloading of one gun might be faster. Color me surprised.

[video=youtube;DN6g4b6L8xY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN6g4b6L8xY[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Have not done anything for days. Got to the range this afternoon with the boy and the dog. Had some fun shooting water bottles and paint cans. Chrono the 9mm load through two different guns. The load makes minor, which is good. Chrono the .45 load through two different guns. It also makes minor which is bad. Need to up the powder a little bit. Nice to know now. Practiced shooting on the move with the .22. Practice draws and controlled pairs on steel at 10 and 17 yards. Worked on transitions between those steel. Worked on turn and draw on the near steel. Worked on calling shots. Ran six rounds worth of the blind swordsman. Might make this a regular thing for a while.

[video=youtube;30BkM1Wm6mk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30BkM1Wm6mk[/video]

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This is some of the footage from the carry gun practice today. The drill with the unknown number of rounds in the gun was done with the idea of when not shooting to be moving. I did not get any WHO tap, rack, bang on video. The six reload six with the time called out, and the six switch guns and six more was an experiment to see if the switch gun was really faster. It was. I had not done the switch gun thing before, and I thought the reloading of one gun might be faster. Color me surprised.

[video=youtube;DN6g4b6L8xY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN6g4b6L8xY[/video]

You hit on a lot of components in a seemingly short amount of time. I'm curious about the thought behind switching to the non-dominant hand towards the end after going to the second gun, but still shooting two handed. I'm having a hard time envisioning a scenario that would require that when you still have full use of both hands. I mean, it doesn't hurt to practice, it just seems like it's low on the list of priorities.

The one handed drill at the end with the tap off the knee and rack off the belt seems much more useful. One handed manipulation is a hole in my skill set that I have not spent a lot of time on.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Did about 20 minutes of dry fire tonight. I need to do this more consistently.

One of my biggest issues is that I have a tendency to choke the heck out of the grip, which shows me pulling the muzzle to the right a bit. This doesn't show up as much when I live fire, as my biggest tendency there is to readjust between shots which kills my consistency. I think I may add the beaver tail back plate to my G19 to get that good web lock without feeling like I need to clamp my fingers down.

The good news is that with repeated dry fire I am getting much better at seeing the front sight with both eyes wide open instead of defaulting to left eye shut tight.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    You hit on a lot of components in a seemingly short amount of time. I'm curious about the thought behind switching to the non-dominant hand towards the end after going to the second gun, but still shooting two handed. I'm having a hard time envisioning a scenario that would require that when you still have full use of both hands. I mean, it doesn't hurt to practice, it just seems like it's low on the list of priorities.

The one handed drill at the end with the tap off the knee and rack off the belt seems much more useful. One handed manipulation is a hole in my skill set that I have not spent a lot of time on.
    I did that to see if I could get hits. I recently discovered that I can shoot better WHO than with a left hand hold with both on the gun, because I never do it that way. The only time I see it happening is if using cover or concealment and not wanting to expose much.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Ok
    I haven't done anything but work on the house.
    That's going to change tonight, the dry fire area is mostly clear of building materials:dunno:
    Live fire is on tap for Friday...
    What the hell is a blind swordsman?

Top Bottom