• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Don't quit your day job to become a mathematician. In that case leading zeros are significant, otherwise .01, .0001, and .000001 would all be equivalent
    Significant figures begin at the 1st non zero digit, right to left. "Leading zeros" are never significant figures.
    In the example .01 (1×10^-2), .0001 (1×10^-4), .000001 (1×10^-6), all have the same amount of significant figures, one.
    .000000003 (3×10^-9) has one significant figure.
    In chemistry, physics, electronics, we most always worked to 3 significant figures.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Alright first off with this racist woke **** about “boxed Mac and cheese”. There are two kinds of it. There’s the ****** powdered mix that anyone over 3 should never eat and there’s the good stuff with shells and the velveeta style sauce that is what grownups eat. Lumping them both together shows your complete ignorance on the topic and you shall be summarily ignored when you speak of it.

If you’re over 10 and going to monster truck shows without kids THAT is why people look at you funny because they assume you are likely developmentally disabled because adults don’t do that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Alright first off with this racist woke **** about “boxed Mac and cheese”. There are two kinds of it. There’s the ****** powdered mix that anyone over 3 should never eat and there’s the good stuff with shells and the velveeta style sauce that is what grownups eat. Lumping them both together shows your complete ignorance on the topic and you shall be summarily ignored when you speak of it.

If you’re over 10 and going to monster truck shows without kids THAT is why people look at you funny because they assume you are likely developmentally disabled because adults don’t do that.
    Velveeta mac ‘eh? Lol. And probably a bit of stove top stuffing, too? Yeah, I’m declining the invitation to that BBQ. :stickpoke:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How much is a box of that vile stuff?
    Well, I could get a whole case of Gobel for $2.99 on sale. Not a bad drunk but you payed for it in other ways the next day. Best to stay near a toilet for a few hours.

The boxed mac and cheese back then I could get for something like $.40 on sale. College days were a meager existence. :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

You’re right. The M&C with the velveta is way better. But I couldn’t get that back then for under fifty cents. And 24 cans of cheap beer was often cheaper than soda. Broke students have to live within their means.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You’re right. The M&C with the velveta is way better. But I couldn’t get that back then for under fifty cents. And 24 cans of cheap beer was often cheaper than soda. Broke students have to live within their means.
    And that was what Ramen was for. I grew up with mom making Mac and cheese with velveeta before the box kits came out. I had never had the actual boxed powder crap until last year. Wife loved it as a kid. We bought 2 boxes for a dollar. The second box was thrown in the trash unopened

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And that was what Ramen was for. I grew up with mom making Mac and cheese with velveeta before the box kits came out. I had never had the actual boxed powder crap until last year. Wife loved it as a kid. We bought 2 boxes for a dollar. The second box was thrown in the trash unopened
    Yeah, the noodles were also on the menu. I liked the M&C better. You get used to it.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Is this the Mac & Cheese thread I was searching for ?

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    combining some discussion from the gay flag thread into this one:
    I also grew up going to strict Baptist churches so I was exposed to some amazing comfort foods. overeating seemed to be the only acceptable vice.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I gotta laugh out of this thread.
    I read the first two pages and its White nationalists and racism and Adam shiff
    Jump to the last 2 pages and its mac and cheese...lol...;) gotta love INGO
    I’m sitting here wondering, are the .gov-types monitoring this site trying to decipher our codes? This is a discussion forum in a red State with “gun” as the middle name.

Somewhere, someone is saying, “there is absolutely no way this bunch spends this much time talking about food. It doesn’t matter what the subject is, within a few hours it changes to food. This has to be a code of some kind.“

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I’m sitting here wondering, are the .gov-types monitoring this site trying to decipher our codes? This is a discussion forum in a red State with “gun” as the middle name.

Somewhere, someone is saying, “there is absolutely no way this bunch spends this much time talking about food. It doesn’t matter what the subject is, within a few hours it changes to food. This has to be a code of some kind.“

"I'm only here for the PUDC recipes."
    1024.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Also get outta here with the stove top stuffing hate. I’ll eat a damn box on my own. No shame
    Lol. I rest my case. If you’d like me to make you a plate at Thanksgiving, I got you. You might be trying to march with BLM afterwards. Lol

Top Bottom