• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Yet, even with your choice of submission, you are often intimating that my choice to not wear a mask will somehow doom you
    I'll equate my decision to a similar one on wearing a motorcycle helmet.

I wore one way before they were mandated. I wore one when they were mandated. I wear one now that they are no longer mandated (in Indiana).

At no time did I submit to the man on helmets... it was my decision... and in the case of masks, I submit neither to Fauci, nor the Nancy's.

If you don't get that... :facepalm:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Not to beat that dead horse yet some more, but I've been through the research and concluded that masks are effective.

I'll take the American Chemical Society Nano Subgroup research over some 'skeeter and a wire fence folk wisdom (forget who to credit with that one).
    Why would you let yourself be influenced by an article that has been criticized by several groups including ACS? If you have done the research you already know that paper and its conclusions are flawed as admitted by the original group.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yet, even with your choice of submission, you are often intimating that my choice to not wear a mask will somehow doom you

OTOH, if someone does research, keeps an open mind, determines that wearing a mask is appropriate, while still insisting that a mandate is inappropriate, you're happy to brand them a tool of the evil, commie, democrat, Chinese, globalist state, and use words like "submission" as a taunt.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    OTOH, if someone does research, keeps an open mind, determines that wearing a mask is appropriate, yet still insist that mandate is inappropriate, you're happy to brand them a tool of the evil, commie, democrat, Chinese, globalist state, and use words like "submission" as a taunt.
    No, I have no problem with that whatsoever. Where I have a problem is with the continued need to proselytize in favor of masking and in support of the fear mongering

If he can truly accept that intelligent people can come to different conclusions than he has, I have yet to see much evidence of it. The same would apply to triangulation, BTW

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No, I have no problem with that whatsoever. Where I have a problem is with the continued need to proselytize in favor of masking and in support of the fear mongering

If he can truly accept that intelligent people can come to different conclusions than he has, I have yet to see much evidence of it. The same would apply to triangulation, BTW
    Bingo.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Why would you let yourself be influenced by an article that has been criticized by several groups including ACS? If you have done the research you already know that paper and its conclusions are flawed as admitted by the original group.
    I read and replied to the group critique you (at least I think you posted it) posted.

Their salient critical point was that the study should have used charge neutral particles for the test, yet the STUDY THEY SITE for that point recommends testing with BOTH charged particles (simulate recently exhaled particles) AND charge neutral particles (to simulate particles that have been suspended in the air for long periods of time.)

I'm not aware of any study that says "long" suspended particles, well after the contagious person has left the area, are the source of any infections.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

Jetta said it exactly and far better than I could.

You do you UBU, and I'll do me. I not only accept that, it is the preferred state of being, IMO.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I realize that the concept I am about to mention is the very foundation of the internet, but...

...hasn't everyone already made up their mind on this? I believe that everyone is so entrenched that additional information on either side will simply be discounted as inaccurate or fabricated by whatever side it disagrees with.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I realize that the concept I am about to mention is the very foundation of the internet, but...

...hasn't everyone already made up their mind on this? I believe that everyone is so entrenched that additional information on either side will simply be discounted as inaccurate or fabricated by whatever side it disagrees with.
    My minds made up lol.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I reached that conclusion about 3800 posts ago. "Masks work!" "No they don't!" The rest is just filler. :):

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

You may say that, but your tone in this thread, and the others continue to mock anyone who thinks that masks are an effective tool.

A little bit of grace can go a long way in making life easier. And I'm not really asking for a miracle here. (A miracle would be for INGO to accept that a gun owner could vote for Biden - now that really would be some grace!)

EDIT: It's not fear mongering if some believes that (A) COVID-19 is a pretty bad disease, and (B) masks are effective at preventing it. That's called common sense.

If you want to point out fear mongering, let's also look all the folks on the right who are using a mandate to wear a mask in public as launching for their anti-globalist concepts. There's plenty of proselytizing about the "plandemic".

Or we just stop accusing people of fear mongering... you know... via grace.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

LOL... go put on 2 masks... it's the new hotness.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

I wonder if that is true. It seems to be, and it certainly is in the absence of any new reliable information.
    Much of what is spread around is politicized propaganda instead of real quality investigation and this lack of good information lends itself well to making decisions by feeling over analysis and digging in to the current position.
    However I like to think people are capable of reevaluating any opinion or decision when faced with new reliable information.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom