• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Not even other police are safe from the police……
    Had the officers let him go immediately upon verifying his ID we’d be hearing about how professional courtesy is ******** and cops get away with everything.

Don’t worry. You’re gonna get the police officers you want. I, for one, can’t wait to hear the wailing once that happens.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Had the officers let him go immediately upon verifying his ID we’d be hearing about how professional courtesy is ******** and cops get away with everything.
    well I’m glad we are all on the same page here.

:):

I mean outside of being an alphabet boy what did he do wrong that warranted pulling a gun out on first contact? Seems a little overblown.

Not that I’m sticking up for the feds here.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I mean outside of being an alphabet boy what did he do wrong that warranted pulling a gun out on first contact? Seems a little overblown.

I thought we were the ones advising people to argue in court, not at the scene of the arrest

Maybe he should have just shown his hands and not acted like being a fed lets him do whatever he wants

How much you want to bet he was open carrying and when the officer saw that, and not knowing what he had, that is when and why he drew

I wasn't aware it was BATFE's job to serve search warrants or confiscate weapons, but I certainly would like to see them have to take the point all the time

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

I don't know, I wasn't there. It's really a rewarding way to look at things, you should try it.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    If uniformed officers had approached me and told me to “show my hands,” I would have done that. Plenty of time later to show ID and explain what I’m doing. I’m not saying one side or the other was wrong, just that it all could have been avoided.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If uniformed officers had approached me and told me to “show my hands,” I would have done that. Plenty of time later to show ID and explain what I’m doing. I’m not saying one side or the other was wrong, just that it all could have been avoided.
    As could have 99.9% of the "bad" outcomes when dealing with police officers. Unfortunately, those who require chinstraps on their ball caps aren't capable of understanding that simple idea, or at least admitting that they do.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Why ACAB?

I don't know, maybe because people find joy, and the feeling of sanctimonious superiority, in the simple (minded) pleasure of lumping entire groups into single categories... based on the behavior of a few... normally because of widely publicized stereotypes, to push an agenda?

You know, like how...
    1. All white people are racists
    2. All black people are either criminals, or poor oppressed victims. (or are criminals BECAUSE they were poor oppressed victims)
    3. All Hispanic people came here illegally.
    4. All Asians are smart as hell.
    5. All gun owners are dangerous.
    6. All democrats are stupid idiots.

Uh, wait a minute. That last one may have some validity.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    giphy.gif

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Which video are you watching?

No idea what the ATF agent did on the first "show me your hands" as a truck is in the way from the badge cam.... but less than a second later, his hands are in the air before the cops says "show me your hands now, I need to see some ID, get on the ground now!" in one continuous stream while drawing on a man holding his hands up.

Please articulate why drawing on, at that point, a compliant subject is warranted. At this point, a dude knocking on a door with obvious papers in his hands with his hands up.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    1:54-1:55 "Hey, turn around and let me see your hands."

1:56-1:57 "Hey, let me see your hands"

1:57-1:59 "I'm a federal agent" - HANDS CLEARLY UP AND IN SIGHT @ 1:57 when truck no longer obstructs view

1:59 -2:01 "Ok, I need to see you hands, I need to see ID" while drawing on him with his hands clearly in the air.

After that, it's basically two monkey's throwing scat at each other. They've each put a line in the sand.

Fed agent or not, an officer pointing a gun at me and commanding me to the ground... I get on the ground. IMO, ATF guy is too much of a ******* to be a federal agent of any kind, even the low bar for ATF.

BUT, I also don't think the Columbus cop has what it takes to be a cop.

911 call of a guy knocking on the door that the caller says is impersonating a police officer. 5-6 seconds to gun on a guy with his hands in the air, papers plainly in one hand... nope, that cowboy doesn't need to be a cop. These are the scenarios where someone just turning around with a cellphone in the their hands gets gunned down for no good reason.

I'm sorry, but if that scenario make someone **** their pants to the point of pulling and pointing on someone... not cop material, IMO. Pointing a gun at someone while screaming "SHOW ME ID"... nope, not cop material.

After 2:01 on the video, pox on both, lol!

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Which video are you watching?

No idea what the ATF agent did on the first "show me your hands" as a truck is in the way from the badge cam.... but less than a second later, his hands are in the air before the cops says "show me your hands now, I need to see some ID, get on the ground now!" in one continuous stream while drawing on a man holding his hands up.

Please articulate why drawing on, at that point, a compliant subject is warranted. At this point, a dude knocking on a door with obvious papers in his hands with his hands up.
    You seem upset. I didn’t say anybody was or wasn’t justified in doing anything. I said Mr. ATF should have calmly followed instructions until it was sorted out. Especially if the responding officer seemed a little hyped up.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    You seem upset. I didn’t say anybody was or wasn’t justified in doing anything. I said Mr. ATF should have calmly followed instructions until it was sorted out. Especially if the responding officer seemed a little hyped up.

Yes, best to follow legal commands and sort it out when things are calmed down. I agree with that.

I do think that both the officer and the ATF agent demonstrated why neither of them should have a badge and a gun.

Top Bottom