• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I think that’s the whole problem. Nobody trusts anything that doesn’t fit their beliefs. I could post info from CDC, FDA, WHO, etc. but inevitably someone would discount them as being part of the conspiracy they think exists. If someone is confronted with something they don’t like they immediately try to discredit it rather than give it an open-minded chance. It goes both way, I won’t deny that.

My gripe is that so many are throwing out whatever crazy thing they heard and moving on as if it’s an indisputable fact. If you’re going to claim the vaccine has been shown to be not just useless, but downright dangerous, I want to see an objective source and not just some numbers somebody saw and didn’t bother to check for accuracy.
    Mistrust is the price of dishonesty, and right now it seems the world is filled with prevaricators. It all falls apart when no one can trust our institutions.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think that’s the whole problem. Nobody trusts anything that doesn’t fit their beliefs. I could post info from CDC, FDA, WHO, etc. but inevitably someone would discount them as being part of the conspiracy they think exists. If someone is confronted with something they don’t like they immediately try to discredit it rather than give it an open-minded chance. It goes both way, I won’t deny that.

My gripe is that so many are throwing out whatever crazy thing they heard and moving on as if it’s an indisputable fact. If you’re going to claim the vaccine has been shown to be not just useless, but downright dangerous, I want to see an objective source and not just some numbers somebody saw and didn’t bother to check for accuracy.
    I think there are a lot of assumptions being made by everyone. I don't think poorly of anyone who has gotten the vaccine. My father got it, my son got it. I don't believe the vaccine is part of some great conspiracy theory but I also don't believe it is what they are saying it is. By that I mean they are making claims that they cannot know.

Everything about this entire situation has stunk to high heaven since the beginning. I got paid to have a decent BS detector for 20 years and mine has been redlined from day one. I don't claim to have the answers and I hope this works out in my favor but I have more than ample reason to doubt every source I've come across. It's a shame and I don't much appreciate feeling utterly alone but I do along with millions of others.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The unvaccinated sample size is 12.3X the sample size of the vaccinated

569142 ÷ 46312 = 12.29

The only way to compare the two cohorts is either just percentages or you could go to cases or deaths per 100000 but that is just an unnecessary extra step
    Both samples are people who are infected with Covid. Why is the unvaccinated sample size 12.3x higher? Are there 12.3x as many unvaccinated people in the US? Last I saw our vaccinated rate was around 50%, or higher. If the vaccine didn’t work then you’d expect the sample sizes to be about equal. Half of us are unvaccinated, and half are vaccinated. The sample sizes should not be 12.3x higher.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Both samples are people who are infected with Covid. Why is the unvaccinated sample size 12.3x higher? Are there 12.3x as many unvaccinated people in the US? Last I saw our vaccinated rate was around 50%, or higher. If the vaccine didn’t work then you’d expect the sample sizes to be about equal. Half of us are unvaccinated, and half are vaccinated. The sample sizes should not be 12.3x higher.
    They are two different samples

If you are unvaccinated, you have a certain percentage chance of being hospitalized if you happen to contract covid, and a certain percentage of the hospitalized will die

If you are vaccinated you have a certain percentage chance of being hospitalized if you have a breakthrough infection, and a certain percentage of those hospitalized will die

Those percentages are actually a bit worse for the vaccinated

The comparison is between two distinct groups, but the odds of a bad outcome are about the same, which is the salient point

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    This was in Vaers. Which is US only. European countries and others have their own reporting systems

Here is the site I've been using, which is the actual VAERS site. It does have a selector for US/territories, the individual territories, foreign, and all. US manufacturers who receive reports from their foreign subsidiaries are required to report to VAERS. I ran the test how they say they do and the numbers match up, I have no idea why when you don't differentiate by sex and when you do the numbers are so far off. The numbers I got don't match the male/female/other/any combination when sorted by sex. I'll have to play around with it and see if I can figure it out. But even what the CDC says on their page comes closer to my numbers (which I found out are almost a week old) than theirs.

