• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Laughing at the ball bearings and a sling shot purchase..... Oblama got me to buy bows and arrows for the entire family, even a couple crossbows. Black powder 50 cal muzzle loaders are amazingly accurate and really not difficult to clean and maintain. Diversity is not a bad idea. Buying a new caliber, semi-auto "evil assault rifle", will be expensive in all aspects, BUT if you don't have an AK, now would be the time to get one, before Comrade Commander Sleepy Joe wakes up, and executively trys to ban the 2A!!!!

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    If you are looking for investment firearms, consider guns no longer made or imported.
    Nice Smith's, FAL's AK's HK's.
    I always wanted a nice HK 91. The Zenith clones would be a safe bet too (HK MP5).
    Ammo
    Silver
    If you're not a prepper consider becoming one. Never hurts to be well stocked on water, food and medicine.
    I think eventually the dollar will fail at some point.
    Right now our Govt. is working on destroying the dollar in favor of crypto currency. All things to consider.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    If you’re looking for a bolt gun in 7.62x39 check out the CZ 527. It’s my favorite rifle. Accurate, handles well, the trigger is excellent, and cheap to shoot (well used to be lol).
    I almost picked up one last week. The only thing I didn't like was the magazine. I've already got a few ruger mini 30 mags that I would use with the ruger american.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I decided to go a different route. I'm pretty well set with firearms and ammo. I recently upgraded our armor. So, last week I decided to pick up some night vision and got a PVS 14. "They" have already talked of banning armor, I feel like NV could be next.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If you want an AK, buy one. But I wouldn't consider a firearm at this point to be a solid investment if you are thinking a positive return.

I made some money on some guns I held for a very long time. I'm talking a decade +.

Last week I bought 30 shares of a stock and yesterday I sold it for a $310 profit. I have never done that with a firearm.

If I was in the mindset I was a year ago, I would buy another rifle. I'm not into AKs, but if you are then that is what I would buy.

But six months ago, my mindset started to change and I sold most of my guns off and spent the proceeds on "optimizing' what I still have.
    That is exactly what has been recommended to me for months now:
    - stop buying
    - shoot what you've got
    - upgrade optics, maybe triggers on existing guns.

eddiehelm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2018
    Marion
    I
    I almost picked up one last week. The only thing I didn't like was the magazine. I've already got a few ruger mini 30 mags that I would use with the ruger american.
    Makes sense, especially if it means not having to try to track down spare mags in the current market.

Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel
    If you’re looking for a bolt gun in 7.62x39 check out the CZ 527. It’s my favorite rifle. Accurate, handles well, the trigger is excellent, and cheap to shoot (well used to be lol).
    Definitely a good rifle, including handling steel case ammo. The only complaint I've seen is the limitation of a 5 round factory mag. In my opinion, it would be more popular if they made a 10 round factory option.

Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel
    I

Makes sense, especially if it means not having to try to track down spare mags in the current market.
    Spot on...the market for Mini-14 and even Mini 30 factory mags is ridiculous right now. Auctions on GB have recently sold 2-packs of factory .223 mini's 10 rounders for $160!!! Hard to imagine people spending $80 for a 10rd Mini 14 factory mag, but it is what it is. Some say the Promag version is OK, but some don't trust them.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    wait thats a thing!?!? I didn't know they were interchangable! I guess I know what my next firearm purchase is going to be. Thanks for the info

Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel
    wait thats a thing!?!? I didn't know they were interchangable! I guess I know what my next firearm purchase is going to be. Thanks for the info
    Yes, the Ruger American 7.62x39 uses Mini-30 mags. The 223 version has a couple of mag options including one that uses standard pmags (a lot cheaper than any factory mini mags)

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Yes, the Ruger American 7.62x39 uses Mini-30 mags. The 223 version has a couple of mag options including one that uses standard pmags (a lot cheaper than any factory mini mags)
    I was excited as i have a mini-30 and loads of 762x39. Ive been hankering for a bolt action in x39. I figured this just made my mind up, until i checked out the prices...... I forgot about pandemic pricing. lmao

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I was excited as i have a mini-30 and loads of 762x39. Ive been hankering for a bolt action in x39. I figured this just made my mind up, until i checked out the prices...... I forgot about pandemic pricing. lmao
    Yeah for some reason the American in that caliber is like $1,000 everywhere. I have no idea.
    Guess I should have picked one up a year ago.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I've been simplifying my gun collection for a variety of reasons. Long story short, I've got some extra gun cash and I'm looking to re invest in something.

I was thinking either buying an AK just because imports will probably disappear, or buying a decent bolt gun for hunting in 6.5 grendel/7.62x39. Not interested in any other rifle calibers at the moment. Don't really need a shotgun.

I'm also just considering putting all of the extra cash in to ammo stock and buying up more magazines. I'm not hurting for anything, but if I can find a halfway decent deal I'd probably take it.

Might also just hold on to the cash...

So what would you do?

Good luck.
    You're welcome.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    What does a basic russian AK sell for these days? I feel like AK47's have become goldmines. Could get a cheap one for $300 12 years ago.

Top Bottom