• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You can still get into a current Zastava AK for $1k or so, if you can catch them in stock. Ridiculous for an AK but they're still available and aren't trash.

Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel
    If you're considering a bolt-action 7.62, then be prepared for a little sticker shock. Simple Ruger American ranch bolt-actions (7.62) are fetching over a grand in some GB auctions. Unreal!

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    If you're considering a bolt-action 7.62, then be prepared for a little sticker shock. Simple Ruger American ranch bolt-actions (7.62) are fetching over a grand in some GB auctions. Unreal!
    Gunbroker is awful
    Somehow all the sharks AND the desperate buyers end up there together. I let them be.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    crystal-ball-gif-10.gif

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    So, A pellet gun is the only thing that fits that bill. LOL
    Laugh if you will but I did buy a airsoft pistol replica of a 1911 due to concerns over replacing ammo. I can still get the BB's and CO2 cartridges cheap and shoot in the garage which was rather nice yesterday given the temps. It's no center fire but it is a lot of fun and satisfies the inch to pull a trigger. The only downside so far is those damn plastic BB's rolling around on the floor if they don't stay in the target.

bcsatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Farmland
    I sold my AR in 2011, never looked back. Bought my WASR in 2013, stocked up on 7.62x39, which you can still find, best move I made. I'd say one or the other really, AR or AK, one of these bans is going to stick at some point, too many uninformed, soft palmed, clueless crybabies running the show and will continue to do so in the foreseeable future.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Well if you find a decent 7.62X39 bolt in person and don't want it or they have more than one, let me know. Been looking for new on the net at retailers and they just don't seem to be out there.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    but if I can find a halfway decent deal I'd probably take it.

This line is exactly why I'd say don't buy anything right now unless you feel that you need it. Once the dust settles, a 7.62x39mm rifle would be a fine piece to own because you used to be able to get the ammo so dirt cheap for plinking. If you're looking to get fancy with the ammo it gets expensive quick for quality brass cased ammo.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    FWIW, Zastava USA's ZPAPM70 is probably the best AK bang for your buck right now - factory imported rifle from a legendary arsenal; basically an improved OPAP with a hammer forged chrome lined barrel and better overall quality control. Still regularly in stock, although it doesn't stay in stock long (retailer/gun.deals back-in-stock emails are your friend). Still regularly affordable, and I think ~$1,000 for an awesome Serbian tank of a gun in a COVID/Sloppy Joe world is more than fair.

If you want an AK right now and prefer to buy new, this is hands down the one I'd suggest above everything else.

Pfcmaurx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Jeffersonville
    I've been simplifying my gun collection for a variety of reasons. Long story short, I've got some extra gun cash and I'm looking to re invest in something.

I was thinking either buying an AK just because imports will probably disappear, or buying a decent bolt gun for hunting in 6.5 grendel/7.62x39. Not interested in any other rifle calibers at the moment. Don't really need a shotgun.

I'm also just considering putting all of the extra cash in to ammo stock and buying up more magazines. I'm not hurting for anything, but if I can find a halfway decent deal I'd probably take it.

Might also just hold on to the cash...

So what would you do?
    If you do t have a bolt gun I’d buy one of those. If you do I’d buy ammo.

DEAIV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Southwest Indy
    I've been simplifying my gun collection for a variety of reasons. Long story short, I've got some extra gun cash and I'm looking to re invest in something.

I was thinking either buying an AK just because imports will probably disappear, or buying a decent bolt gun for hunting in 6.5 grendel/7.62x39. Not interested in any other rifle calibers at the moment. Don't really need a shotgun.

I'm also just considering putting all of the extra cash in to ammo stock and buying up more magazines. I'm not hurting for anything, but if I can find a halfway decent deal I'd probably take it.

Might also just hold on to the cash...

So what would you do?
    There’s a Bulgarian, possibly Romanian, AK in classifieds right now. Asking 1000 but I feel like he’d take less(just a hunch lol).

eddiehelm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2018
    Marion
    If you’re looking for a bolt gun in 7.62x39 check out the CZ 527. It’s my favorite rifle. Accurate, handles well, the trigger is excellent, and cheap to shoot (well used to be lol).

Top Bottom