• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    Properly calibrated closers with fully functioning bolts/strikes should latch the door no matter what. There should be enough closing force to push the bolt past the strike plate every time. There shouldnt be any way to prop the door without an object to block it.
    I spent the last 3 days at the schools that my granddaughters go to with the maintenance person assigned to those schools by the county school board. I stepped outside and stuck my finger between each door, it's about 1/2" thick. Pulled my finger from the door to see it closed, did it lock? One door locked at each of the 3 schools. 21 doors at the high school, 15 doors at the middle school, 12 doors at the elementary school. I brought wood blocks 1/2 to 8". Some doors didn't lock using the 8" block. We adjusted closers and got 24 in the half inch range. Some doors wouldn't lock with the person pulling on the bar inside or the person on the outside pushing. Donnie ordered 24 closers and locks. When they come in I'll be there to help.

Last edited:

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    I read over the ad a few times. Tried to paste it here 4 times, won't reply, take, copy, paste. Tried it to my email, the same.
    I went to their site, looked over what they offered. Ordered an Elite 20 gauge semi auto shotgun that will hold 7 rounds. Can order a 25 or 50 round drum. Made my contact through my email. Used my state issued weapons permit as ID. Got a reply on screen, "Choose the FFL dealer paper work will be sent to. Your purchase will be shipped to your home soon." I checked my email up to 24 hours later, no replies. I canceled the order. Their website won't copy and paste.

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    Since I'm here without changing to another page, forum I might as well spill. Do we need changes to the gun owner laws? I think so, 21 years of age to own a gun and join the military. The draft has been gone for years. I think that's part of the problem plus some video games.
    My youngest grandson made a threat against his school during his intermediate school days that gave him a juvenile recorder. Elementary, intermediate, middle then high in some school districts. His parents divorced a couple of years before this. My son remarried and his mom has 2 daughters out of wedlock. During his high school years he was with the schools rotc program. The was on the PT team and they finished first in state for his 4 years. In Ranger Challenge they finished 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd in the 4 years of regional comp. In rifle sniper national comp he was rated #24. He graduated 1st LT with honors. Sounds like he's doing good, right? He applied to join the rotc program at MS state, then Ole Miss, Southern MS and a few other colleges within our state. Out of state prices are way up there. No one wants him, juvenile recorder against a school. Since his rotc program was marines he applied for military service there first all the way down to national guards. Since he knew farm work and some engineering he applied with military services like Seabees, Army corp of engineers. Nope, juvenile recorder against a school.
    We have a kid that's changed but the system hasn't.
    For his 19th birthday he bought a 7.62X 39 rifle. I never saw it. Couldn't find ammo anywhere. I call some friends and get a few boxes for him. We need a day at the range, ok, when he can with work.
    On his 20th birthday I get a call from my oldest grandson. Yea, been talking with the youngest, best to call you to see what needs to be done at our aunt's house. Sounds like a lot of work and she will pay well. I'll make a list and we'll work on it, was my reply.
    5 days later my daughter-in-law calls, y'all need to come here now. Their yard is filled with family and friend's cars when we got there. My wife went inside, the x sister-in-law carried me out to view photos on her phone. He gave up outside of Kingman, AZ on his 20th birthday. Hikers found him locked in his car 4 days later.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    One of the huge problems since nics has been, doctors dont want to forward mental health problems to the State and the State doesn't want to forward information to nics for starters. Hence those with problems arnt prohibited and cruise through state and federal checks.
    How many shooters in the last 20 years have bought from ffl's and with years of mental issues passed a nics check or checks.

Answer way to ****ing many.

And then we have prosecutors who don't even try to apply a "red flag" proceeding against an obvious candidate because "it's too much trouble."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Since I'm here without changing to another page, forum I might as well spill. Do we need changes to the gun owner laws? I think so, 21 years of age to own a gun and join the military. The draft has been gone for years. I think that's part of the problem plus some video games.
    My youngest grandson made a threat against his school during his intermediate school days that gave him a juvenile recorder. Elementary, intermediate, middle then high in some school districts. His parents divorced a couple of years before this. My son remarried and his mom has 2 daughters out of wedlock. During his high school years he was with the schools rotc program. The was on the PT team and they finished first in state for his 4 years. In Ranger Challenge they finished 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd in the 4 years of regional comp. In rifle sniper national comp he was rated #24. He graduated 1st LT with honors. Sounds like he's doing good, right? He applied to join the rotc program at MS state, then Ole Miss, Southern MS and a few other colleges within our state. Out of state prices are way up there. No one wants him, juvenile recorder against a school. Since his rotc program was marines he applied for military service there first all the way down to national guards. Since he knew farm work and some engineering he applied with military services like Seabees, Army corp of engineers. Nope, juvenile recorder against a school.
    For his 19th birthday he bought a 7.62X 39 rifle. I never saw it. Couldn't find ammo anywhere. I call some friends and get a few boxes for him. We need a day at the range, ok, when he can with work.
    On his 20th birthday I get a call from my oldest grandson. Yea, been talking with the youngest, best to call you to see what needs to be done at our aunt's house. Sounds like a lot of work and she will pay well. I'll make a list and we'll work on it, was my reply.
    5 days later my daughter-in-law calls, y'all need to come here now. Their yard is filled with family and friend's cars when we got there. My wife went inside, the x sister-in-law carried me out to view photos on her phone. He gave up outside of Kingman, AZ on his 20th birthday. Hikers found him locked in his car 4 days later.
    I have no words of comfort for you sir and that is sad. No answers to this.
    My heart felt condolences.
    The sad part is our system is beyond flawed.
    I see no way to effect change and fear it will only get worse.
    I was to understand that juvenile records are sealed.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So did he have a radio or not? At what point did Pete get one? One article upthread said he had no radio but NYpost says the BORTAC team was getting yelled at “do not breach” as they cleared the murderer

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Since I'm here without changing to another page, forum I might as well spill. Do we need changes to the gun owner laws? I think so, 21 years of age to own a gun and join the military.
    No. What on earth do you think this solves, while violating the constitutionally protected rights of millions of 18 - 20 year olds?

The draft has been gone for years. I think that's part of the problem plus some video games.
    This is a heartbreaking story, and I'm sorry for your loss. What does it have to do with infringing upon the rights of others?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Top Bottom