• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And how hard will it be to put DeSantis in exactly the same position?

Remember, they were scheming against Trump before he was even elected or sworn in

The foolish belief is that, if he can be used to neutralize Trump, that he will be treated ant differently - unless, of course he is already a player at 'go along to get along'

Time and circumstance will tell

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    @BugI02

I believe it was you Bug that encouraged DeSantis to say the following in the DeSantis 2024 thread. Seems like he's takiing a hard line. Do you want him to take a hard line on the FBI or not?

Here's where the exchange began in that thread.

Bug
    Post# 1583
    " I'd like to hear him say the FBI is incorrigible and should be disbanded."

Then nononbaddog responded with this caution.

Post #1585
    "I agree completely but it might be wise to not say that this early in the show. They are a very dangerous group at this time."

And your response was.

Post # 1586
    Agreed, but because DeSantis hasn't ever been under investigation by the FB! or DoJ (yet) he can more easily say it without all the drama and pearl clutching, and it needs to be said

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    On this we can agree. Which polls to put more stock in than others is the question.
    I put a lot of stock in polls conducted for consumer research. They’re highly motivated to be accurate. I’d tend to trust internal polls for political parties if they ever would publish them. Those are incentivized to be accurate.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

BugI02 Post # 3759​

While we're on the subject of things a president can't really do:
    www.foxnews.com

DeSantis pledges to fire Chris Wray, says FBI, DOJ have 'lost their way'

Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis launched his 2024 presidential primary bid on Wednesday, following it up with an interview on 'Fox News Tonight.'
    www.foxnews.com
    www.foxnews.com

I believe it was you Bug that encouraged DeSantis to say the following in the DeSantis 2024 thread. Do you want him to take a hard line on the FBI or not?

Here's where the exchange began in that thread.

Bug
    Post# 1583

Then nononbaddog responded with this caution.

Post #1585

And your response was.

Post # 1586
    Non sequitur

Does he actually say 'disband the FBI' in the video I'm not going to watch? Do you have a time stamp?

And the comment was directed at GFGT, who was quoted, because what he posted anyone with a cursory understanding of the constitution knows is beyond reach of an EO. It would take an amendment to revoke birthright citizenship.

Since I figured it was posted to show Trump pandering, I responded with a similar example from DeSantis in which he promises to do something 'immediately' that would be beyond his powers as POTUS and land him in court for sure. Remember one of the first action JoePedo took was to revoke Schedule F and without it POTUS only has a handle on appointees, and you correctly pointed out that once they had him under investigation firing Wray would be played as obstruction of 'justice'

Still waiting to hear someone flesh out what policy position 'spitting nails on day one' references

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Non sequitur

Does he actually say 'disband the FBI' in the video I'm not going to watch? Do you have a time stamp?

And the comment was directed at GFGT, who was quoted, because what he posted anyone with a cursory understanding of the constitution knows is beyond reach of an EO. It would take an amendment to revoke birthright citizenship.

Since I figured it was posted to show Trump pandering, I responded with a similar example from DeSantis in which he promises to do something 'immediately' that would be beyond his powers as POTUS and land him in court for sure. Remember one of the first action JoePedo took was to revoke Schedule F and without it POTUS only has a handle on appointees, and you correctly pointed out that once they had him under investigation firing Wray would be played as obstruction of 'justice'

Still waiting to hear someone flesh out what policy position 'spitting nails on day one' references
    Well Bug they weren't those actual words Sorry to disappoint you. When asked about the FBI and the DOJ he took a hard line, nonetheless and publicly put them on notice if he's elected but I guess only Trump gets to take a hard line and DeSantis should just sit there and refuse to address the subject.

Has Trump ever said those specific words that you wanna hear?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well Bug they weren't those actual words. When asked about the FBI and the DOJ he took a hard line, nonetheless and publicly put them on notice if he's elected but I guess only Trump gets to take a hard line and DeSantis should just sit there and refuse to address the subject.

Has Trump ever said those specific words that you wanna hear?
    You specifically quote my #1583

and then go nowhere with it. I thought when you quoted that you were posting some proof that he had already done that otherwise 'it does not follow' that you needed to use that quote for any apparent reason

Does 'spitting nails' indicate some kind of hard line about something? 'Cause it kinda' sounds like tough talk devoid of substance

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You specifically quote my #1583

and then go nowhere with it. I thought when you quoted that you were posting some proof that he had already done that otherwise 'it does not follow' that you needed to use that quote for any apparent reason

Does 'spitting nails' indicate some kind of hard line about something? 'Cause it kinda' sounds like tough talk devoid of substance
    You're right DeSantis did'nt say those exact words. Sorry to disappoint you and get your hopes up. Instead, I did a swictaroonie and provided an ungodly long 2:00 clip :rolleyes: of what he actually said when asked about the FBI and the DOJ if anyone was interested in seeing it straight from his mouth.

Even though he did'nt say those exact words he still took a hard line and put them on notice that there would be some changes coming if he were to be elected.

I didn't view your request of DeSantis as realistic because I don't think any candidate including Trump would go to that extreme and say those exact words that you crave so much. So I'm just chalking it up as wishful thinking. I'm sure we all would like to hear those exact words but it's not very practical to believe that they would.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Is this what a 'hard line' looks like

I'm so confused, he didn't mention nails or spit or anything

View attachment 278962
    I'm disappointed here Bug. He must not have gotten this same request from you that you wanted to hear these exact words from DeSantis.

"I'd like to hear him say the FBI is incorrigible and should be disbanded."

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom