SW side of Indy

Who would have ever guessed?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Some here aren't going to be happy with those studies.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

There’s no money in that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ahem... (clears throat)

And as a reminder:

Zero mandates
    Zero testing
    Zero passports
    Zero apartheid

100% liberty.

Nothing else. You cannot comply your way out of authoritarianism.
    I know a lot of people who have hardly been affected by all the mandates and overreach, the ones who have lost no income, can work from home and pretty much live a comfortable life. I know damn well they can read between the lines on this, but it is like they don't want anyone to rock the boat. I think they're afraid any change will actually make their situation worse

I think they actually think that at some point their overlords will be satisfied and no further demands will be forthcoming if they can just hang on long enough. They are controlled by their fear of being worse off, concern for the people who are not so lucky never seems to enter their minds (as long as someone still is available to deliver their DoorDash)

I think of Yuri Bezmanov's video where he says people won't believe it is happening until the boot is on their neck, that those who support it believe they will be the ones in power although that will never be allowed to happen and I see that there are many ways we can end up ****ed if we're not careful

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    IS THIS CRAZY......? A hospital has a worker, the worker and spouse both have covid, tested positive and are sick....however the hospital she works at says she can come back to work with positive covid because.....she has been vaccinated. So I guess if you have covid but have been vaccinated you can't give it to anyone now.....? Brilliant, I have never seen our society so screwed up in the head in all my 60 years of living. I'm just watching people from all walks of life going insane.
    Making it up on the fly

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I think of Yuri Bezmanov's video where he says people won't believe it is happening until the boot is on their neck, that those who support it believe they will be the ones in power although that will never be allowed to happen and I see that there are many ways we can end up ****ed if we're not careful
    ^^^ Truer words have been seldom spoken.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    IS THIS CRAZY......? A hospital has a worker, the worker and spouse both have covid, tested positive and are sick....however the hospital she works at says she can come back to work with positive covid because.....she has been vaccinated. So I guess if you have covid but have been vaccinated you can't give it to anyone now.....? Brilliant, I have never seen our society so screwed up in the head in all my 60 years of living. I'm just watching people from all walks of life going insane.
    Some animals are more equal than others...

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I know a lot of people who have hardly been affected by all the mandates and overreach
    I guess you could count me amongst this group, although I am vehemently against mandates, passports and everything covid related. I have not gotten vaccinated, not missed any work (in office) in the entire last two years except for planned time off, and work for a very small company not mandating anything for me (at present). I am prepared for the possible eventuality that I may be fired over this, but seeing some of the things I've seen do not have any gumption to get the shot.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I guess you could count me amongst this group, although I am vehemently against mandates, passports and everything covid related. I have not gotten vaccinated, not missed any work (in office) in the entire last two years except for planned time off, and work for a very small company not mandating anything for me (at present). I am prepared for the possible eventuality that I may be fired over this, but seeing some of the things I've seen do not have any gumption to get the shot.
    I am speaking more toward the people who deny the evidence that is in front of them that something is clearly very rotten about the situation we find ourselves in. They seem afraid to criticize any aspect of that situation and are always trying to convince people their fears are overblown and we should do nothing to confront TPTB or attempt to petition for redress. It seems they want to cling to the status quo long past the time when that seems a rational response

I am not aware of you exhibiting such tendencies and did not try to single you out. Being lucky enough to have taken no significant harm so far is not what is being called out. What is being called out is pretending they see nothing wrong about our collective situation

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    vJRjLmj.jpeg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Those have both been discussed on INGO, so not all that new. The one study doesn't really say that there's no benefit for people who had covid to be vaccinated. It said there's no benefit to having the second shot. The study showed that getting the first shot after having COVID increases antibodies. But there wasn't any statistically significant increase after having the second shot.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I know a lot of people who have hardly been affected by all the mandates and overreach, the ones who have lost no income, can work from home and pretty much live a comfortable life. I know damn well they can read between the lines on this, but it is like they don't want anyone to rock the boat. I think they're afraid any change will actually make their situation worse

I think they actually think that at some point their overlords will be satisfied and no further demands will be forthcoming if they can just hang on long enough. They are controlled by their fear of being worse off, concern for the people who are not so lucky never seems to enter their minds (as long as someone still is available to deliver their DoorDash)

The mandates affect people who work from home too. For both OSHA and the federal mandate, it applies to employees regardless of where they work.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Those have both been discussed on INGO, so not all that new. The one study doesn't really say that there's no benefit for people who had covid to be vaccinated. It said there's no benefit to having the second shot. The study showed that getting the first shot after having COVID increases antibodies. But there wasn't any statistically significant increase after having the second shot.
    "The authors concluded that vaccination after natural infection is unlikely to have any benefit for recovered COVID patients."

“Individuals who have had SARS-CoV-2 infection are unlikely to benefit from COVID-19 vaccination, and vaccines can be safely prioritized to those who have not been infected before.”

"By contrast, Israelis who were vaccinated were 6.72 times more likely to get infected after the shot than after natural infection, with over 3,000 of the 5,193,499, or 0.0578%, of Israelis who were vaccinated getting infected in the latest wave."

That is from the article. Doesn't say anything about a first or second shot. Says they are unlikely to benefit from the vaccine period, and that the vaccine should be given to those who have never been infected.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom