• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert L

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2022
    Huntington
    Is it even possible to reduce the number of threads on this site. When I look at the current number of open threads approaching half a million, it is almost too daunting to even try to find out what thread updates since the last time I logged on. Being as old as I am, I may die before I find what I've missed, or who might have been deprived with the beauty of my wisdom. :)

akrylov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Is it even possible to reduce the number of threads on this site. When I look at the current number of open threads approaching half a million, it is almost too daunting to even try to find out what thread updates since the last time I logged on. Being as old as I am, I may die before I find what I've missed, or who might have been deprived with the beauty of my wisdom. :)
    Im actually surprised too, but just open "new posts" cause there is no way to catch up with all of these threads

Reactions: Leo

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    You can click the "WATCH" tab at the top of the post window and it'll update you when there is new activity in that thread.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    At the end of each visit to INGO, click on Mark Forums Read near the top. Then when you open INGO again, click on New Posts. If you have other more specific interests, browse them at your leisure, but Mark Forums Read and New Posts keep the number of threads manageable.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    At the end of each visit to INGO, click on Mark Forums Read near the top. Then when you open INGO again, click on New Posts. If you have other more specific interests, browse them at your leisure, but Mark Forums Read and New Posts keep the number of threads manageable.
    All this new fangled button clicking. When I was a wee lad here on INGO, we used to have to look for threads the old fashioned way, using the card catalog. And we had to walk uphill both ways in the snow (unless the INGO Bugatti was driving by, then you could occasionally get a lift!

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    It’s kinda like one of those things I grew up with, um, those flippy page things. BOOKS!!! That’s it books, knew I’d remember. I’m new here to, just start reading…the more the better. Soon enough you will figure out the flow (and ebb) it will become second nature. Use the suggestions given you’ll be fine.

But reducing the threads, I doubt that’s gona happen. As for your request may I refer you to the last guy that made a request that was deemed, well not good. Please see the sticky in “General Firearms Discussions” titled “I’m new here and your 50 count post rule sucks”. Hopes this helps you weather the newness of all of this. And good luck.

Robert L

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2022
    Huntington
    It’s kinda like one of those things I grew up with, um, those flippy page things. BOOKS!!! That’s it books, knew I’d remember. I’m new here to, just start reading…the more the better. Soon enough you will figure out the flow (and ebb) it will become second nature. Use the suggestions given you’ll be fine.

But reducing the threads, I doubt that’s gona happen. As for your request may I refer you to the last guy that made a request that was deemed, well not good. Please see the sticky in “General Firearms Discussions” titled “I’m new here and your 50 count post rule sucks”. Hopes this helps you weather the newness of all of this. And good luck.
    Oh, I don't mind reading, but I would like to see the responses to my posts.

Robert L

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2022
    Huntington
    All this new fangled button clicking. When I was a wee lad here on INGO, we used to have to look for threads the old fashioned way, using the card catalog. And we had to walk uphill both ways in the snow (unless the INGO Bugatti was driving by, then you could occasionally get a lift!
    Cute. SARCASM when I'm seriously looking for help.

Robert L

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2022
    Huntington

Mij, I actually replied to that 50 count post rule. I don't want a way to look at all the posts. I just want to see the ones I'm interested in and have posted replies to. Thank you.

Top Bottom