• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Reread what I quoted (I wouldn't wait for me to release the video, because ... you know)

I was commenting on the 'Ron DeSantis JOINS Trump ...' part of it. Once again DeSantis is following Trump. It's like he hasn't got the horsepower to run in clear air

And my apologies, I didn't realize that DeSantis was so seldom right that I needed to take special note that Massie agreed with him on something. I'm guessing that Massie has never agreed with Trump on anything for you to get so worked up over it?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ok nevermid. I see Massie endorsed DeSantis, so I know that answer to that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm waiting to see what they do about McCarthy. It only takes one to bring a no-confidence motion

But the consequences of action are real and Massie or Roy would have to own the chaos

The consequences of non-action are squandering what little power the GOP has on a weak debt ceiling deal that benefits a pipeline company but doesn't do anything much to rein in spending (the stated purpose of the whole thing. I thought Trump was the only one who promised but didn't deliver?)

So let's just sit back and see what they do when the rubber meets the road. I like them both but as I've said before it is easy to talk tough when you know you don't have to deliver. They have a pathway to take action in this case (a pathway they made a fine show of insisting be included in the deal clearing the way for McCarthy's election as speaker)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Reread what I quoted (I wouldn't wait for me to release the video, because ... you know)

I was commenting on the 'Ron DeSantis JOINS Trump ...' part of it. Once again DeSantis is following Trump. It's like he hasn't got the horsepower to run in clear air

And my apologies, I didn't realize that DeSantis was so seldom right that I needed to take special note that Massie agreed with him on something. I'm guessing that Massie has never agreed with Trump on anything for you to get so worked up over it?
    How come you just can't admit that you may have been wrong without weaseling around to try and avoid it? I know you have an image to uphold but c'mon man.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How could you be. You never are in your mind.
    Obviously, then, I must have converted to jamilism

You see, recht is a continuum and careful consideration of how I always consider all the relevant information carefully, plus judicious application of the appropriate dialectic, allows me to place myself correctly upon that continuum very close to the right end point

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You see, recht is a continuum and careful consideration of how I always consider all the relevant information carefully, plus judicious application of the appropriate dialectic, allows me to place myself correctly upon that continuum very close to the right end point
    This sounds an awful lot like, "Of course I'm right. Just ask me!" :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Obviously, then, I must have converted to jamilism

You keep fluffing that straw man.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I had forgotten about some of these disappointments. Republicans are such miserable negotiators. How can Trump ever seriously say he’ll drain the swamp when he could never get a budget that would have done so? Democrats will let literally let the country burn to advance their agenda. Republicans are afraid of …everything.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I had forgotten about some of these disappointments. Republicans are such miserable negotiators. How can Trump ever seriously say he’ll drain the swamp when he could never get a budget that would have done so? Democrats will let literally let the country burn to advance their agenda. Republicans are afraid of …everything.

It would have been world changing if all republicans had worked as a team to take on the democrats that executed solid teamwork in 2017/2018. They might have been thrown out on their head for it but they could have left a massive change for the good that dems would have had to work hard to overturn.

A President alone does not have the power to turn back congress, he must have help…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom