• DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Carry snobs. Ain't we something?

MY holster is the EXACT one Yeager uses, and MY glock is WAY more expensive than your p.o.s., and not just because of all of the really keen tacticool mods I had my cousin's nephew do to it!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The hammer is down on the 1911 is that how you carry the antique pistol ?

50/50 bet it's never been fired ?

Just really don't get the OC thing in that situation it's more of a look at me I have a pistol.

Better than the guy carrying one of the cheap .22 Single Actions in a nylon holster covered in rust!

I didn't know nylon could rust. ;)

mgdiaz1993

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    Smart money says that the guy in the picture doesn't know this is a cavalry draw position. Hell I didn't know this was called a cavalry draw. Probably watched too many westerns, or bought the wrong size Uncle Mike's and that's the only way he can get it to fit.

Unfortunately trying to discuss benefits of different positioning with people like this is often met with anecdotal evidence and is taken as an affront to their masculinity.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Smart money says that the guy in the picture doesn't know this is a cavalry draw position. Hell I didn't know this was called a cavalry draw. Probably watched too many westerns, or bought the wrong size Uncle Mike's and that's the only way he can get it to fit.

Unfortunately trying to discuss benefits of different positioning with people like this is often met with anecdotal evidence and is taken as an affront to their masculinity.

It's largely up to the approach from the person imparting advice when offering constructive criticism, but it's also true that many people are impervious to genuine constructive criticism and assume a personal slight where none is intended.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm not going to criticize how someone else is carrying unless they solicit opinion or they endanger me.

Given that, it's my experience that the greater the disparity between the person's actual expertise and their self-perceived level of expertise, the more likely the person is to be defensive and hostile when someone offers advice, regardless of the approach. It's almost never worth the trouble to offer unsolicited advice to a stranger about gun stuff.

mgdiaz1993

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    It's largely up to the approach from the person imparting advice when offering constructive criticism, but it's also true that many people are impervious to genuine constructive criticism and assume a personal slight where none is intended.

I honestly never do unless the topic is brought up by someone else, and then I try to take the approach of "have you thought of this" as opposed to the "this is the only way to do it" 70% of the time it seems like it's met with opposition. I know there's a thousand ways to skin a cat, but I think some may be more efficient

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I honestly never do unless the topic is brought up by someone else, and then I try to take the approach of "have you thought of this" as opposed to the "this is the only way to do it" 70% of the time it seems like it's met with opposition. I know there's a thousand ways to skin a cat, but I think some may be more efficient

That's the best approach.
    It would take getting to know the guy first.
    Offering up unsolicited advice unless it's a situation of immediate safety in any other situation is usually just not offered.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    There's a couple goofballs in Martinsville that carry in some walmart soft air holster that hangs about 2 inches away from the body,

If there is ever a way we can to give IQ requirements for Carrying, Drivers license, and having kids I'm in. But I want to be the one to set the criteria

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    When I was stationed in Louisiana I had to complete a training course to obtain a carry license.
    I think all states should have a training requirement it was only like 8 hours but it covered the basics.
    Get this if you did not qualify you didn't pass about 4 out of about 15 didn't make the cut!

I think I am going to OC carry my 4in nickel M19 in an ankle holster !

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    There's a couple goofballs in Martinsville that carry in some walmart soft air holster that hangs about 2 inches away from the body,

If there is ever a way we can to give IQ requirements for Carrying, Drivers license, and having kids I'm in. But I want to be the one to set the criteria

Why do you hate freedom? :abused:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If you are in an out of a car constantly, butt forward avoids digging the seat, and it is definitely easier to draw while still seated. When I have a number of stops, I put the paddle holster on the left side, butt forward. With the holster on the left it is easy to grab with the right hand, even if you are wearing a jacket, plus you don't get tangled up in the seat belt. Like already mentioned, the guy might have a handicap, like maybe missing fingers on the right hand. I try to get to know the man and his reasons before assuming he is wrong.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If you are in an out of a car constantly, butt forward avoids digging the seat, and it is definitely easier to draw while still seated. When I have a number of stops, I put the paddle holster on the left side, butt forward. With the holster on the left it is easy to grab with the right hand, even if you are wearing a jacket, plus you don't get tangled up in the seat belt. Like already mentioned, the guy might have a handicap, like maybe missing fingers on the right hand. I try to get to know the man and his reasons before assuming he is wrong.

Look at it. That's not cross draw. Unless he's Gumby.

Top Bottom