• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Ok I do now remember this call. I just don't remember the game being totally one-sided overall. I attribute this loss mostly to our rustiness from not playing. I believe we had the best team, however, which is why it was the most disappointing loss in Colts history for me personally.

The Colts were being dominated in that game and that call was a huge momentum killer for the Steelers. Had that call not been made, I don't think the Colts would have been within 20 points.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    The Colts were being dominated in that game and that call was a huge momentum killer for the Steelers. Had that call not been made, I don't think the Colts would have been within 20 points.

By one sided I was speaking of the calls not the play. Clearly the Colts came out flatter than a board and that is why they were losing. They were outplayed and did deserve to lose the game, I'm not disputing that.

It seems, however, that there was one bad call not 4 zebra's hired by Jim Irsay to wreck the Steelers Super Bowl hopes as you originally suggested. ;)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    By one sided I was speaking of the calls not the play. Clearly the Colts came out flatter than a board and that is why they were losing. They were outplayed and did deserve to lose the game, I'm not disputing that.

It seems, however, that there was one bad call not 4 zebra's hired by Jim Irsay to wreck the Steelers Super Bowl hopes as you originally suggested. ;)

I'd like to be able to watch that game again because I'm pretty sure there was more than just the 1 bad call.

As the fan of 31 teams (:D) I don't really get emotionally attached to a team to judge the calls one way or the other. I've participated in almost every colts game thread on here this year and I think most would agree that I call it fair as to whether the zebras are playing for one side or the other. I don't remember the Colts being the beneficiaries of any bad calls this year.

There was a guy on the Indy Star Colts forum blaming yesterdays loss on the refs from the Saints/Vikings game. I guess his argument was that the Saints couldn't have beaten the Colts yesterday if the Vikings would have not had bad calls against them.

masterblaster-c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    indianapolis
    I'd like to be able to watch that game again because I'm pretty sure there was more than just the 1 bad call.

As the fan of 31 teams (:D) I don't really get emotionally attached to a team to judge the calls one way or the other. I've participated in almost every colts game thread on here this year and I think most would agree that I call it fair as to whether the zebras are playing for one side or the other. I don't remember the Colts being the beneficiaries of any bad calls this year.

There was a guy on the Indy Star Colts forum blaming yesterdays loss on the refs from the Saints/Vikings game. I guess his argument was that the Saints couldn't have beaten the Colts yesterday if the Vikings would have not had bad calls against them.

Not sure I would say you are "calling it fair" I would say all I have seen is colts bashing at its finest! The heading to this thread is will the real colts fan stand up! I think its time for you to have a seat!!! :patriot:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Not sure I would say you are "calling it fair" I would say all I have seen is colts bashing at its finest! The heading to this thread is will the real colts fan stand up! I think its time for you to have a seat!!! :patriot:

It is no secret that I root against the Colts. But I am honest about what way the refs are going in any given game.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    And real Patriot fans would move to New England so we wouldn't have to hear their crap, but that's another story.

Oddly enough, doing that in 2 weeks. It's been fun here in Indiana. I get to proudly take my PATS FAN Indiana plate to hang on my wall once I transfer everything over there.
    I hope to see a Pats/Colts playoff game next year. We can all agree that would be entertaining no?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a conspiracy nutjob. I don't think all or most players are taking a dive but I believe there are a few that are. These guys are money whores of the highest order and many players have thrown team mates under the bus for an extra dollar in their contracts.

It is kind of strange... Pats win after 9/11 .... Colts win when they really need one.... Pats go 18-0 then lose... Saints get one "for Katrina"...

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    We will win this again yet. Were a better team than having to lose a game to bad ref calls. Bad calls, and cheap BS plays are no excuse. We are better than that and will win the bowl again. Ive been a fan before we won the Superbowl, and long before this game. The Colts are a good team we just need to get better.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    BUMP IT UP!

The season is about to start and I've already seen some classic Colts hating. It's time again for the real Colts fans to stand up.

I don't care if you think Peyton makes too much money! I'm sure people at your place of employment think the same about you!

peyton-manning.jpg

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I remember watching when it made front page headline news in the largest font available that the Colts won their first game of the season. Not a AFC championship game. Not a Super Bowl. But a run-of-the-mill regular season game.

I remember when my high school was named national champions and everybody, and I do mean everybody, thought they had a better than average chance of beating the Colts if ever given the opportunity to do so.

Those were some dark days for sure. I enjoy the current winning, but I know we'll start the downward slide again at some point. Through it all, I'll be rooting for them.
    Provided Irsay doesn't pack 'em up in the middle of the night and run like a little thief.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm not sure he's played 6-7 games the last 3 years...but he is bad.

Haha, he played less than 10 games the past 2 years, but 3 years ago he played the whole (regular) season IIRC.

I was just saying 6-7 games was around his average...It could be slightly higher, but I'd bet money he's missed more games than he's played.

Top Bottom