Status
    Not open for further replies.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Only asking this as a general question. I am a DOD employee, and will have it available to me soon, on a voluntary basis.

Want to know what people think. In my mind, I want to take it, but I don't want to be the first one to take it. I want to watch what happens first....

I'll leave the poll open for 7 days...

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    We had a thread in this before the switch. Haven't seen it since, so I will vote here as well. My vote is a resounding NO!

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    At the end of the day it's just another vaccine. It will be awhile before my number gets pulled. SWMBO'd gets her's Saturday.

I am wondering when they will start applying the number tattoo to your arm. Probably after the second dose.

On a more serious level, I do foresee proof of vaccination being required for international travel.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    At the VA Med Center in Indy we got the Moderna vaccine. We started with the direct patient care employees and are starting to contact our older patients. Older for us is over 85 since half our patients are 65-85.

As a patient I'm after all the 60-somethings. As an employee I volunteered to go last. I realize my reasons are irrational (deals with the crap the USAF shot me up with/left my short-term memory in 2004) but I really don't care.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer by any stretch. Hell I grew up on a farm, tetanus shots were always important when everything has rust on it and can cut you. I got the shingles vaccine because shingles really sucks. I'll probably get the COVID vaccine someday, but not today.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    At the VA Med Center in Indy we got the Moderna vaccine. We started with the direct patient care employees and are starting to contact our older patients. Older for us is over 85 since half our patients are 65-85.

As a patient I'm after all the 60-somethings. As an employee I volunteered to go last. I realize my reasons are irrational (deals with the crap the USAF shot me up with/left my short-term memory in 2004) but I really don't care.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer by any stretch. Hell I grew up on a farm, tetanus shots were always important when everything has rust on it and can cut you. I got the shingles vaccine because shingles really sucks. I'll probably get the COVID vaccine someday, but not today.
    I get ya. I'm 51, and a currently serving DOD employee, but I have lots of hold over problems from VA claims. I want to think it is our best option, but an mRNA is a new type of vaccine, I have my worries.....

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Left wing talk show “expert” recently said it would take a vaccination rate of 70% for the vaccine to be effective in stopping the spread. I may be a little skeptical, but I don’t see 70% of the entire population of the United States complying to that extent.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    At the end of the day it's just another vaccine. It will be awhile before my number gets pulled. SWMBO'd gets her's Saturday.

I am wondering when they will start applying the number tattoo to your arm. Probably after the second dose.

On a more serious level, I do foresee proof of vaccination being required for international travel.
    I voted no. It's not just another vaccine, it's an entirely new type of vaccine with little to no history from which we can learn. I really don't want to be given a vaccine of a type no pharmaceutical company was able to license in the absence of a worldwide panic.

Last edited:

BigErnNP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2020
    Southeast Side
    I think there is just too much unknown to make the decision at this time. So I put maybe, as I am for vaccination but not part of the first round when it doesn't seem to be fully vetted. IMO

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom