• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    That was the first thought through our head this morning at 1:29 as we heard loud banging on the roof of the house. Sounded like Bigfoot was stomping around up there. We heard 6-7 thumps loud enough to reverberate. We both grabbed our pistols and followed the dog through the house looking for anything. Then went outside to see if a tree fell or something. Nothing anywhere to blame the sound on. This happened on the south side of Indy near County Line and Sherman did anyone else have anything similar happen.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That was the first thought through our head this morning at 1:29 as we heard loud banging on the roof of the house. Sounded like Bigfoot was stomping around up there. We heard 6-7 thumps loud enough to reverberate. We both grabbed our pistols and followed the dog through the house looking for anything. Then went outside to see if a tree fell or something. Nothing anywhere to blame the sound on. This happened on the south side of Indy near County Line and Sherman did anyone else have anything similar happen.

Weird. Keep us all posted if you find out what it was. Glad it was anything serious (well...as far as you know anyway). I had something similar happen here a couple weeks ago but it turns out it was the neighbors. Why they were throwing crap in their truck in the middle of the night beats me, but they seemed to quiet down after I went out the front door with a dog and a gun. I think I kinda freaked them out :dunno:

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I had a similar event at my house years ago. Me and my wife were watching tv and it sounded like bigfoot slammed a tree against the side of the house. We went outside and saw nothing. It was really bizarre.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    jersey-devil.jpg

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Eh, weird noises happen. Wasn't a ceiling joist settling or some such? Our house has been settling for the last few years so we get pops, bangs, and cracks from the ceiling and floors all the time.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    The Easter bunny called in sick. Santa Claus was filling in.
    I actually told my fiance this.

Sad that i thought this immediately.

That was bunnykid drinking again. Did he run naked into your house? Have you checked your flatscreen?
    Sadder that i also remembered this story, would have been a case of coming and going at the same time.

I had a similar event at my house years ago. Me and my wife were watching tv and it sounded like bigfoot slammed a tree against the side of the house. We went outside and saw nothing. It was really bizarre.
    Yes this was bizarre, left us very nervous.

Hope not.

Eh, weird noises happen. Wasn't a ceiling joist settling or some such? Our house has been settling for the last few years so we get pops, bangs, and cracks from the ceiling and floors all the time.
    This was super loud almost like the roof was coming off, although i did think maybe it was something settling but damn this was loud. We just bought the house in December and the roof looks very new so maybe. Was loud enough to shake my chest

rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    how close are the houses to one another in your nieghborhood. i ask this cause when i was growing up some of the kids in the area i grew up in would go at night and roof jump. They would jump from roof to roof to see how far they could get down the block. just a thought. If you heard 6 or 7 loud bangs it could have been someone running each bang was a step. i have also seen people running from the law do this as well.

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011

We heard 3 loud knocks in Autumn Chase at approximately that time.. Loud. Sounded like it was on the door for us.

Grabbed the pistol... Nothing.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    It's Hohn's next business plan... he scares the crap out of people in the middle of the night, so they'll pay $5 to visit his gun store.... :D

OK , I know - that was uncalled for... :D

Top Bottom