• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler announced that an investigation into the seizure of phone data from Democratic lawmakers by the Justice Department during the Trump administration.

One of the options before the panel is to compel testimony under oath from Trump-era Attorneys General Jeff Sessions and Bill Barr, both of whom have denied knowing about the data seizure.

So, it appears that the thing Trump accused the Obama Administration for, his administration was doing as well. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. This should be especially concerning since neither Sessions nor Barr knew anything about it (so they say).

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    jqFWHxA.gif

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Wouldn't the difference be that the Trump DOJ was investigating leaks of classified information and the Obama admin was spying on Trump based on a fabricated narrative of "Russia Collusion" that we know never happened and was created by the Dems?

One would seem to be normal operation of the DOJ and the other abuse of power. But maybe there isn't a difference?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wouldn't the difference be that the Trump DOJ was investigating leaks of classified information and the Obama admin was spying on Trump based on a fabricated narrative of "Russia Collusion" that we know never happened and was created by the Dems?

One would seem to be normal operation of the DOJ and the other abuse of power. But maybe there isn't a difference?
    We don't know that. Administration officials ignored or were prevented from testifying on the subject. Nevertheless, like the FISA warrants, you can't just willy-nilly spy on people because of what you think they're doing. You need to have something to back you up. So if one has the opinion that the FISA warrants were wrongfully obtained, then I'd hope they'd stay consistent and in their criticisms if the Trump administration did the same thing.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    We don't know that. Administration officials ignored or were prevented from testifying on the subject. Nevertheless, like the FISA warrants, you can't just willy-nilly spy on people because of what you think they're doing. You need to have something to back you up. So if one has the opinion that the FISA warrants were wrongfully obtained, then I'd hope they'd stay consistent and in their criticisms if the Trump administration did the same thing.

Oh well, in that case, I hope this is pursued and prosecuted with the same vigor and outcome as last time. Justice will be served, just like last time!

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So if one has the opinion that the FISA warrants were wrongfully obtained, then I'd hope they'd stay consistent and in their criticisms if the Trump administration did the same thing.
    I do so believe and I agree that if the Trump administration did the same thing they should suffer the same consequences as the democrats which means there will be none. If we're keeping score I think the Trump administration is still lagging way behind in the race to be the most corrupt.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I do so believe and I agree that if the Trump administration did the same thing they should suffer the same consequences as the democrats which means there will be none. If we're keeping score I think the Trump administration is still lagging way behind in the race to be the most corrupt.
    But orange man bad. How long has he been out of office and he still lives rent free in their heads? I used to find it funny. Now it’s just sad.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think I understand.

If you investigate the SUSPECTED leakers and find evidence of leaks, its justified and kosher. If your suspicions were wrong, its not justified, treasonous, and should be punished. The reason for the investigation is irrelevant.

Am I doing it right?

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Instead of using the tired old democrat/republican trope, let's rephrase this story using Globalist/Populist language. Perhaps it would be more useful.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

So, it appears that the thing Trump accused the Obama Administration for, his administration was doing as well. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. This should be especially concerning since neither Sessions nor Barr knew anything about it (so they say).
    Sessions and Barr didn’t know anything about the Russian collusion either and we know how that turned out. But we’ll see if there’s anything to it.

Top Bottom