Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I'll get it as soon as possible but at 67 years old and retired, I will be way down the list on who it's available to. Would get it now if I could.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    By the time it gets to me, if it causes issues, I will know by the time it comes my time. My wife (a nurse) got does one already and not many issues. I would prefer the Moderma one over Pfizer because of the crazy storage requirements though. It should be 100% voluntary though, never required (by government or anyone).

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I hear you, but I am an at risk person. I have high BP, I have COPD, and I'm overweight, and I'm blood type A+, all of which are risk factors.
    I voted yes.

Since the last poll, 5 family members (health care) have received the first shot and are scheduled for the second, all Pfizer. Some had soreness at the shot site for a day... similar to the flu shot.

I'm not a high risk person, so I'll wait my turn. If I were, I'd be signing up to get it as soon as I could... but it's an individual decision to weigh the risks/benefits as you see fit.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Yep. First shot was on Weds. Injection site was sore for a day. I work in a hospital and constantly interact with breathing circuits, intubation equipment, etc, so it’s not just for my safety but to also know I’m not a carrier that could contaminate the things that go directly into your mouth and throat.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I might consider it once they determine whether or not getting the vaccine prevents you from transmitting Covid. It does not for the regular flu vaccines given each year which is one of the reasons I feel no obligation to get a regular flu vaccine. If these are determined to help prevent the spread then I'll consider it, assuming we've had enough time to discover long term effects.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    My sister is a Neuro ICU RN at Methodist and is the smartest person I know. She's had her first dose and a week and a half or so from her second. She schooled me on the science and her professional opinion means a lot to me. This year has been very hard on my LE profession and lots of questions an concerns. My sister came to me and values my professional opinion in my field. It would be hypocritical for me not to do the same. Now that I have COVID, I'm in no rush for the vaccine. I will get it at some point.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My sister is a Neuro ICU RN at Methodist and is the smartest person I know. She's had her first dose and a week and a half or so from her second. She schooled me on the science and her professional opinion means a lot to me. This year has been very hard on my LE profession and lots of questions an concerns. My sister came to me and values my professional opinion in my field. It would be hypocritical for me not to do the same. Now that I have COVID, I'm in no rush for the vaccine. I will get it at some point.
    My brother (an GP D.O.) got his, and has been busy answering question and explaining the vaccine.
    Based on recent discussions with Dr.'s and M.D.'s including several in the family, I'm currently at "no"
    Care to elaborate?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom