What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Tried my first DE undergrown shade the other day, really enjoyed it. The perdomo petite coronas with Cameroon wrapper too, limited release but not too pricey. Delicious.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Morning cigar was a Rocky Patel Edge cask aged Black.

exa-pm-1000_art.png

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Not being hateful but exactly what is a full flavored cigar? Are the leaves soaked in something?
    No. It is just a stronger tobacco flavor. Think Budweiser vs Bud Light. Or if you ever smoked cigarettes, Reds vs Lights.

Usually, the lighter the wrapper or outer part of the cigar, the milder the flavor. The darker, the stronger or full flavored it is.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    No. It is just a stronger tobacco flavor. Think Budweiser vs Bud Light. Or if you ever smoked cigarettes, Reds vs Lights.

Usually, the lighter the wrapper or outer part of the cigar, the milder the flavor. The darker, the stronger or full flavored it is.
    Obviously I am kind of ignorant about cigars, never smoked, not anti just never have done it.

So the flavor comes from the tobacco being in your mouth not necessarily from the smoke?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Obviously I am kind of ignorant about cigars, never smoked, not anti just never have done it.

So the flavor comes from the tobacco being in your mouth not necessarily from the smoke?
    Mostly the smoke. I take a puff, let it settle in my mouth for a second or two, then blow it out. You get some flavor from the cigar on your lips, (especially if it has what's called a "sweet cap" or something like that) but mostly from the smoke itself.

The flavor of the cigar can change the further down you smoke it. Most of the time it gets a bit stronger or "earthier" or "woodsier" or spicier. But every cigar is different.

They do make flavored and infused cigars too. Two of may favorites are a coffee infused one and a "chocolate mint" flavored one.

The world of cigars is just as expansive as many other things like bourbon, whiskey, beer, sammichs', pizza, bbq, etc. So many different choices. Some you'll like, some you won't. That's the fun of it. At least to me.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Morning cigar was a Rocky Patel Edge cask aged Black.

exa-pm-1000_art.png
    Well I got my order this week and have one lit right now.

Pretty dang good. Probably should have let the stay in the humidor a bit as it's blowing up and splitting about 1/3 of the way down.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Had a man o war last night while playing settlers of Catan with some friends.

Last weekend had a padron on my first voyage out with my new sail boat.

I enjoyed it but dad complained of the smell lol

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Today, in addition to smoking a full packer, enjoying an LFD 700 Maduro....while the packer rests in a cooler for a couple of hours.

Top Bottom