• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Damn, where's Kevin Costner when you need him, all he wanted in return for delivering the mail was a hot meal and a warm bed for a night....:):
    Good reminder. Can't totally eliminate the USPS. If the SHTF we'll need the Postman to rebuild. ;)

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    do you guys really think a PRIVATE company is going to drive to a tiny podunk town to dispatch a handfull of mail?? like HOBBS Ind, Scipio Ind,? all they would want is the major citys, period !! Aunt, or grandma liz that lives down a 10 mile road with only 2 homes are out too. Everyone does not have or want internet service muchless paying for something online. And the cost would triple if not more, your bills would still come by mail this would be passed on to you. It's still the cheapest mail service in the world! The reason for so many facilitys is because before everything when bust they were needed because of the mail flow (just like the excess of homes now). The amount of people was needed at the time also, alot of the layoff numbers would come from retirements. No tax dollors are given to the postal service, their money comes from the products they sell, the post office is forbiden from making a profit. The vast majority of the problem is pi@@poor mangement, that has let so many of the lazy people that have been hired in the last 10yrs stay, because they are scared to fire them! While we are on goverment another big problem with the post office and many other places of employment is FMLA, since they changed the rules and let you use it for yourself, some people only work 2 days a week, and it's ok because that's the law.
    and last but not least the only ones with a real good deal is the civil service people the last one hired in the post office was around 1984, I pay social security,&medicare I put my money into a savings plan or thrift, were the major part of my retirement will come from, I am paying almost 400 dollors a month for health insurance. Good pay check yes it is, just like the ones a lot of you make or made before you were laid off. Sorry but sounds like too many of you have nothing else to do but listen to major media and they always tell the truth, just look at our president. Sorry about the rant, but a few of you need to wear the other man's shoes for a while.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    If we lose the post office, and I am not a fan of the USPS by a long shot, we will make life very difficult in one more way for very many more people. I would not doubt that the post office could be reorganized. I would be that they waste a lot of money. They probably spend millions on sponsoring things like the olympics. I did read where the fleet of vehicles is in really bad condition and in need of replacement. I recently had a discussion with a postal employee regarding just who works for who over the simple delivery of a package of custom grips I had made for my CZ82 that I bought a while back at 21st Century in Bluffton. To get the package before they sent it back to eastern Europe, I would have had to either take time off from work or greatly alter my weekend plans just because the Camby office has terrible hours and could not allow someone at the apartment office to sign for it. We do need the post office like we still do need the license branches in many out of the way places. There just has to be some way of improving it without so much interference from the unions.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Goin' Postal

Maybe we should bail them out. Think of the consequences of laying off that many postal workers...

Going-Postal_reference.png

Top Bottom