who does texture to the plastic guns ????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shawnfox12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    greenfield in,
    ok so ive seen it done to glocks and other plastic i have my daily side arm and want to get this done ASAP can you help with finding some one that is good at doing this thanks :ingo:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Cory Nash of Nash Gunwerx does. Not sure if he's taking any new work right now or not. Can't hurt to ask. He's phylodog here on INGO.

glockman23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indy
    Get a soldering iron with a sharp point and give it a try yourself. Practice on one of the kiddos toy guns or an old bb gun first. I stippled three of my glocks and my xd myself. Its a pretty awesome feeling when you do it yourself.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Ive got pic in my profile of my glock 26. Its pretty easy just take your time. harbor frieght has a nice little wood and sodder kit for like 8 bucks.

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    I would try doing it yourself, as the fellas mentioned, it's quite fun, really.

a127a203.jpg

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Definitely give it a shot. I just did my first stippling tonight myself and am going to finish this mag tomorrow before experimenting on an AR grip and then taking on my Ruger Mark II 22/45.

MagStipple.jpg

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Extra Mag base plates, Glock Mag loaders, Extra AR grips, Plastic paintball guns or hoppers... pretty much anything plastic is good to practice on.
    5129206232_5b5daa1cb9.jpg

That is my glock. If you are going to do the parts I left smooth, I suggest you sand the stock grip down a little bit and then stipple the whole grip. I don't like to go too high on the backstrap cause your hand can't slide up into it if you do, but it is all personal preference.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Why do you recommend that?
    I think it looks better if it is all stippled or only stippled over the factory outlines. A blend of stippled and factory texture looks weird to me. Your stippling looks good, no doubt about it, but the mixture of yours and the stock looks a little weird IMO. If one doesn't do a little sanding to blend the factory texture in with the smooth parts before stippling the whole grip you can still tell where the factory texture pads were at.

Just worked over a factory AR grip. I am still debating doing some of the backstrap.

005-1.jpg
    Hit it with a little 600 or higher grit sand paper now to smooth out the sharp edges and it should feel pretty good.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I think it looks better if it is all stippled or only stippled over the factory outlines. A blend of stippled and factory texture looks weird to me. Your stippling looks good, no doubt about it, but the mixture of yours and the stock looks a little weird IMO. If one doesn't do a little sanding to blend the factory texture in with the smooth parts before stippling the whole grip you can still tell where the factory texture pads were at.

Hit it with a little 600 or higher grit sand paper now to smooth out the sharp edges and it should feel pretty good.

You're right about it looking strange. It was really just something to practice on. I think I'll sand down the factory checkering a little and see if I can get a workable area. Thanks for the tip on the 600 grit.

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    Gotcha, thanks.

Like you said, it's all personal preference, the other way around looks bad to me.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Finished the grip. I still need to knock a few of the whiskers down but overall it went well. I took the Dremel to the side checkering to flatten them out and then just stippled over the outline. On the rear I just went over the factory pattern.

009-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    I also tried it myself. Found a video on Youtube and gave it a shot. I did my Bersa 380cc. Came out pretty good. Actually looked like someone who knew what they were doing did it. I think it helped me sell it for a little more at the 1500.
    Just find some plastic to practice on first.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    You all got me wanting to do this bad so I did mine today too. I even took the big jump and even did the grip reduction my self. I posted pictures in another thread as to not hijack this one. It was just too cool. Now I will be looking for another plastic gun to burn up.... :rockwoot:

Top Bottom