• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Everyone knows the true cyclists are the stationary cyclists.
    I try not ti admit defeat often

But when I do

I am humbled by greatness

You sir are a great human being.

And now begins the reformation.

Won't be long before it will be recumbent vs upright, Peloton vs Schwinn, di you actually have to ride to get healthy or does believing that riding will make you healthy be enough.

These are the questions that try men's souls.

I only regret that I have one life to give to cycling.

We hold these ...

Okay I am running out of steam...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How is it a strawman? You cant just use that every time someone says something that makes a point you dont like. And regardless of 5 mph vs 20 mph, it’s still well below the speed limit. Cars get pulled over for driving that much below the speed limit because it is a safety hazard.
    It is a strawman because I did not make an argument about a 5 mph rider, you did, so you could knock it down.

As for the “it is legal to ride in groups and riders to pass when 2 abreast thus making it 3 abreast”. Strawman (:)) You know that isnt what is happening. You know they are cruising 3 and 4 abreast. I would like riders to not be in packs of 50 or more, as its unsafe for both them and motor vehicles.
    Many cyclists would disagree with you on the safety aspect as there is visibility in numbers and they are not so easily bullied.

And every time someone says something about cyclists, your response is “but motorist”. Yes, most motorist have earned respect by taking a driving test, passing that test, registering their vehicle, and paying for insurance. Have cyclists done that? How about discussing the topic of cyclists without using what aboutisms, and justifying the actions of cyclists by comparing them to motor vehicles. These things may share real estate, but they are not the same.
    I have heard this crap from motorists for thirty years always wanting to hold cyclists to a standard they don’t hold cars to. Not a single poster said a word when assault and other dangerous activity was suggested or told about but it is all the cyclists fault…

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I try not ti admit defeat often

But when I do

I am humbled by greatness

You sir are a great human being.

And now begins the reformation.

Won't be long before it will be recumbent vs upright, Peloton vs Schwinn, di you actually have to ride to get healthy or does believing that riding will make you healthy be enough.

These are the questions that try men's souls.

I only regret that I have one life to give to cycling.

We hold these ...

Okay I am running out of steam...
    As long as we agree on the essentials side issues like recumbent vs upright are secondary issues that believers can disagree on. ;)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It is a strawman because I did not make an argument about a 5 mph rider, you did, so you could knock it down.

Many cyclists would disagree with you on the safety aspect as there is visibility in numbers and they are not so easily bullied.

I have heard this crap from motorists for thirty years always wanting to hold cyclists to a standard they don’t hold cars to. Not a single poster said a word when assault and other dangerous activity was suggested or told about but it is all the cyclists fault…
    Still saying “but motorists”

Until you can have a conversation about cyclists without mentioning or comparing to motorists, its pointless. You stated earlier that its 80 pages and nobody has learned anything. Are you yourself trying to learn, or are you of the opinion you already know and are only here to teach?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So you admit drivers don’t offer courtesy and follow laws but still want to throw stones at cyclists and even want to give illegals a pass. Seems like you should do what you said.
    Drivers don’t all behave the same way. Cyclist don’t all behave the same way. Your post made me think that actually needed to be pointed out.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Drivers don’t all behave the same way. Cyclist don’t all behave the same way. Your post made me think that actually needed to be pointed out.
    This would be true.

I got no answer to the question; if it is all clear why do people get all bent out of shape if a cyclist does not stop at a stop sign? I have heard people complaining about cyclists they saw when they were not even driving?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This would be true.

I got no answer to the question; if it is all clear why do people get all bent out of shape if a cyclist does not stop at a stop sign? I have heard people complaining about cyclists they saw when they were not even driving?
    This is the thread about cyclist assholes. If you want to hear INGO complain about ******* motorists, go to the ******* motorists thread. Or start one if there isn’t one.

Of course it’s not gonna see the action this thread has because no one is gonna be defending ******* motorists, to get the kind of pushback this thread has gotten.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is the thread about cyclist assholes. If you want to hear INGO complain about ******* motorists, go to the ******* motorists thread. Or start one if there isn’t one.

Of course it’s not gonna see the action this thread has because no one is gonna be defending ******* motorists, to get the kind of pushback this thread has gotten.
    I have seen bad parking photos groups on FB (IIRC) that we could probably all find common ground around.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Actual post from cyclist hitting parked cars.

Usually, I try to go into the car lane to get around them, but in this instance I would have had to cross two sets of trolley tracks into oncoming traffic because they were half in the bike lane and half out. I've wiped out on trolley tracks before, so I decided to squeeze in between them and the legally parked cars, and if I hit them...oh well. I squeezed by and accidentally hit their mirror, and then I promptly rode off. I was scared for a moment because this is America, and you never know who's packing. After that, it actually felt kind of good to do that to someone parked in the bike lane.

Top Bottom