Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Ward's father is speaking out:

https://time.com/3108522/tony-stewart-kevin-ward-father/

Kevin Ward?s father rips Tony Stewart for dirt-track accident that killed his son - NY Daily News
    Kevin Ward Jr.'s father speaks about deadly accident - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

"I think the reason he probably got out of that car is who put him into the wall. He was definitely put into the wall. Tony Stewart was the best damn driver by far on the track that night. Why he had to go up as high as he did and hog my son, there's no reason for it."

Kevin Ward talked about Stewart hitting his son on the track.

"Apparently, Tony Stewart was the only one driving out there who didn't see him," said Ward. "The one person that knows what happened that night is possibly facing 10 years in prison. Is he going to say what he done?"

I think most can agree. If the kid would have stayed in his car he'd lived to race another day. Obviously his hot head got the best of him. The father is looking for some was to detract way from the fact his kid was an idiot (made poor judgement) for getting out of his car. That's what put him in the path of TS. I can't imagine the pain of loosing a child. I really feel bad for the guy. And anyone else that has. But he should wait until the investigation is over before he slams TS for something that might not be his fault. I am not a big TS fan. I but I can't see ruining the guy over an accident. Especially one that could have been avoided. On another note, If TS did purposely run him over he'll pay the price. I just don't (at the moment) see it as TS's fault. I am waiting for the investigation to conclude.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It doesn't cost any more to be a proper disciplinarian for your spawn than it does to be a douchebag dad.

Last year, Tony was actually culpable in a racing accident that he precipitated that resulted in a 16 year old girl's spinal injury. She didn't claim he was responsible, he admitted it, and she didn't seek redress of grievances, but he gave her a wad of money anyway.

If the Ward family tries to make a legal case out of this, where Tony already feels like shtako (10 geek points if you get that reference), but where he bears no guilt for the injury, I could see him fighting the Wards tooth and nail.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It doesn't cost any more to be a proper disciplinarian for your spawn than it does to be a douchebag dad.

Last year, Tony was actually culpable in a racing accident that he precipitated that resulted in a 16 year old girl's spinal injury. She didn't claim he was responsible, he admitted it, and she didn't seek redress of grievances, but he gave her a wad of money anyway.

If the Ward family tries to make a legal case out of this, where Tony already feels like shtako (10 geek points if you get that reference), but where he bears no guilt for the injury, I could see him fighting the Wards tooth and nail.

Irathient for :poop:? (I had to google it. Do I still get partial credit?) :)

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    IF Ward's survivors can be induced to do it. I hope they are better than that.
    After what they have been saying to the media, you still THINK they will not go after Tony. I gaurantee they will. I really hope they make me eat my words, but I have no doubt in my mind that they will.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Time will tell. Seems like the family is also a bit upset TS showed up with his top shelf outfit. It was obvious he had the equipment.
    I am just twisted up with the blame game. When you enter the arena in a gladiator sport you put all that in a bag and leave it there. Any and everything can happen and often does. We seldom brought our car home from an event sans damage at some level. It is part of that sport. Unless you are running out front all night you are going to bend up something.
    That is also the reason we went back to drag racing. If you do everything right you can load the car in the trailer under its own power with all 4 corners intact. No help/brooms required. Did not have to put in 40 hrs. and a butt load of cash in the car to get it to the track again.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Time will tell. Seems like the family is also a bit upset TS showed up with his top shelf outfit. It was obvious he had the equipment.
    I am just twisted up with the blame game. When you enter the arena in a gladiator sport you put all that in a bag and leave it there. Any and everything can happen and often does. We seldom brought our car home from an event sans damage at some level. It is part of that sport. Unless you are running out front all night you are going to bend up something.
    That is also the reason we went back to drag racing. If you do everything right you can load the car in the trailer under its own power with all 4 corners intact. No help/brooms required. Did not have to put in 40 hrs. and a butt load of cash in the car to get it to the track again.

More like 75 minutes between rounds and a butt load of cash. And that's on a car that pops chutes and makes the turn at the end. I know, I know***,you were in the Sportsman classes so it is different. But everyone knows that the best way to become a millionaire in Drag Racing is to start with $3 Million.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    More like 75 minutes between rounds and a butt load of cash. And that's on a car that pops chutes and makes the turn at the end. I know, I know***,you were in the Sportsman classes so it is different. But everyone knows that the best way to become a millionaire in Drag Racing is to start with $3 Million.

If it ain't running on gasoline you are spending way beyond my budget.
    We ran 2 cars for several years. It was still not as expensive as the maint. on an open wheeler. Especially if you drove it like you hated it....:)

Factor in the expense and that expense being elevated by my driving skills.....lots faster than I was good.....:):

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'd venture to say Tony didn't see the guy till the last second. The car in front of him barely missed hitting him. Then he walks even closer to TS's car. Let's see here, its dark out, poorly lit track, and black fire suit. I would say it wouldn't be too easy to see the guy from in one of those cars. The kid messed up and it cost him big time. The wreck was his own fault and so was his death. Nothing really TS could of done to prevent it. I'd venture to say if he could of missed hitting the kid, he would of. Even with his hot head in the past, I'm sure with his love for the sport that he would never intentionally hurt another racer like that. Let alone kill one. I fell sorry for Ward's family for their loss, and they are in my prayers. But I also feel sorry for TS. He is never gonna be the same after this. And if he manages to continue racing, I doubt he will ever be the same again.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    This is a bad deal all the way around. Everyone is getting called names. (including INGO members)
    TS apparently did nothing wrong other than strapping into a wild beast.
    The kid seems to have made a mistake that cost him his life. That's the shame of it all.
    We've all screwed up at times. This screw up cost a kid his life.
    I feel sorry for the family that lost a young man and sorry for the kid himself. It was avoidable if common sense would have prevailed.
    Like I said before....I am NOT a TS fan but I hope he gets over this as well.
    Peace and healing to all involved.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    This is a bad deal all the way around. Everyone is getting called names. (including INGO members)
    The kid seems to have made a mistake that cost him his life. That's the shame of it all.
    I feel sorry for the family that lost a young man and sorry for the kid himself. It was avoidable if common sense would have prevailed.

Now thats a classy INGO post. We still got a lot of good members.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

+1

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

+2

rabidsquirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    North Webster

"Defiance" reference! Do I win? Good show by the way, hot alien chicks and what not.

Top Bottom