Who else is looking forward to planting the garden?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pappyon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2020
    i enjoy it. last year we had a problem with mold or mildew on the cukes. hoping to rectify it this year

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Staring at my raised beds as I type. I added amendments to the soil last fall and covered them with landscape cloth.
    I have my seeds purchased and a plan to start cold weather crops as soon as possible in the boxes and summer crop seeds started under lights.

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Got seed gonna do start trays this weekend. Also gonna use an old recycling tote as a pot for planting potatoes in see how it works, may be a bit soon but they don’t need sun right away.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Always have a small garden but with a lot of shade it does not do real well. Plant what I call a "Salsa" garden, tomatoes, peppers and onions, and a few cukes over on a fence. Good luck all nothing like going to the yard for produce.

parson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    New Castle
    I was in our local library recently and saw that they have a seed library. Apparently, quite a few others do also. There seemed to be a pretty good selection of veggie & flower seeds.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    Definitely ready to be outside again. When we finished canning our beans last year I swore I would make the garden smaller this year. Probably won’t happen. Nothing like winter to get you ready for spring.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I’m planning for a good garden this year. Need to work on the PH of the soil. There is nothing like going to the garden and picking food for dinner.

bconn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, In
    I'm looking forward to trying wildflowers for the first time. I think I will try both perennials and annuals. I'm debating on switching from containers for tomatoes to raised beds. Any one have suggestions on it?

KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    Green peppers, cubenel peppers, jalapeno peppers, cherry tomatoes and better boy tomatoes all grown in large pots. Nothing beats homegrown tomatoes.

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I'm looking forward to trying wildflowers for the first time. I think I will try both perennials and annuals. I'm debating on switching from containers for tomatoes to raised beds. Any one have suggestions on it?
    speaking of wildflowers, I transplanted some purple cone flower(echinacea) can make medicine and tea out of it

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I’m planning for a good garden this year. Need to work on the PH of the soil. There is nothing like going to the garden and picking food for dinner.
    For about a month this late spring/early summer every morning I went up to the roof (flat roof, it's where about half the garden is) and would forage for breakfast. Strawberries, peas, lettuce, cukes. Then go into the house and make a fried egg (our eggs) sandwich to go with it.

Top Bottom