• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I've been simplifying my gun collection for a variety of reasons. Long story short, I've got some extra gun cash and I'm looking to re invest in something.

I was thinking either buying an AK just because imports will probably disappear, or buying a decent bolt gun for hunting in 6.5 grendel/7.62x39. Not interested in any other rifle calibers at the moment. Don't really need a shotgun.

I'm also just considering putting all of the extra cash in to ammo stock and buying up more magazines. I'm not hurting for anything, but if I can find a halfway decent deal I'd probably take it.

Might also just hold on to the cash...

So what would you do?

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Well, I think everyone should own an AK…

Unless you’re dead set on an import, PSA is building some nice rifles these days. The GF5, AK-E and AK-103 all have FN CHF CL barrels and all have nice, forged parts. Can’t beat the warranty, either.

Last edited:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Ammo/reloading components is never a bad idea in my opinion. As far as guns, I'm looking at smaller caliber bolt guns for slower/less expensive shooting. :twocents:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Can’t go wrong with an AK. They will definitely be on the hit list if the gun grab comes.

not the time to be rounding out your ammo stock unless you have A LOT of spare cash to burn.

bolt guns will always be available.

I just picked up an FAL in case they become banned.

semi-auto import rifles are a good bet. Got a VZ 58/2008? Or a Bren 2? Galil? Tavor?

shadow64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Plainfield
    I vote for ak the last time we were threatened with a assault weapons ban I asked for a ak 47 for my xmas present I had cool in-laws. I was so glad I did that because you could not find them once the ban got closer . it’s something to think about we can’t tell what puppet joe is going to do.

xxxleafybugxxx1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Indiana
    Aren't we all preparing for it? It's only prudent if you have the means and have the desire for it.

My vote for the ak. Because... well ak
    I guess I try to keep my faith in SCOTUS. and I'd really like to think that there are enough moderate dems who know that it would be terrible for the country to add seats to the court just to gain political power.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I guess I try to keep my faith in SCOTUS. and I'd really like to think that there are enough moderate dems who know that it would be terrible for the country to add seats to the court just to gain political power.
    I concur that there are hopefully enough Dem's, who're not liberals, to help offset the ridiculousness of the liberal agenda, however, keep in mind that power is the liberal goal...

When it comes to investing in a new firearm, I would recommend sticking with something in a caliber that you already have or one that you can still get??? I know of at least a few individuals who've purchased handguns in the past 90 days and now cannot find ammo for it. They didn't listen to the importance of both items and are now frustrated by their inability to have a caliber that they can find ammo for that's not $3 per round.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    hope is necessary. so is be prepared for all outcomes. I am hopeful as well.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If you want an AK, buy one. But I wouldn't consider a firearm at this point to be a solid investment if you are thinking a positive return.

I made some money on some guns I held for a very long time. I'm talking a decade +.

Last week I bought 30 shares of a stock and yesterday I sold it for a $310 profit. I have never done that with a firearm.

If I was in the mindset I was a year ago, I would buy another rifle. I'm not into AKs, but if you are then that is what I would buy. But six months ago, my mindset started to change and I sold most of my guns off and spent the proceeds on "optimizing' what I still have.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have been buying parts and tools to maintain the guns I have in case the worst happens. I feel pretty good about my ammo stock, but am always on the lookout for more. I wouldn't mind a nice AK, but am not really interested in adding another caliber as I added 10mm and .300 BLK for hunting within the last couple years. I really think the .gov will have a lot of pushback on an outright ban, but something along the lines of the '94 AWB they could probably easily push through.
    I am glad so many people are getting into guns and shooting for the first time, but it is a hard time to be doing so and it won't change for at least next 2 years, if then.

Top Bottom