Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I think we have to be more specific. The mRNA vaccines appear to be effective against the commonly circulating strains including the UK variant.

What preliminary testing I have seen on the Brazil and South African variant also still showed them effective enough to prevent severe cases. The companies are working on the possibility of providing another sequence in the vaccine if needed. Genetic tracking of the virus makes it appear that the UK variant is taking over here, but not the others.

There was also a misleading paper about the Brazil variant. When an area of the Amazon previously thought to have herd immunity got a new wave, they thought the people were being reinfected with a new variant. It turned out the original estimate of herd immunity was probably wrong.

I think we're at "so far so good" with the vaccines and at this point you are not likely to be infected with a strain that jumps the vaccine. Possibly, we'll need a booster in a few months if that turns out to be a problem.
    And again, the vaccines approved in the US appear to be effective against the 5 major strains. Even the non-mRNA vaccine from Johnson & Johnson is move effective, in tests, against these variants, than the typical seasonal flu shot is against the flu.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    To be employed, to enter stores, to enter restaurants, to make use of financial services, to travel. Obviously the intent is to coerce everyone to become a part of the system of continual jabs. What that system is intended to produce is not so obvious.
    From a certain perspective it looks like it's a monster eating a baby in the distance. Then you make your way down the hill, and in about 100 yards, and look at the same object. From this new perspective you see that it's just a big tree blowing in the wind.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And again, the vaccines approved in the US appear to be effective against the 5 major strains. Even the non-mRNA vaccine from Johnson & Johnson is move effective, in tests, against these variants, than the typical seasonal flu shot is against the flu.
    I think that personalities kinda figure into how one might assess risk. Overly cautious, you might think every precaution should be taken. On the opposite extreme you might think no precautions at all should be taken. What is the right precaution? I think we'll Mostly be just fine. The :runaway: was overblown, I think. The:lala:was a bit overdone on the other side. I'm kinda ready to be done with all of it. I say take the appropriate personal precautions and let 'er rip.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I think that personalities kinda figure into how one might assess risk. Overly cautious, you might think every precaution should be taken. On the opposite extreme you might think no precautions at all should be taken. What is the right precaution? I think we'll Mostly be just fine. The :runaway: was overblown, I think. The:lala:was a bit overdone on the other side. I'm kinda ready to be done with all of it. I say take the appropriate personal precautions and let 'er rip.
    You and I agree on all those points. Covid was way overblown. The risks from the disease to most people are minimal for any serious complications. The caseloads were way over diagnosed by the cycle count issue in the testing. The hype is as much about control over people as it is over a virus. The truly at risk people are those over the age of 55 as well as those with specific risk factors but much of the first 9 months of the government response had little to do with protecting people under the age of 70.

But I don't understand what any of this has to do with the effectiveness of the vaccines against the original and/or the mutated strains, which my post addressed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You and I agree on all those points. Covid was way overblown. The risks from the disease to most people are minimal for any serious complications. The caseloads were way over diagnosed by the cycle count issue in the testing. The hype is as much about control over people as it is over a virus. The truly at risk people are those over the age of 55 as well as those with specific risk factors but much of the first 9 months of the government response had little to do with protecting people under the age of 70.

But I don't understand what any of this has to do with the effectiveness of the vaccines against the original and/or the mutated strains, which my post addressed.
    Agreed, but I'd not exactly classify it as "control". I think it's more like compliance to "sameness". It's not exactly the same thing. I think that's the crux of "Karen-ness". You're not like me. I don't know how to handle that. I need you to be like me. I need you to see the world the way I do. So I think a need to control is secondary to that.

So then Karen is capable of pulling her mask down to yell at you, spewing her Covid breath at you to yell at you because you're not as afraid of the virus as she is, while you're not wearing a mask in your own car, by yourself, with the windows up.

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    No they have not.

The new strains are more transmissible but so far all the major US approved vaccines are more effective on all major strains of Covid than on the seasonal flu.

NoGoJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2021
    Zionsville
    1. Yes
    2. No
    3. Unsure
    Interesting data people should consider:

Incident Reports Show 966 Deaths Following Vaccination for COVID-19.

Between Dec. 14 and Feb. 19. 19,769 reports were made to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) following immunizations with either the Moderna or Pfizer BioNTech mRNA vaccines (the only two vaccines given during the time period assessed). At this time, VAERS data is not available after Feb. 19.

The 966 deaths represent 5 percent of the total number of adverse events reports. Of those who died, 86, (8.9 percent) died on the same day they got the shot. An additional 129, (13.4 percent) died within one day. An additional 97 died within 2 days, and 61 within 3 days.

