• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Think Jim Harbaugh...throw to the back of the end zone...now that was disappointing... ;)

Yes I remember that one, and that is the one that most people think of as the worst Colts moment. For me, it was that Steelers loss thought because that year I believe we legitimately had the best team in the league and probably would have went on to win it all.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    i will alway be a fan win or lose they will be back next year and win it all

Me too. The way I look at it, would you rather have a team that loses the Super Bowl or a team that can barely make the playoffs? Of course it's a disappointment but the fact is that Manning is only 33, the Colts get everyone back and there is no reason to believe that they won't make it back again. As a fan it is important to just enjoy this time of having one of the elite teams in the league.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The playoff loss to the Steelers in the '05-'06 season still takes that cake. A few plays happen differently then and last night's game and the Colts probably have 3 rings right now. Oh well.

The Colts had 4 extra players (zebras) on the field against the Steelers in that game and they still couldn't win it.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    The Colts had to play their A game in order to beat a team like the Saints. They did not play their A game, and the Saints did. Poor tackling looked like the biggest problem. Some sputtering on offense didnt help either.
    Oh how depressing!

But, I was a fan when they were 3-13, I'm still a fan. Go Colts!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    They also had one fat headed moron that missed a game tying field goal.

And had it not been for Indy's 4 extra players (zebras), the Colts wouldn't have been within 20 points of the Steelers. Vanderjact's miss wouldn't have mattered a hill of beans.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    And had it not been for Indy's 4 extra players (zebras), the Colts wouldn't have been within 20 points of the Steelers. Vanderjact's miss wouldn't have mattered a hill of beans.

Also we can't forget Jerome Bettis' epic fumble on the 1 yard line that set it up.... The only person Harper had to beat was Roethlisberger who he managed to get shoelaced by.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Also we can't forget Jerome Bettis' epic fumble on the 1 yard line that set it up.... The only person Harper had to beat was Roethlisberger who he managed to get shoelaced by.

Is there anywhere I can that game again? That game really cemented it in my mind that the NFL has a bigger say in who wins than the players do. Every time the Steelers started to run away with that game, the refs were making terrible calls to kill the momentum. I know you guys even blamed a player's wife for stabbing him in the leg.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Is there anywhere I can that game again? That game really cemented it in my mind that the NFL has a bigger say in who wins than the players do. Every time the Steelers started to run away with that game, the refs were making terrible calls to kill the momentum. I know you guys even blamed a player's wife for stabbing him in the leg.

"You guys"??

Harper did get stabbed in the leg by his wife, but his own stupidity is how he managed to get tackled by Ben, who I think I could probably outrun... I don't remember the calls being as one-sided as your suggesting either. I do remember us being flat because the starters had not played in weeks due to Dungy "resting" them.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I remember some of the calls for that game were controversial and this is the main one I found. Even the league said it was a bad call afterwards.

agree with you there, but you can't convince me that the Bus fumbled that on purpose.

You do bring good points on the refs though, it's not like we have seen betting refs in the NBA get busted.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I remember some of the calls for that game were controversial and this is the main one I found. Even the league said it was a bad call afterwards.

2005–06 NFL playoffs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    One play after the punt, an interception by Pittsburgh safety Troy Polamalu was overturned by instant replay (a reversal that the league would later admit was a mistake.)[5

Ok I do now remember this call. I just don't remember the game being totally one-sided overall. I attribute this loss mostly to our rustiness from not playing. I believe we had the best team, however, which is why it was the most disappointing loss in Colts history for me personally.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    agree with you there, but you can't convince me that the Bus fumbled that on purpose.

You do bring good points on the refs though, it's not like we have seen betting refs in the NBA get busted.

No, I don't think Bettis fumbled that ball on purpose. I think the NFL wanted Manning to have a ring and were hell bent on getting him one.

I think the Colts mailed it in last night. No way in the world was that pick 6 a smart throw. We all know Manning doesn't have a track record for being rock solid in the playoffs but he does have a reputation for being a great come from behind player. Did he look to you like his head was in that game?

I forget which year, but it was one of the first years that the Colts beat the Pats in the playoffs. Brady had an excellent reputation for being a come from behind qb. The game was slipping away from him and they were showing Brady on the sidelines like he didn't have a care in the world.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a conspiracy nutjob. I don't think all or most players are taking a dive but I believe there are a few that are. These guys are money whores of the highest order and many players have thrown team mates under the bus for an extra dollar in their contracts.

Top Bottom