What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    That's... awfully...uh..veiny.
    Lol.
    What is try that?

Tonight's quick smoke is a man o war.

Tomorrow, I'm hitting the cigar bar down town. My gf and I get to meet a gentleman our friend is seeing. Apparently he's been a marketing guy for (I believe) drew estate for the last 20 years. Should prove to be an educational evening.

RP 700 Maduro.

Hitting Burn by RP?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    We are not. I do like that place, but I just don't dig the loud club like atmosphere.

I much prefer to mellow atmosphere of nicki blaine's.

I've only been at Burn in the late afternoon, so I have never seen the "club" thing....that would be a no go.

Blaine's is laid back.....still miss the old one on the other side of the street though.

Enjoy!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I've only been at Burn in the late afternoon, so I have never seen the "club" thing....that would be a no go.

Blaine's is laid back.....still miss the old one on the other side of the street though.

Enjoy!
    I went on a Friday night.
    It was dance music and tarted up wait staff.

My pal went to college with the former lead manager. So we hung out in vip and enjoyed a few other perks.

They closed and hung for a almost 2 hours with the some of the staff. After close they put on real music and if was an everyone sing along vibe. Much better. We told the manager guy that should be the normal vibe. But apparently the owner wants a club vibe.

I'll go smoke in stinky nice nb.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    This afternoon I had a Viva La Vida Lancero... I forget exactly what one it was... I got in last months subscription box. Was a good stick and I enjoyed the Lancero as that is not typically a vitola I buy.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    That's... awfully...uh..veiny.
    Lol.
    What is try that?

Tonight's quick smoke is a man o war.

Tomorrow, I'm hitting the cigar bar down town. My gf and I get to meet a gentleman our friend is seeing. Apparently he's been a marketing guy for (I believe) drew estate for the last 20 years. Should prove to be an educational evening.
    Tell him to come with a box of T52s and T9s or he will not receive the "friends bf approval"

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I know some of us have a drink (coffee, alcohol etc) with our cigars. I like coffee as I think it adds to the flavor. My Father-in-law will eat a Hershey's bar little by little as he smokes as a flavor adder/pallet "smoother -outer" (his words).

Do you have something different that you have with a cigar, even every now and then? I have some good black licorice at home I think I want to try.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So I'm currently having a MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured with a cup of Crio-Bru ( just like coffee but it uses the cocoa beans instead of a coffee bean) and a few small pieces of black licorice.

After getting the cigar going good, I have a drink and then have a nice draw. Seems to smooth it out a bit. A few more draws then I have a piece of licorice. Not bad at all.

Now I can't say it makes the cigar any "better," but maybe just adds some variation. I can enjoy the cigar without having any extras, as I do most of the time. But the variety is nice from time to time.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I know some of us have a drink (coffee, alcohol etc) with our cigars. I like coffee as I think it adds to the flavor. My Father-in-law will eat a Hershey's bar little by little as he smokes as a flavor adder/pallet "smoother -outer" (his words).

Do you have something different that you have with a cigar, even every now and then? I have some good black licorice at home I think I want to try.
    I love fresh squeezed lemonade with a cigar. It cleans the pallet real well with the acidity and helps it have the flavors in my opinion. Of course coffee is great with it. Cream soda matches well too.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    IMG_20210412_180032965.jpg

Tonights smoke.

With a cigar most time in enjoy organic black tea, ash and elm cider, or clan denny scotch.

Tonights pairing is ash and elm.

When did you start smoking cigars?

For me my sister had a pack of el cheapo cigars at our 4th of july family bbq.

I was 18 and had never smoked anything before.

My sis didn't know what to do with it. So I grabbed her cigar. Bit the end off and lit it at a tiki torch.

Took a few puffs and decided it was now my cigar. I started one for her. She puffed it for 2 min and tossed it. I finished mine and talked to my mom about what her dad smoked. She said he always had a swisher sweet hanging from his mouth.

So it began. I kept swishers around and smoked basic gas station trash for a while. Some time later a friend turned me on to real cigars and rest is history.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    View attachment 135357

Tonights smoke.

With a cigar most time in enjoy organic black tea, ash and elm cider, or clan denny scotch.

Tonights pairing is ash and elm.

When did you start smoking cigars?

For me my sister had a pack of el cheapo cigars at our 4th of july family bbq.

I was 18 and had never smoked anything before.

My sis didn't know what to do with it. So I grabbed her cigar. Bit the end off and lit it at a tiki torch.

Took a few puffs and decided it was now my cigar. I started one for her. She puffed it for 2 min and tossed it. I finished mine and talked to my mom about what her dad smoked. She said he always had a swisher sweet hanging from his mouth.

So it began. I kept swishers around and smoked basic gas station trash for a while. Some time later a friend turned me on to real cigars and rest is history.
    So what did you think of this cigar???

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I started smoking cigars on my honeymoon. (I was 22.) We took off to the beach and we drove past a cigar shop on the way in. I had always wanted to have a real cigar so I went in and get one. I love it. Went back the next day and go one for every day that remained on my trip. Enjoyed one every night out on the balcony as I listen ed to the waves crash. Will never forget it! #

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    So what did you think of this cigar???
    It was really enjoyable.

I wanted to increase the air flow towards the end, but got distracted by forged in fire and ruined the air flow.

But it was near the end so it was ok.

So lesson learned about paying attention.

I glad I have several moore in the Humidor. I'll be sure to keep this one in the normal rotation.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I started about 2010/my early 30's. My FIL and I were traveling and we stopped into the Cigars International store in PA. On a whim, I bought a R&J Viejo and smoked it there. It was really good.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    It was a good smoke, medium bodied woodsy flavor throughout kinda sweet with a little pepper on the tongue in the beginning. Draw was tight but opened up after the first 1/2" burnt nice and even no touch ups required.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    IMG_20210415_180640233.jpg

Tonight's smoke.

Second I've had of these.

They tend to burn a little odd. But smoke pretty well.

Nice flavor. Kinda hard to describe. Very smooth with just a slight bite on the back of the tongue. Maybe a leather type taste. Hard to put a word to it.

I'd say it's earned it's drawer in my Humidor and I'll prob keep them around.

I think it would be a good smoke for a beginner or a seasoned vet wanting a light smoke it easy daily driver.

Top Bottom