What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    The weather is getting nicer.

Do we want to try for an ingoer cigar night at a cigar establishment again?

I'd say any day the week of the 26th.

I'm down for just about any place

LostHoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2016
    Noblesville
    Cigar night sounds great

Lately Ive been smoking CAO flavors cigarillos. Handy when I dont have the time or dont want to take the time to smoke a full sized cigar. Also fairly cost effective.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Cigar night sounds great

Lately Ive been smoking CAO flavors cigarillos. Handy when I dont have the time or dont want to take the time to smoke a full sized cigar. Also fairly cost effective.
    I've had those before. I think maybe it was called moon shot or trace. Blue band. Not a bad smoke.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    What do y'all think about Nicki blaine's on the evening of the 30th or the 29th to avoid the weekend crowd?

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Just has some friends tell me they want to get together on Fri so how about we all meet up on Thursday?

Any takers? Say 6:30-7pm?

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Had a monte Cristo last night.
    Always a fine smoke. Not sure why I don't smoke them more often.

Last week some friends and I went to blend in castleton. Can't say I was impressed. It was a bit too swanky for me and they only had davidoff cigars. And the selection wasn't all that great. I have more variety in my cabinet humidor than they do in their walk in.

Now I know it's called "blend by davidoff"
    So I should expect to see their brand in the humidor. However "burn by rockey petal" downtown has rockey cigars but also padron and I think kristoff. The point being they have many of the heavy hitters not just their own.

My fav so far is Nicki blaine's, burn is pretty alright, and I don't need to go back to blend. Just wasn't my scene.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Just has some friends tell me they want to get together on Fri so how about we all meet up on Thursday?

Any takers? Say 6:30-7pm?
    I would like too but work and life in general has had me pretty much sidelined at the moment. Having to just enjoy my few sticks a week on the deck.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Had a monte Cristo last night.
    Always a fine smoke. Not sure why I don't smoke them more often.

Last week some friends and I went to blend in castleton. Can't say I was impressed. It was a bit too swanky for me and they only had davidoff cigars. And the selection wasn't all that great. I have more variety in my cabinet humidor than they do in their walk in.

Now I know it's called "blend by davidoff"
    So I should expect to see their brand in the humidor. However "burn by rockey petal" downtown has rockey cigars but also padron and I think kristoff. The point being they have many of the heavy hitters not just their own.

My fav so far is Nicki blaine's, burn is pretty alright, and I don't need to go back to blend. Just wasn't my scene.
    Yea I'm not much for those types of cigar bars. They over priced food, drinks, sometimes cigars too. I did want to try Havana but haven't gotten around to it. But I suspect it is way overpriced and uppity for my taste. Nicky blaines is cool atmosphere if I feel like dressing it up a bit and going out. Just wish it wasn't downtown.

Hassiebawked

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 18, 2019
    South Central Indiana
    I found a pretty good deal on Holt’s Cigars website. It’s called their Mystery Bag. 10 cigars for $24.95. I’ve ordered several times. You get good sticks. I’ve gotten Camacho, Davidoff, My Father, Punch, CAO etc. Excellent value and it’s kinda fun not knowing what’s coming. I just had 110 cigars show up today (11 Mystery bags). Very pleased. Go check them out. Just type the word MYSTERY in the search box. A lot of times they are sold out but they have some right now. Hope this helps someone.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I've been stocking up all winter and gotten to smoke some the last couple weeks.

Still loving the Olive MB3s, and been enjoying Perdomo Champagne and DE Nasty Fritas lately.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Had a heart sinking Discovery last week.
    Opened a drawer pulled out a monte Cristo.

Walked out to the sun porch, punched it then set to light it. And I noticed something we all work hard to avoid.

Small beginnings of mold. I went back to the humidor. Checked the drawer. 5 monties all with mold on the tip.

I inspected them all and the drawers near them. I think it was just those. I have been checking in on them all since to ensure it didn't spread.

It wasn't easy pitching those 6 amazing cigars. I guess that give me a reason. To buy another box to replace them

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Had a heart sinking Discovery last week.
    Opened a drawer pulled out a monte Cristo.

Walked out to the sun porch, punched it then set to light it. And I noticed something we all work hard to avoid.

Small beginnings of mold. I went back to the humidor. Checked the drawer. 5 monties all with mold on the tip.

I inspected them all and the drawers near them. I think it was just those. I have been checking in on them all since to ensure it didn't spread.

It wasn't easy pitching those 6 amazing cigars. I guess that give me a reason. To buy another box to replace them
    Whats ur humidity and temp showing? Sucks you had to lose those cigars.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Whats ur humidity and temp showing? Sucks you had to lose those cigars.
    The humidor typically lives around 70/70.

I had a few get over humid bc they were closest to the humidifier. So I had to shuffle some things around and lower the humidity to try and get it all to level out

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    The humidor typically lives around 70/70.

I had a few get over humid bc they were closest to the humidifier. So I had to shuffle some things around and lower the humidity to try and get it all to level out
    65 RH and sub 70 deg Temps, you will never turn back! No mold, better flavor, more even burns, no relights.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I had a beetle outbreak in my humidor last month. Started getting that popping sound a couple times on every cigar. I moved what was left into my small cheap humidor and wiped the big one out with damp paper towel. Refilled it then with new cigars. So far no recurrence in it.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    65 RH and sub 70 deg Temps, you will never turn back! No mold, better flavor, more even burns, no relights.
    Yea, um just working to get it be a bit more consistent. Top is low bottom is high.

Might add a couple humi pa ks in the top to try and get it even

Top Bottom