• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    J C Whitney, seems they had everything for every model. Looking through their catalog was almost as fun as scavenging parts from the junk yard.
    Yep, try to find a tachmeter for the big Ford 4.9 L inline six. That engine had a hp peak about 3600 rpm (EFI model). It was pointless to go much past that and at 4000 rpm you were just wasting time. Most aftermarket tachs went to 8000 rpm. I found the perfect tach on J.C. Whitney back about 20 years ago for my 1995 F150:
    Tach 1995 F150.png

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Hauled 2.17 tons of stone about 5 miles in my 1990 F150, 4.9, many moons ago. Breaks and suspension were worked, the 4.9 just chugged along. Still one of my favorite engines.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just had to chase a crackhead out of my back yard. I grew up in this house and we never even heard of crackheads. Heck, we didn't even have fences back then, but we do now. I miss the days when I didn't have to chase crackheads out of my back yard only to watch them climb the other neighbors' fences. Seems like I should be able to shoot them, but I'm guessing that's illegal. :(

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I just had to chase a crackhead out of my back yard. I grew up in this house and we never even heard of crackheads. Heck, we didn't even have fences back then, but we do now. I miss the days when I didn't have to chase crackheads out of my back yard only to watch them climb the other neighbors' fences. Seems like I should be able to shoot them, but I'm guessing that's illegal. :(
    You are probably right but you could still check your state laws for any season on them and limits.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

SSS

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Hanging out waiting for a smoker to wrap up.

When I was younger, this would be about the time of the evening when Dad would bring out the air guns or 22 rifles and see who could plink the cans and such he had set up in the back yard.

Fun stuff was when he would have a soup can set upon the seats of the swing set. Should be an easy shot, right?

"Just keep in mind, you bust the seat you're buying a new one".

All the targets set up in the yard, trees, and such were free ones and easy ones... but it always got down to the cans sitting on the swing set way out in the back yard.

Unlike the other targets, those were set up on a swing seat that blew around with the wind.

And yes, true to his word, Dad made me buy new seats for the swing on those early attempts when I missed.

Oh how I miss and still appreciate my Dad!

45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That ain't right. I vote for all crackheads being sequestered on some desert island or such and not leaving until they are clean of the stuff. Second offense, permanent expulsion from society to Crack Head Island.

Top Bottom