• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    They just need to charge $1.00 for a first class stamp. IMO, that is still a deal to get a letter from here across the country.

It won't break granny's bank and it will stop a lot of the junk mail that is out there now.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    If only that would result in the destruction of the United States Postal Service. Maybe then someone who knows how to make money could start delivering my mail.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    They just need to charge $1.00 for a first class stamp. IMO, that is still a deal to get a letter from here across the country.

It won't break granny's bank and it will stop a lot of the junk mail that is out there now.

I get the feeling that even if they charged a dollar a stamp, they would run the place into the ground.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago

They don't even need to do that, just stop giving discounts for bulk mailings/ junk mail, that should cut volume by a bit.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Well, when you don't have to make a profit to stay in business, you can do anything you want. Why not start people off with a decent wage and a week of vacation instead of the full fed luxury benefit package and be more responsive to your customers. Hell my post office doesn't stay open enough for me to get my mail! They are only open for like 3 hours on Sat and they lock the place up early all the time! I only get the mail on my days off which is only about twice a week.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    @ Rambone

The US Postal service is provided for as a power of the federal government in the Constitution.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    @ Rambone

The US Postal service is provided for as a power of the federal government in the Constitution.

True. However, my constitution art 1 sec 8 doesn't say anything about pensions or healthcare.

In fact, it just says post roads and offices. I suppose it's implied that someone will sort and deliver the mail, but that's as far as it goes.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    True. However, my constitution art 1 sec 8 doesn't say anything about pensions or healthcare.

In fact, it just says post roads and offices. I suppose it's implied that someone will sort and deliver the mail, but that's as far as it goes.

Agreed. I'm not defending the outlandish benefits packages federal employees enjoy. Simply saying that while competitive delivery services such as FedEx, UPS and DHL are great examples of how the market outperforms it's public counterparts, the USPS is indeed a constitutionally enumerated power of the fed.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Agreed. I'm not defending the outlandish benefits packages federal employees enjoy. Simply saying that while competitive delivery services such as FedEx, UPS and DHL are great examples of how the market outperforms it's public counterparts, the USPS is indeed a constitutionally enumerated power of the fed.

I agree with you both. Retirements and healthcare should never be controlled by the government. Pay the workers a salary and they can invest it where they want to. The constitutional system might have a chance of surviving that way.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    9 pieces of mail in my mail box today. Two had full price postage one piece was presorted a metered at a slight discount. The other 6 pieces were junk that should not even be delivered by the post office. No business can give two free rides for every paying customer. The who stinkin' Federal Government operates this way. Keep my bill the same, eliminate the free loaders. The budget will balance.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    The Fix is Obvious

They need to privatize the retirement program and privatize the service all together.

Here it is, folks. The private sector could run a business, similar to the USPS, at an ENORMOUS profit w/o raising rates at all.

The answer to any problem involving government is to get rid of government involvement.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Here it is, folks. The private sector could run a business, similar to the USPS, at an ENORMOUS profit w/o raising rates at all.

The answer to any problem involving government is to get rid of government involvement.

I highly suggest referring to posts #9 and #12.

Top Bottom