Not open for further replies.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The president of our company is really pushing people to get vaccinated. She has gone beyond suggesting it but not quite to mandating it.

How does Hipaa law relate to all this? Can she even ask if we got the flu shot(s)?

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    It took about 25 minutes for my first shot at the VA today. Five minute wait for my appointment time and 15 minute wait after the shot.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Yes I would , I have had friends that got it and say it’s terrible, some have passed. Pick the one you feel most comfortable with, old fart I drink coffee with says he is going with the company that makes viagera. Lol
    Lol! That might be a way to encourage some guys to get the vaccine, a free sample. Maybe with a marketing campaign slogan something like "get a poke, give a ....", well, you get the idea.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    2 friends on a waiting list were called 2 weeks ago and both got their first shot. 2 friends and my wife ( all 70 or above ) got their first shots last week. I’m the youngster at 69 so still waiting. Am on a waiting list but 250 names ahead of me.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    The president of our company is really pushing people to get vaccinated. She has gone beyond suggesting it but not quite to mandating it.

How does Hipaa law relate to all this? Can she even ask if we got the flu shot(s)?
    HIPAA law applies to medical providers only.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    HIPAA law applies to medical providers only.
    That's not quite true, but close. It applies to anyone who has access to "protected health information" (even lawyers) and regulates the type and manner of disclosure. It has nothing to do with asking anyone about their medical history.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    2 friends on a waiting list were called 2 weeks ago and both got their first shot. 2 friends and my wife ( all 70 or above ) got their first shots last week. I’m the youngster at 69 so still waiting. Am on a waiting list but 250 names ahead of me.
    Been searching for some waiting list info in Hendricks County, but haven't found anything so far. If someone else in Hendricks has, let us know. My wife has a serious heart condition and some other underlying conditions, so would like to get her signed up on a waiting list. Thank you

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Been searching for some waiting list info in Hendricks County, but haven't found anything so far. If someone else in Hendricks has, let us know. My wife has a serious heart condition and some other underlying conditions, so would like to get her signed up on a waiting list. Thank you
    And if anyone knows to get on a list in Madison county, please let me know.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The HIPAA became a moot item anyway, since that article said that a company can mandate vaccination.

I was just curious as my wife worked in a medical facility for 10 years and she always had to be careful with what she talked to me about. Same with my son when he worked in a pharmacy.

I won't raise a stink if she mandates it. I kinda like my job. But I will try to fly under the radar.

In the end, if I need to, I'll get the vaccine.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The HIPAA became a moot item anyway, since that article said that a company can mandate vaccination.

I was just curious as my wife worked in a medical facility for 10 years and she always had to be careful with what she talked to me about. Same with my son when he worked in a pharmacy.

I won't raise a stink if she mandates it. I kinda like my job. But I will try to fly under the radar.

In the end, if I need to, I'll get the vaccine.
    My philosophy is (and why not be philosophical) that before anyone talks about mandates, government or private, let's see if enough people get it voluntarily when there are adequate supplies. If enough people get it by choice, why start mandating?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My son (23) who lives in Grand Rapids got his first shot yesterday. He was on a stand-by list.

My Mom (81), got her first shot Wednesday.

I realize they're supplying vaccines as fast as possible, but not everyone can get one who wants one. So what's the priority? Did Grand Rapids run out of old people? Seems to me, assuming your son doesn't have other co-morbidities at age 23, he should probably be one of the last in line. And of course, your mom should be prioritized.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom