• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Ok INGO quit taking such great offense when people shoot themselves and others due to lack of training!
    Every ND/AD thread is null and void.

I got to go figure out how or carry my 1911 with the slide open in a back holster!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok INGO quit taking such great offense when people shoot themselves and others due to lack of training!

I got to go figure out how or carry my 1911 with the slide open in a back holster!

Lol. Having a lack of a requirement of training does not absolve one of personal responsibility.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    If you are in an out of a car constantly, butt forward avoids digging the seat, and it is definitely easier to draw while still seated. When I have a number of stops, I put the paddle holster on the left side, butt forward. With the holster on the left it is easy to grab with the right hand, even if you are wearing a jacket, plus you don't get tangled up in the seat belt. Like already mentioned, the guy might have a handicap, like maybe missing fingers on the right hand. I try to get to know the man and his reasons before assuming he is wrong.

Even the most gifted Gunslinger can loose a digit or 3 to a lobstrosity.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

No one is saying training is a bad thing, making training mandatory for a god given right is a bad thing.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I think we are in a catch 22.
    I still maintain the "guy" with high point that's never shot it is a danger to everyone around a simple 8 hour course that cost like $25 bucks. Would go a long way in public safety but I am outnumbered by the "Darwin" crowd.
    That's against my freedom let "bubba" do what he wants then "bang"!
    Well he should have applied the four rules and knew better than to blow his junk off.

BTW do you OC when wearing a thong?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I still maintain the "guy" with high point that's never shot it is a danger to everyone around a simple 8 hour course that cost like $25 bucks. Would go a long way in public safety but I am outnumbered by the "Darwin" crowd.
    Well he should have applied the four rules and knew better than to blow his junk off.

You sound curious, you asking for a pic? I can autograph it for ya if ya like.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You sound curious, you asking for a pic? I can autograph it for ya if ya like.

I thought you sent what you had left to the ICE Female Illegal Immigrant Holding Facility with your phone number and "Hola Senoritas....Call me when you get out...Regards, Brown Sugar"?

(The wife's cousin got caught up by mistake in a raid and showed me the pic when they let her out with her visa....)

"Ricardo do you know thees man??? He says he's a fellow Hoosier and he wants to introduce me to Zima..."

"It's a TRAP Prima....RUN!!!!! Muy rapido!!!!!"

:)

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    18097634.gif

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

You do know there's no difference in accidental shooting rates between States with required training, and those that don't, right?

People REQUIRED to go to class, will often dismiss what was taught, or just not listen.
    Also, anti-gun States can use the training to set the bar so high, to keep people from passing.
    I've heard of one required class, that required people to know about blunderbusses, cause you know, people need to know that when carrying a modern semi-auto to defend themselves.

And then, what about someone that needs the gun, or needs to carry to gun, you know.. to ACTUALLY DEFEND THEMSELVES?
    Do we tell them, "Sorry! You'll have to wait a month for a required class to schedule you. And you'll need to come up with the fee, even though you barely can afford the gun and ammo. Guess you'll just have to die, since you didn't get the class before someone decided they wanted to kill you."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

An 8 hour class, required, that cost $25.
    I find that hard to imagine.
    Darwin crowd? So I guess someone I knew that had an ex-husband trying to kill her should have just rolled over and played dead.
    And she required a LOT less than 8 hours to learn a gun.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think we should have mandatory training to qualify for a voter's registration card. More people have done more harm with stupid, negligent choices at the ballot than with anyone has or will with guns.

I think we should have mandatory training to qualify for being allowed to reproduce. Negligent parenting has done far more harm than negligent gun handling will ever do.

I think we should have mandatory training before you can speak or write your own thoughts. Negligent use of free speech has done more harm than negligence with guns.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I 2nd the training to reproduce!
    To bad we are not in politics we could solve issues quickly.

We would just need a few cases of Zima and all would be good!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.ammoland.com/2014/06/mandatory-firearms-training/#axzz4lzC9ZyQU

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2014/06/mandatory-firearms-training/#ixzz4lzCWyuI6
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

there is no empirical evidence which shows that mandatory firearms training actually guarantees any of those things. I spent several hours scouring the internet for some data which would at least show some correlation between mandatory training and firearms accident rates in different states. The data I did find was frankly all over the place…so scattered I won't even bother including it here. I found states with strict training requirements, low training requirements, and no training requirements. I looked at states with constitutional carry (requiring no permit) and “may issue” states which, even with stringent training requirements…issued almost no concealed carry licenses at all. Some had relatively low firearms accident rates, some had higher rates…some didn't even report that type of data. I found no apparent pattern to tie firearms training (or lack of it) to firearms accidents (or lack of them).

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I would still feel better if the dude next to me with the high point had at least be exposed to safe weapon handling.
    I guess it's a moot point unless I become "Dictator of Indiana"!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would still feel better if the dude next to me with the high point had at least be exposed to safe weapon handling.

You might not feel safer, if you were required to take a class, and wait, while someone is actually trying to kill you.
    I've taught a few women, that then used the gun to defend themselves. It did not take 8 hours. And they didn't have to wait for an "official" class.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

And how would that make you "feel better"?
    Cause you think someone required to take a class is actually going to listen, and follow those instructions.

Once again, there is NO APPARENT DIFFERENCE between States that require, and those that do not require training.

Since, there is NO APPARENT DIFFERNCE, how the heck are you going to feel safer?

I know some people that would "feel safer" if no one is allowed to carry, or even own a gun.
    So... if we're going by what makes people "feel safer" I guess you need to turn in your gun.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I would create a fast track "life and limb" license good for 180 days approved by the local police chief/ sheriff.
    For extreme situations.

Top Bottom