• Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Here's a new wrinkle for the tin foil hat crowd.

When I got my first shot last week, I was given a card with info on it to give to my doctor. I am also to bring this card with me to my second appt, after which I can then carry around a card which says I've gotten both doses.
    If and when the mask mandate is cancelled, does it get replaced by this card? Maybe you either have the card or have to wear a mask.

For now, you have to have a clean test to get on a plane, don't you? or is that just intl flights? What if that is replaced by this card? Assuming we don't achieve herd immunity because enough people won't get the vaccine.......What if you can't sit down in a restaurant without the card, enter a government bldg, go the movies, go to school, enter the grocery, etc? They won't restrict you from buying food, you just don't get to go inside to get it.

Hopefully that won't become necessary.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    COVID testing is now required for international arrivals on airlines, not domestic flights.

There is chatter about that, but even the international testing requirement cut already small pax counts by double-digit percentages and a domestic testing requirement would be the nail in the coffin of airlines.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    They're telling those that got the vaccine to still wear a mask because you can still get the Kung Flu, and pass it on to others.
    Actually, its because they don't have enough data to say you can't effectively pass the virus on. At least that is what i read in the local gun shop when they told me the lifetime LTCH was going away this year.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Opened this morning to age 65 and up. Online registration had a 15 minute wait time but I got an appointment for Wednesday morning, all set up, and pre-registration completed.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wait.... Did you get a card with the trial?
    Yes. It looks like cards I have see from people getting the vaccinations and the idea is that even if I have a placebo (don't know), this fulfills any requirement to get vaccinated during the length of the study. Kinda ruins my participation if I get a different vaccine. However, at this point, no one is requiring me to be vaccinated (my employer will not).

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yes. It looks like cards I have see from people getting the vaccinations and the idea is that even if I have a placebo (don't know), this fulfills any requirement to get vaccinated during the length of the study. Kinda ruins my participation if I get a different vaccine. However, at this point, no one is requiring me to be vaccinated (my employer will not).
    Interesting, does it just say trial/study in the box where the vial info goes.
    I understand if you don't answer, just my curiosity.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Interesting, does it just say trial/study in the box where the vial info goes.
    I understand if you don't answer, just my curiosity.
    It has the name of the vaccine...which is one that is not approved, with a lot (vial) number. To anyone who would look at it, it appears that I have been vaccinated (well, half vaccinated at this point).

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    At this point my biggest concern is that the 2nd dose won't be available for many people. Seems like the demand is higher than the supply and the supply chain doesn't seem to be able to deliver. I hope I'm wrong. I'm due for my second dose in 3 weeks, got my first dose last week.

What I do know is that a 1 million doses a day, which is Biden's goal (and which was close to what was being injected at the end of the Trump administration) the rollout is going too slow to get to herd immunity until we get into the fall of this year.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    They're telling those that got the vaccine to still wear a mask because you can still get the Kung Flu, and pass it on to others.
    What they are saying is that while vaccines are know to prevent illness from the virus (in around 90%, depending), they do not have enough information to conclude that a vaccinated person cannot pass it. That's a little different and I expect the knowledge base to grow on this issue and suspect that they will find that they cannot pass it on. Honestly, it seems like a safe conclusion, but the people who do these studies will not shoot from the hip, right or wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom