• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have been white for 47 years and still haven't found any of this privilege I am supposed to have.
    At the very least, if I have to check it all the time it should show up on the status bar of my phone or something

"Check your privilege" [looks at phone] "72%. I'm good, won't need to recharge until I get home"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I didn’t say “0%” key difference. I allowed for growth. He said “100%” anything less would prove my premise true, and his false. Anything more, couldn’t exist. Read the exchange again.
    You said 'more than zero' but without discussion of significant figures. 1/331000,000 is .000000003. If the standard is anything less than 9 significant figures, then that IS zero

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You said 'more than zero' but without discussion of significant figures. 1/331000,000 is .000000003. If the standard is anything less than 9 significant figures, then that IS zero
    Uhhhh....0.01 is how many significant figures? ‘Cause you lost me with that one.
    Nevertheless, the question posed was about “how many people.” We already have a idea of where that number is capped, so logically “more than zero” would be any number above zero, but less than the cap. Don’t overthink it. It even makes sense on the surface.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Uhhhh....0.01 is how many significant figures? ‘Cause you lost me with that one.
    Nevertheless, the question posed was about “how many people.” We already have a idea of where that number is capped, so logically “more than zero” would be any number above zero, but less than the cap. Don’t overthink it. It even makes sense on the surface.
    Don't quit your day job to become a mathematician. In that case leading zeros are significant, otherwise .01, .0001, and .000001 would all be equivalent

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rice is cheeper than boxed mac and cheese. But it just doesn’t stay with you. Goes better with cheap beer than mac and cheese though.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Don't quit your day job to become a mathematician. In that case leading zeros are significant, otherwise .01, .0001, and .000001 would all be equivalent
    Ha! I won’t. I was wrong about that. See, it ain’t hard at all to admit when I’m wrong. At least obviously wrong.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why would you go to a monster truck rally, you aren't 10...
    Because Monster trucks are awesome! I even had R/C versions when I was a kid (Blackfoot). And I won’t even talk about the time me and a friend took his parent station wagon out for spin in the mud. Let’s just say it cost me both financially and physically.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Because Monster trucks are awesome! I even had R/C versions when I was a kid (Blackfoot). And I won’t even talk about the time me and a friend took his parent station wagon out for spin in the mud. Let’s just say it cost me both financially and physically.

Go to tractor pulls, 10x more fun, far less of "that" crowd.
    It's especially fun when people cobble together absurd multi-turbine engine ones and spray mud trails into the sky.

Top Bottom