A total of 514 (53.2 percent) died within a week. 173 died within 7-13 days. 106 within 14-20 days.

85 percent of deaths occurred in individuals over 60; below 60 there were five deaths among those aged 20-29; 8 aged 30-39; 20 aged 40-49; and 57 aged 50-59.
    SOURCE: The Epoch Times

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Yawn inducing. Did you read the story or just post the headline for panic inducing purposes. Actually, I'd be surprised if this wasn't happening, and it seems normal with viruses. Takes nothing away from the proposition that the vaccines are good and effective.

What would you do? Sit back and do nothing, because the virus will likely mutate?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

Between Dec. 14 and Feb. 19. 19,769 reports were made to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) following immunizations with either the Moderna or Pfizer BioNTech mRNA vaccines (the only two vaccines given during the time period assessed). At this time, VAERS data is not available after Feb. 19.

The 966 deaths represent 5 percent of the total number of adverse events reports. Of those who died, 86, (8.9 percent) died on the same day they got the shot. An additional 129, (13.4 percent) died within one day. An additional 97 died within 2 days, and 61 within 3 days.

A total of 514 (53.2 percent) died within a week. 173 died within 7-13 days. 106 within 14-20 days.

85 percent of deaths occurred in individuals over 60; below 60 there were five deaths among those aged 20-29; 8 aged 30-39; 20 aged 40-49; and 57 aged 50-59.
    How do the deaths after vaccine compare to deaths in the general population?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

It would be interesting if you compared it to the total # of vaccines administered. And compared it to the total # of covid deaths in the same time period. As ti stands its rather meaningless.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Yes, more effective than seasonal flu. I think it's fair to discuss declining efficacy (if it occurs) with certain mutations. If we have nearly 100% efficacy at avoiding severe cases, I'm fairly comfortable going about my business including visiting my elderly parents without a pre-quarantine. I'll be keeping an eye on the level of effectiveness though as I make those decisions.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Wait so you don't think I can generalize but then you generalized?

Uh, data shows there are huge numbers of false positives. The data does not show that for false negatives. Plenty of data backs up that generalization.
    Hmm.. sorry if I wasn't very clear. PCR testing only produces false positive in light of poor interpretation or poor sampling. For example, if you test positive 1 mo after infection the test probably isn't wrong. There are probably viral particles there. But the interpretation is wrong (in even sampling you in the first place) because you likely aren't carrying infectious virus anymore.

There are now quite a number of other SARSCov2, but the most common are rapid tests which are more likely to produce a false NEGATIVE because they won't pick up a low viral load.

Where is the legitimate data showing an overall error towards false positives?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    To be employed, to enter stores, to enter restaurants, to make use of financial services, to travel. Obviously the intent is to coerce everyone to become a part of the system of continual jabs. What that system is intended to produce is not so obvious.
    Seems pretty obvious to me, but I'm jaded, I have seen a peek behind the curtain, and you can't unsee that...

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Seems pretty obvious to me, but I'm jaded, I have seen a peek behind the curtain, and you can't unsee that...

I'm convinced that most people simply don't have the motivation to look. Still though, a surprising facet to all this is how motivated some are to squelch looking. And, this ongoing program of establishing a global network of control (and depopulation if you read what has long been published) probably couldn't succeed without them. Hmm, perhaps that explains some of the motivations.

So oh well, there's plenty to look at. Anybody interested could also take a look at vaccination passports, what countries around the world say they are implementing, what the news stories say the plans are, how the news stories are glowingly praising the benefits, what the digital ID system of control on financial transactions is intended to be. None of it is really new news but most people simply don't know about it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm convinced that most people simply don't have the motivation to look. Still though, a surprising facet to all this is how motivated some are to squelch looking. And, this ongoing program of establishing a global network of control (and depopulation if you read what has long been published) probably couldn't succeed without them. Hmm, perhaps that explains some of the motivations.

So oh well, there's plenty to look at. Anybody interested could also take a look at vaccination passports, what countries around the world say they are implementing, what the news stories say the plans are, how the news stories are glowingly praising the benefits, what the digital ID system of control on financial transactions is intended to be. None of it is really new news but most people simply don't know about it.
    I am mesmerized by just how poignant the Upton Sinclair quote is in this time we live in.

Upton Sinclair — "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding"

A lot of people are acting as The Thirty Tyrants, many out of ignorance and selfishness...

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Just putting the technology, systems and political will in place. It's what we're living so it doesn't matter one whit whether anyone can go there or not.
    It's the obvious ramp up to plans published two thousand years ago but hey, people really can't go there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom