• ...and so much more!
  • OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I liked mine, but my thumb kept hitting the mag release.
    Didn't matter at the range, but couldn't use if for CC.
    I even changed out the grips, but same issue.

I even had a 938-.22LR caliber that was accurate & fun for its small size, but same issue.
    I have a short enough thumb. I started collecting the p938, but never came across the .22LR cheap enough for me.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    LE trade-ins. Probably not shot a ton, likely armorer maintained. Highly unlikely to have stupid cool kidz mods that hamper reliability/safety.

I'd like to find a used gen5 G17 for $400 but every individual that has one for sale thinks they need to add a $150 surcharge for not filling out a 4473

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    LE trade-ins. Probably not shot a ton, likely armorer maintained. Highly unlikely to have stupid cool kidz mods that hamper reliability/safety.

Also:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Also:

Just don't buy the blue trainer Glocks. I don't think you can use real ammunition in it only the sim rounds IIRC.
    Also if you wait for free shipping day at Rcoil that will save a few bucks. Usually once a week.

Here is aimsurplus.com selection
    A bunch of in-stock trade ins. ^

LE TRADE-IN SIG SAUER P320 CARRY SIZE 9MM PISTOL
    Only one 17rd magazine
    $350

1696720484028.png

Last edited:

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus

These have been in stock 2x in the past month. If you are looking for a deal I find g17 is much easier to find than a 19.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    S&W Model 10

Lost round count of flawless operation in the 10’s of thousands.

Finish worn off.

Still works flawlessly.

.38 158 Gr Lead SWC

As I am still alive, it has done everything I’ve needed to stay that way.

And the brass has stayed with me.

Over and Out
    You got a link to those model 10s for under $400?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I'll add my vote for the Taurus G2C. I've got 2 of them, one has over 1000 rounds with just about any cheap ammo I could find. Had a couple of ammo related failures but the gun and mags have been flawless. The other has about 300 rounds and has been perfect. As I said, practice ammo is anything I can get on sale, carry ammo is HST 124 gr. Did put high vis sights on them but otherwise stock.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia

$300 Shield Plus 30 SC 16+1
    You got a link to those model 10s for under $400?

Sharp buyer might be able to get this one close to $400. When I go to the sky range many of mine will go on the auction block for pennys on the dollar, so there is always that.

I guess the $150 Model 10’s have dried up. Must be a reason. I just sold an unfired 64 in the box for less than $400

As far as $400 for a new gun….What’s a life worth?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Sharp buyer might be able to get this one close to $400. When I go to the sky range many of mine will go on the auction block for pennys on the dollar, so there is always that.

I guess the $150 Model 10’s have dried up. Must be a reason.

As far as $400 for a new gun….What’s a life worth?
    What's eating worth? Paying utility bills etc? Many people have to live like that especially now with everything 2x higher than it was under Trump.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    What's eating worth? Paying utility bills etc? Many people have to live like that especially now with everything 2x higher than it was under Trump.
    I respect the folks that like me have had to struggle early in life, and also the people who are mature and without in these trying times. But the OP stated reliability as a strong factor and I have not found many guns as reliable as a S&W revolver.

As far as cost, perhaps voting correctly is the best thing we can do to help the struggling.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I picked up my CZ P-07 (barely) used for $375 and they can be found new for as low as $450. I have about 500 rounds through it without any issues. I run various brands of 124hr fmj and speer gold dot 124gr +p JHP. They are very reliable and one of honest outlaws favorite carry pistols. Easy to shoot, has a rail so you can run a light if needed. Lots of accessories available if you want to customize.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    While this doesn't meet your round count I don't believe a revolver needs that to be considered reliable.
    I've got a couple of older (nickle finish) Taurus 85's in .38 special, from the early 1990's, and they are completely reliable and accurate too!
    I believe I picked them both up for under $300 each?
    They'll handle 158 grain, standard-pressure, .38 special rounds, very well, which will get you more than adequate penetration depth.
    They're a tad heavy for pocket carry, but they take a variety of grips making them an option for people with different sized hands.
    I carried one at work a few years ago, for several years, until I discovered the S&W J-Frame Air-Weight (Scandium) revolvers.
    A S&W 360J took it's place, mainly because I could install a tritium front sight on it, for low / no light shooting situations, but the difference in weight (Scandium is lighter than steel) was a factor as well!
    Nuthin' wrong with a good .38 special revolver, or .357 magnum as well, if one is okay with the recoil from such a light-weight revolver?

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    You got a link to those model 10s for under $400?not anymore. Actually I picked ups a police trade (with no cylnder rind) model 10 from Aim surplus back in early 2020 for 399.

Not anymore. However shortly after the 10’smjunped up to over 400. The 64’s were around 429 and jumped up to around 450.

Think unles it’s a special the 399 and under days are gone

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    S&W Model 10

Lost round count of flawless operation in the 10’s of thousands.

Finish worn off.

Still works flawlessly.

.38 158 Gr Lead SWC

As I am still alive, it has done everything I’ve needed to stay that way.

And the brass has stayed with me.

Over and Out
    I would have enjoyed a pic of a well-worn used gun! :thumbsup:
    I had an old worn police gun, don't remember model, that I bought at a police auction 40 yrs ago here in Indy.
    It was still accurate.
    I ended up selling it to a friend for $10.
    30 yrs later he sold it when he lived out West for $400. :crying::nono::ugh:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I respect the folks that like me have had to struggle early in life, and also the people who are mature and without in these trying times. But the OP stated reliability as a strong factor and I have not found many guns as reliable as a S&W revolver.

As far as cost, perhaps voting correctly is the best thing we can do to help the struggling.

Shield Plus and CZ P10C are highly reliable guns and under $400. I carried the P10C for years and have multiple thousands of rounds through it and have taken a few classes with it and never had reliability issues. You absolutely can find guns under $400 that you can trust your life with. Not everyone is stuck on having to have a revolver.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Shield Plus and CZ P10C are highly reliable guns and under $400. I carried the P10C for years and have multiple thousands of rounds through it and have taken a few classes with it and never had reliability issues. You absolutely can find guns under $400 that you can trust your life with. Not everyone is stuck on having to have a revolver.
    You’re right. A revolver is just another choice in a sea of guns. They do offer retaining your brass, a great club incase perp bumps his head on it, not ammo dependent, double strike capability, fun to master, and also has character.

I’m glad you like your P10C.

Top Bottom