• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You're right DeSantis did'nt say those exact words. Sorry to disappoint you and get your hopes up. Instead, I did a swictaroonie and provided an ungodly long 2:00 clip :rolleyes: of what he actually said when asked about the FBI and the DOJ if anyone was interested in seeing it straight from his mouth.

Even though he did'nt say those exact words he still took a hard line and put them on notice that there would be some changes coming if he were to be elected.

I didn't view your request of DeSantis as realistic because I don't think any candidate including Trump would go to that extreme and say those exact words that you crave so much. So I'm just chalking it up as wishful thinking. I'm sure we all would like to hear those exact words but it's not very practical to believe that they would.
    You know Trump HAS called explicitly for congress to defund both the FBI and the DoJ, yes?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You know Trump HAS called explicitly for congress to defund both the FBI and the DoJ, yes?
    If we're going by one of the exact words you wanted to hear from DeSantis, you know "defund" is "different than "disbanded" right?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If we're going by one of the exact words you wanted to hear from DeSantis, you know "defund" is "different than "disbanded" right?
    Indeed, but DeSantis hasn't called for the FBI and DoJ to be defunded, either

Has he called for ANY concrete steps to address the crimes committed by those agencies? Remind me, what is his 'tough stance' again?

"The Durham Report confirmed what we already knew: weaponized federal agencies manufactured a false conspiracy theory about Trump-Russia collusion. It reminds us of the need to clean house at these agencies, as they've never been held accountable for this egregious abuse of power," DeSantis wrote on Twitter. [So, no concrete steps just sound bite material 'hold them accountable' somehow]

He was joined by Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., who simply wrote, "Defund and dismantle the FBI," [THIS GUY GETS IT! How come he can come right out and say it and Ron can't/won't?] and Rep. Byron Donalds, R-Fla., who wrote, "These liars worked hand-in-hand to interfere in our election. They MUST be held to account."

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Has he called for ANY concrete steps to address the crimes committed by those agencies? Remind me, what is his 'tough stance' again?

Ron DeSantis has joined Donald Trump's call to defund the Justice Department and FBI over its 'weaponization' of the legal system by its investigations of the former president.

The Florida governor also attacked Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, who indicted Trump earlier this week, saying 'if we had somebody in Tampa that was trying to pursue that agenda, I'd yanked him from his position.'

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

If you don't like that link here's another one for ya.

I know your Trump blinders are preventing you from being able to see that just maybe DeSantis has been out there advocating to hold the FBI and DOJ accountable by using the purse.

DeSantis Joins Calls to ‘Defund’ FBI and Department of Justice Due to Political Bias

Speaking at Hillsdale College in Michigan on Thursday, DeSantis said that the Department of Justice and FBI’s politicization is inevitable when Republicans have failed to hold them accountable. ‘If you never hold them accountable through the legislative process, either through law or through budget, of course, power is going to accumulate there.’

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We like Thomas Massie. He says DeSantis is "absolutely right!" Just watch the damn clip.. Geez. :rolleyes: OMG! I just can't. It's 2 min 42 sec. :runaway:

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Honestly, I don’t think they’re gonna be defunded. Doesn’t matter who the president is.
    DeSantis sounds like he's not very optimistic that Congress will do the right thing as well. He calls them out for totally giving up on using the purse strings.

DeSantis elaborated

‘You’ve had an executive branch that’s not wanted to do anything to reel them in by holding them accountable and getting involved in what they’re doing. And then I think you’ve had a Congress, which is just totally given up on using the purse strings, and it’s almost like these agencies have a right to operate infinitum. When you send that signal over many decades, it’s just human nature. They are going to abuse their power. I mean, the founders would have predicted that in a New York minute,’ he concluded.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hey Bug. Even Ramaswamy is talking tougher than DeSantis. He dropped the H-bomb here. :): Of course this will never happen but it's entertaining, nevertheless. Republicans in Congress won't have the stones or the numbers to get it done.

Presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy called the report "a scathing indictment of the FBI," and repeated his calls for the agency to be shut down.

"Enough is enough. Root out the corruption & shut down the FBI. This is achievable. At the local level, we have police & prosecutors. At the federal level, we have U.S. marshals & the DOJ. An intermediary bureaucracy is rife with risk for politicized corruption & it’s been happening since J. Edgar Hoover in the 60s," he wrote.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ron DeSlipstream
    Geez Bug you just don't have it in you to admit that you were wrong. No comment on the Massie tweet? or is Massie dead to you now? I'm sure you'll find something to pick apart on that one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom