What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Anyone watched the new Joe Pickett series on Paramount+ yet?
    Honestly I am a little afraid to. I really like the novels, read all but the most recent 2-3, and have a firm idea of the character in my head. Based on the preview they took a little different tack.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Honestly I am a little afraid to. I really like the novels, read all but the most recent 2-3, and have a firm idea of the character in my head. Based on the preview they took a little different tack.
    That's kind of where I'm at as well. The Longmire and Bosch adaptations set the bar pretty high and from what I've seen of the preview, I'm not optimistic that this JP series will match them.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Watching Under The Banner Of Heaven on FX/Hulu. The series is by Jason Bateman, Ron Howard and Brian Grazer. So far its very good, I recommend.

Just into episode 4. Some language, and a quick scene with boobies so far.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    It's definitely an adaptation. And it's got a Hollywood-woke version of Wyoming that I doubt you'd see in reality. But it's still entertaining.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    How is it so far?
    So far, it's good. Not just a filming of a book, but overall not bad. Couple of things I don't like - Joe Pickett looks kind of goofy in his hat. He carries a scoped .22 as his saddle rifle and back-up. His wife is a lawyer, not a librarian. Blacks as Nate Romanovsky and Verne? Yeah, no. That's just Hollyweird

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    For All Mankind is back for Season 3 on Apple+ (aka on the high seas) and is looking great so far.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Wife and I got caught up on Bosch Legacy so we started Lincoln Lawyer. Midway through episode 3 the wife taps out. She said she didn't care for any of the characters and the plot was pretty lame. I agreed. After watching Goliath with Billy Bob I think we are spoiled.
    So started Outer Range. After one episode we're all in. :rockwoot:
    I guess Outer Range will need another season. Really enjoyed it and ran though the episodes when available. Halfway though Goliath season 4 and it is great, I agree I'll be spoiled. I liked Billy Bob since Slingblade and need to find the rest of his movies. His Fargo character was wild too. I will have to go back and watch season 3 of Goliath as I'd skipped it somehow.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Tried watching Rain on Amazon

A film about a war dog in Vietnam

When they flew into the bush on a couple of jet rangers instead of Hueys I gave it a pass

Then the soldiers are carrying
    A-two model ar 15s and I grit my teeth a little when I see the
    officer is carrying a M1 Thompson but it has a 16 inch barrel

The last straw was one of the platoon riflemen carrying a Hi Point carbine with an optic

I had to turn it off

Sometimes ignorance is bliss

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

When they flew into the bush on a couple of jet rangers instead of Hueys I gave it a pass

The last straw was one of the platoon riflemen carrying a Hi Point carbine with an optic

I had to turn it off

You talked me into watching it. A Hi Point carbine in a movie, I got to see this.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    For All Mankind is back for Season 3 on Apple+ (aka on the high seas) and is looking great so far.
    I started Season 1 yesterday. Seems like a good cast, and definitely had me guessing what was next... One episode in and I think I'll stick with it.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

I had to turn it off

Holy cow. They didn't even try to hide it in the background. You turned it off to early, it was actually the sniper rifle that saved the day. :lmfao:

A Beretta 92 even made an appearance.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom