• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    This part is not the controversial part IMO. If he would've just left it as this, it wouldn't have left much meat on the bone to exploit.

" If Russia attacks, we will not protect you because you didn't pay your bills, you're delinquent." In other words, pay your national defense share. Now apparently this is in reference to fulfilling their dedicated national defense budget share of NATO charter agreements.

The following is the controversial part that left him open to MSM exploitation.

"Not only will I not protect you, but in fact I will also encourage them (Russia) to do whatever the hell they want. You gotta pay your bills."
    The idea of holding nato to do their job is perfect. The messaging is retarded.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

If your fussiness about Donald Trump‘s personal behavior is such that you’re willing to sacrifice the lives of other Americans so that you can say your hands are figuratively clean because you didn’t vote for that Bad Orange Man, then I submit to you that the moral problem is yours and not his.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    1707705950438.png

I think this is a misunderstanding of the not-Trump sentiment. It seems like this as an explanation of behavior is based on a worldview they probably don't quite share. I don't think HK thinks he's keeping his hands clean in the Pontius Pilot sense.

But we have something we have to focus on now, and that’s winning in November. The voters picked Donald Trump, and Donald Trump is the guy the voters picked. If you are a DeSantis supporter, like I am, at least you can take some solace in the fact that the GOP didn’t pick Nikki Haley. I didn’t like 2004 very much the first time, and I don’t want to relive it again today.

Now, I agree with the above, regardless if Trump is icky. The way I see it, I'd rather have a better candidate, one who makes fewer unforced errors. We can both argue our opinions about that. But at this point, Trump is who I am voting for in November. But, I don't think either way is an absolute moral issue. Within your sense of morality you can view it as that.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    View attachment 332330

I think this is a misunderstanding of the not-Trump sentiment. It seems like this as an explanation of behavior is based on a worldview they probably don't quite share. I don't think HK thinks he's keeping his hands clean in the Pontius Pilot sense.

But we have something we have to focus on now, and that’s winning in November. The voters picked Donald Trump, and Donald Trump is the guy the voters picked. If you are a DeSantis supporter, like I am, at least you can take some solace in the fact that the GOP didn’t pick Nikki Haley. I didn’t like 2004 very much the first time, and I don’t want to relive it again today.

Now, I agree with the above, regardless if Trump is icky. The way I see it, I'd rather have a better candidate, one who makes fewer unforced errors. We can both argue our opinions about that. But at this point, Trump is who I am voting for in November. But, I don't think either way is an absolute moral issue. Within your sense of morality you can view it as that.
    I know lots of folks who can't stand Biden but also can't stand Trump and who would easily vote for a normal, non-Biden alternative. This explains Haley's outperformance of Trump in certain areas. When people only get clips of Trump's bizarre Truth posts, self-inflicted wounds from dumbass comments, and see clips of him in the court room- why would they feel like they have a moral imperative to vote for him?

If we had a normal person who was talking about the border being wide ass open, the world at war, and people struggling to afford anything- maybe, just maybe, more people would relate and vote in line. Think about how absolutely awful Biden is and Maga Man can only come even with him in a head to head race.

I will vote for the Republican, but if he loses, it ain't because of some deep-state tin foil ********. The man never acknowledges defeat or being wrong and his followers fall in line with it. I hope I'm wrong, but if not, don't say the writing wasn't on the wall.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom