• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Proof that even the educated have the ability to be stupid.
    It is a cult for sure. A bunch of not only ignorant, but stupid people that are full of fear with no ability or desire to think for themselves. One of the most pathetic things I've ever seen in my lifetime period!
    Ironically or alternatively, some of my smartest (book smart) friends from a 4 yr degreed Engineering field, made the worst decisions throughout the peaks of clown world. They may still be to this day and I'm just watching it play out. One in particular has some bad adverse effects and can no longer exercise.

Politically I think the silly behaviors were cult like to be part of that group. My hypothesis is that that those smartest I mentioned going along were used to figuring things out and understanding concepts easily. Yet they lacked common sense or skepticism to recognize the extreme gaslighting and propaganda masterpiece. They therefore believed in and went along with it.

If there's a round 2 then I'll know more.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Stupid is more dangerous than evil. Watched a segment on a German who was killed by Germans just before the war ended. He concluded that stupid people are the most dangerous people. You can see see evil and may in fact fight against it and win. But you can’t with stupid people. It only takes a little evil and a mass of stupid people and the world will change for the worse. He wrote of all this as he saw his own country fall. And we have way too many stupids now in this country, we the people may never win another election as there seems to be no end in the over population of stupid here, it just keeps growing like a cancer, but no jab for that. Big Pharma comes out with a jab for stupid and they would be even richer. But that would defeat the purpose I guess.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Ironically or alternatively, some of my smartest (book smart) friends from a 4 yr degreed Engineering field, made the worst decisions throughout the peaks of clown world. They may still be to this day and I'm just watching it play out. One in particular has some bad adverse effects and can no longer exercise.

Politically I think the silly behaviors were cult like to be part of that group. My hypothesis is that that those smartest I mentioned going along were used to figuring things out and understanding concepts easily. Yet they lacked common sense or skepticism to recognize the extreme gaslighting and propaganda masterpiece. They therefore believed in and went along with it.

If there's a round 2 then I'll know more.
    There is a handful of Rose-educated engineers who I went to school with, who follow this cult. There is a high correlation with political leanings, based on my anecdotal observation.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Stupid is more dangerous than evil. Watched a segment on a German who was killed by Germans just before the war ended. He concluded that stupid people are the most dangerous people. You can see see evil and may in fact fight against it and win. But you can’t with stupid people. It only takes a little evil and a mass of stupid people and the world will change for the worse. He wrote of all this as he saw his own country fall. And we have way too many stupids now in this country, we the people may never win another election as there seems to be no end in the over population of stupid here, it just keeps growing like a cancer, but no jab for that. Big Pharma comes out with a jab for stupid and they would be even richer. But that would defeat the purpose I guess.
    The jab they already came out with is for stupid, IMO. It has no discernible benefits and lots of unnecessary risk, yet people take it because they are told it will help despite relatively easily attained information sufficient to at least cause doubt

Big Pharma is disproportionally eliminating the foolish

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Always remember so you’ll never forget: every law comes with the very real threat of force to enforce them and there will always be government employees willing and able to execute whatever level of violence is called for while they are just following orders.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

What are the limitations of the evidence?
    Our confidence in these results is generally low to moderate for the subjective outcomes related to respiratory illness, but moderate for the more precisely defined laboratory‐confirmed respiratory virus infection, related to masks and N95/P2 respirators. The results might change when further evidence becomes available. Relatively low numbers of people followed the guidance about wearing masks or about hand hygiene, which may have affected the results of the studies.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    There is a handful of Rose-educated engineers who I went to school with, who follow this cult. There is a high correlation with political leanings, based on my anecdotal observation.
    Catching up on this thread. When I was at Rose in the mid-late 80's, it was still a highly conservative campus. Yeah, we had the occasional wierdo, but for the most part we were mostly on the right end of the spectrum ( differing degrees of right, of course). I wonder if the changeover to coed in the mid 90's has anything to do with the leftward drift...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I worked with a couple of engineers from Rose back in the day. They were pretty solid. Neither talked about politics though. So I have no idea whether they were left or right. This was many years ago. They were in the same class of graduates and knew each other. Probably graduated early 80s. Just a couple of data points in the direction of not a lot of political indoctrination at least back then.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I worked with a couple of engineers from Rose back in the day. They were pretty solid. Neither talked about politics though. So I have no idea whether they were left or right. This was many years ago. They were in the same class of graduates and knew each other. Probably graduated early 80s. Just a couple of data points in the direction of not a lot of political indoctrination at least back then.
    You're right. The professors didn't discuss ideology unless you were in one of the 9 humanities classes we were forced to take, then only as it applied to classical literature or psychology or such. They were there to teach, and we were there to get a degree. It was too darn expensive per year there to waste time on much outside stuff.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You're right. The professors didn't discuss ideology unless you were in one of the 9 humanities classes we were forced to take, then only as it applied to classical literature or psychology or such. They were there to teach, and we were there to get a degree. It was too darn expensive per year there to waste time on much outside stuff.

LOL. Sometimes I think engineers are all the same. :):

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Catching up on this thread. When I was at Rose in the mid-late 80's, it was still a highly conservative campus. Yeah, we had the occasional wierdo, but for the most part we were mostly on the right end of the spectrum ( differing degrees of right, of course). I wonder if the changeover to coed in the mid 90's has anything to do with the leftward drift...
    Apropos of nothing, my freshman year was that first coed year in 1995.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    No political indoctrination in the mid-late 90s, either. You might get some of the social studies professors to get into some political leanings, but it wasn't much. Even the engineering professors that might get into politics over an adult beverage at Sonka's were pretty right-leaning - or, at least, not raging lefties.

Top Bottom