Here is a CDC report on Reuters, Amazingly your "up to the minute deaths" is far less than 6 weeks ago. Pretty obvious, the true numbers are being cooked on a daily basis. Reports and articles are being scrubbed for the internet daily to keep us from catching them. (newspeak) If we did not keep detailed records personally, every step of the way, we would never see it. Laughably, the one constant in every data from the CDC is "that does not mean it is from the vaccine"

(from reuters) "According to CDC guidance listed on its page reporting adverse events from COVID-19 vaccines, seen here , there have been 6,340 reports of death (0.0019%) recorded from December 14, 2020, to July 26, 2021 "among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine." It is important to note that the "FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it is unclear whether the vaccine was the cause.”
    They are the current numbers shown on the VAERS dataset, after some checking they are only updated every Friday so currently almost a week out of date. Not sure what the discrepancy is between different CDC webpages. Perhaps the official dataset excludes duplicate reports? Drs are required to report, is it possible that a family member did as well? The number from the dataset are what I posted. Current number per the link in that Reurters article, "More than 380 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through September 13, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 7,653 reports of death (0.0020%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine."

I don't trust anything completely about this. And very little to none about anything other than this. As my Grandad used to say "Don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you think you see."

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    iu

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I'll add my :twocents: to what phylodog said about this for him. I don't have his 20 years of being a paid BS detector, but when something stinks this badly it sinks through to me eventually. This one didn't actually take that long. I understood the initial reactions to this virus as the effects were largely unknown, how it was spread, what the death rate would be and so on. I understood 2 weeks to flatten the curve, allowing hospitals to be able to ramp up to be able to meet the demand. Almost everything since then has been absolute :poop:.

Masks are mandated even though we found out that the virus was airborne and not just transmitted via bodily fluids. The airborne particles are too small for a cloth or even hospital masks to stop. Social distancing, same thing. The virus can hang in the air long enough that social distancing doesn't do dick. It became (within just a few weeks) pretty apparent that the disease was deadly to those very old and/or health compromised, but the young and relatively healthy seemed to have little to worry about. We endured a shut down that never made any sense. Some places are still shut down partially. Vax was rushed through, which makes sense because there are vulnerable people, but then they start talking about how everyone somehow needs it? Now we know that the vax is only somewhat effective, you can still get and transmit the virus, but against all logic old man Bidiot thinks everyone needs to be vaxxed and the unvaxxed are somehow causing a problem? WTaF? Of course people are latching onto things they might have heard, one way or the other. The government and their lackeys in the media are sowing fear and distrust and people are very confused and just trying to make sense of things. Doesn't help that the government, media and social media giants keep censoring :poop: that they don't like, which makes those of us who don't trust them believe that stuff even more.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I’m not sure if you’re just being argumentative since these numbers shouldn’t be controversial, but here you go:

Vaccine Rates
    I'm not a fan of arguing. There are no numbers which aren't controversial in my opinion. There are no sources which are above suspicion. I am down to believing first hand experiences and nothing but first hand experiences.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    They are two different samples

If you are unvaccinated, you have a certain percentage chance of being hospitalized if you happen to contract covid, and a certain percentage of the hospitalized will die

If you are vaccinated you have a certain percentage chance of being hospitalized if you have a breakthrough infection, and a certain percentage of those hospitalized will die

Those percentages are actually a bit worse for the vaccinated

The comparison is between two distinct groups, but the odds of a bad outcome are about the same, which is the salient point
    Ok, let’s try this a different way. Where did they get those sample sizes? From people who got infected and hospitalized?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I just can't believe these Covid threads have persisted and stayed active for so long. I haven't seen anyone change their mind. Can we just call it a draw and move on to something else? :lmfao:
    Nobody is going to change their mind. If these threads have done anything, it’s shown how easily the firearm community is willing to turn on each other, and the government will use that to their advantage.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Another part of the resilience of these threads is forums like this are about the only place open discussion takes place and even here the enforcers show up to argue for the TPTB and ministry of truth rather than just letting folks discuss it.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    Speculation on my part, been wondering if the coercive push for jabs could be related to future biological warfare. Perhaps others are thinking about it as well.

"world leaders prepare for biological war"
    The Wuhan Flu IS biological warfare.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom