• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I have “earned” several tickets over the years but have actually only had a handful actually issued.

I usually know when I’ve been caught and pull over and wait for them with flashers on. If you show the cops respect they usually show you respect back, and either just issue a verbal warning or let you go.

A couple of times I was handed a ticket but it was never entered into the system and just “dissappeared”.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I usually ask if they stopped me to try to sell me tickets to the annual state police ball. They usually reply sir, state police don’t have any balls... then embarrassed they let me go.

If that doesn’t work tell them you’re a sovereign citizen, let him know he’s on camera a minimum of 15 times, roll the window up and scream I know my rights. They will have no choice but let you leave. State law.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    This is where there can be an issue- at night. The vehicle has to be clearly marked or the officer must be in uniform. If it were me, I would pull over if I was lit up, but if the vehicle is unmarked and the person who gets out is not in uniform, I would drive away. Tougher to see if the person is in uniform at night.
    Especially if a spot light is shining in our mirrors!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wow, this thread took a turn...

ISP Mustangs! Back in the day (early Reagan Administration, Ford ditched the AWFUL Mustang II and brought back a Mustang with a 302) ISP discovered Mustangs. My Dad had been friends with an ISP Trooper in Washington County since school. When the ISP 'stangs started showing up, Dad saw the Trooper in a restaurant in Salem. Dad asked him when he was getting his Mustang. The Trooper started laughing and said NEVER! They are too fast!

I drove a primered pick-up from 1990-1998 (finally got it painted.) It was a Mazda B2000 2WD long bed. Speeding wasn't an issue, but people with primered truck must do bad stuff. Got stopped coming in the gate I don't know how many times. The gate Cop would get on the radio for 15-30 seconds, then wave me through. Got pulled over in Biloxi, Mississippi when I was in school down there. The Cop needed sub-titles (Gator Hunter show type accent) and probably thought I'd hand him my beer while getting my license out. Still not sure why he pulled me over.

Driving my wife's car on base I got a ticket (on a Sunday, during an IG Inspection, what crap.) I told my 1st Sgt the B2000 couldn't get going that fast in that distance. I think his response was "that's your truck??"

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anyone that doesn't jump on the cop hate bandwagon is a bootlicker. It is super worn out.
    Personally, I like Parade Gloss flavor the best. I cant stand cops that cheap out and use generic, cheap polish. Though Patent Leather is a pretty close second.

To be honest, I think the ghost markings are lame.
    I like Michigan's law. Big ass gumball machine on top. No seaking around in unmarked cars with hidden

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Last time I was pulled over was a few years ago. I was taking my oldest to the Emergency Department he had crushed his hand in the wood splitter. I had my 4 ways on going about 70 in a 55. State Trooper pulled me over, came up ask why and we showed him my son's hand and explained to him what happened. He said be careful and let me go my way.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Last time I was pulled over was a few years ago. I was taking my oldest to the Emergency Department he had crushed his hand in the wood splitter. I had my 4 ways on going about 70 in a 55. State Trooper pulled me over, came up ask why and we showed him my son's hand and explained to him what happened. He said be careful and let me go my way.
    WHAT!?!?!? Without a curb stomp? How unprofessional!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Got away with just a slap on the hand... sorry, had to do it, that slow pitch was just too tempting. Hope your son came out of that OK.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I got pulled over in Plainfield earlier this year. Ticket for talking on the phone while driving. I had an MRI about an hour before and the doctor called with my results. I answered and he saw me when I drove passed. Oh well. I did the crime. Last time before that was about 13 years ago. Dads company got tickets to a suite for the Indy 500 every year, free food and beer in an air conditioned suite was awesome... but I couldn’t go that year because I had my daughter. My brother called and wanted my tickets, about an hour before the race. I was trying to hurry and meet him and got caught.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm gonna err on the side of pulling over and waiting. Whether the officer is driving a clown car, wearing a big orange wig or not.

Unless, I have a car load of blow... :ugh:

retyree98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Brooklyn
    I believe it's time for the legislature to amend the laws pertaining to unmarked LEO vehicles, uniformed officers, ghost lettering, pursuit rules, and recording stops. A lot could be accomplished by requiring cameras on every policeman and LEO vehicle that records to the cloud automatically and notifies the base whenever the camera is turned off. If every word and action is sent automatically to the cloud and the public knows it is accessible, both parties will be careful and less likely to misbehave. Require officers out of uniform to observe only until a uniformed officer in a marked car can arrive and make the stop. If you are on duty, wear the uniform unless working undercover on a specific assignment not related to traffic stops. If you are not on duty, barring an emergency situation, you are not working. My barber doesn't go around cutting hair while he is at the grocery just because someone needs it... If your car is marked, make it marked well enough to be recognized 100 feet away. Define exactly what goal is to be accomplished by having unmarked cars for traffic duty. Our small town was cursed for a few years with the chief constable, head honcho or whatever title he had, pulling people over while he was wearing nothing but cutoff shorts, flip flops and a gun while driving his own unmarked car or truck. He spent his time at the local diner bragging about looking down some girls blouse or speaking about wanting to pull some hottie over in the dark and having his way with her. One poor soul complained to the local paper and he and his employees were pulled over several times in the next two weeks. There needs to be a citizens board to lodge complaints to and investigate. Not a police dominated board with one citizen. Too many times the police have lost sight of their purpose, to protect and serve. As we have seen recently, like during the downtown riots, the local police did not protect persons or property, and didn't serve the community. Correcting this starts with the legislature, moves on to the executive branch...like the mayors office. Then down through the ranks to the individual officers. Fortunately, most of my encounters with LEO's has been without drama. But it only takes one bad encounter to cost someone their life.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Yeah, but all the ones I've seen have a door shield on them. A Mustang got me in Jeffersonville a few years ago when I was headed to Dale Hollow.
    Was it the blue one? I used to see that guy with somebody pulled over every day between sellersburg and the river. Now they have a white dodge truck that I see quite a bit.

Top Bottom