• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • junk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    state of confusion
    after reading all the wonderful opinions on here , not one person brought up teaching gun training in school . the rest of the constitution is taught there .My nephews school has a trap team . Why not bring up our children teaching them how to properly handle a firearm . They don't have to ever own one , just know how to properly handle it . advance classes on marksmanship .

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The guy in the OP pic is doing it all wrong. He could learn a lot from this guy:
    CFA%20Carry_zpspscsg9tl.jpg

Same guy.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    after reading all the wonderful opinions on here , not one person brought up teaching gun training in school . the rest of the constitution is taught there .My nephews school has a trap team . Why not bring up our children teaching them how to properly handle a firearm . They don't have to ever own one , just know how to properly handle it . advance classes on marksmanship .

I have no inherent problem with government schools teaching gun safety....theoretically.

But like all other subjects, we are ultimately responsible for our own children's education.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I think I am spoiled I spent 24 years in the Army and got to attend all kinds of "high speed" training.
    I expect people around me to be competent.
    I was also a Drill Sergeant for 3 years if a Private was unsafe or too stupid I just filled a few papers a poof they were gone!
    I agree you cannot train the stupid out of some people!
    Did they teach you anything about grammar, spelling or punctuation?

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Maybe it was concealed, and this was a "distraction" gun. I remember really in my career, at trainings, how hard it was to break the "one gun" idea when reaching suspects. Officers would find one gun, and call it a day, and the guy playing our bad guy, would often have other weapons on him.
    The trooper who was a real jerk to me and my wife and threw my mod.59 on top of my truck had that same mentality. He took the gun he knew about, and turned his back on two people armed with about 12-13 guns. Smart?

Wolf1661

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I seen a guy at walmart the other day with a 45 down his pants. I was checking out ammo for my 9mm. Just about dropped it on the floor in front of his son. Later found out he had a felony. Should have turned him in, but I was in a hurry to get out of there and back to work. Just throwing a gun in your pants is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I saw a moron just now at the McDonald's in Salem carrying a nickel-plated 38 in a utg drop leg holster.

The gun was flopping around like someone having an epileptic fit.

Which confirms everything I've ever thought about open carry

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I saw a moron just now at the McDonald's in Salem carrying a nickel-plated 38 in a utg drop leg holster.

???

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Worst I seen was a guy with a 1911 with the grip safety rubber banded down just stuck in his back pocket. It was cocked but I have no idea if the thumb safety was on.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    I lost the picture I took of the worst example I saw, but here's the rundown:

H&K of some sort (think it was a USP)? Okay, that's good.

OC? Well, the debate rages on.

Holster? A workman's tool belt with the pouch removed, with a Fobus paddle holster strapped to the flap where the pouch was. The flap WAS tied down around his thigh, at least.

Pretty sure I had a mini-stroke when I saw it and realized I wasn't dreaming.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

Is Dog1 going to tell us what he's always "thought about open carry"!?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I seen a guy at walmart the other day with a 45 down his pants. I was checking out ammo for my 9mm. Just about dropped it on the floor in front of his son. Later found out he had a felony. Should have turned him in, but I was in a hurry to get out of there and back to work. Just throwing a gun in your pants is one of my biggest pet peeves.

I'll bite. How did you find out he had a felony?

thedreamer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2015
    Delaware County
    Have two different times I have seen crazy carry methods. One was at McDonalds, guy had a Hipoint shoved in his back pocket with the slide locked back. I guess he was trying to prevent shooting himself? Not really sure. The second was more strange than crazy a guy was at Walmart and had two cheap nylon holsters (one on each side) one holding some full size chrome plated pistol I didn't recognize and the other a Glock 26/27.

Top Bottom