• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Mask history 100 years and counting. Wear a mask or go to jail sign on the lady.

View attachment 228700

Text from the Seattle police picture 1918:

Policemen in Seattle wearing masks made by the Red Cross, during the influenza epidemic. December 1918.

Officials feared mass hysteria in major cities. Citizens were urged to stay indoors and avoid congested areas. Here, policemen patrol the streets to ensure public safety Record held at: National Archives at College Park, MD Record number 165-WW-269B-25

View attachment 228701
    Calling BS on the first photo, IMO it's obviously shopped.

Still as effective as waiving a dead chicken over the patient.
    I agree, but I would like your professional opinion on the top picture quoted above.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Calling BS on the first photo, IMO it's obviously shopped
    I took the picture with my phone at an exhibit as listed below. Playing devil's advocate and incessant fence riding isn't my game.

Sanilac County Historic Village & Museum
    (810) 622-9946

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I took the picture with my phone at an exhibit as listed below. Playing devil's advocate and incessant fence riding isn't my game.

(810) 622-9946

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Wow, good find. I'm glad I didn't photoshop it:cool:. The caretakers of the historic 1872 home, a couple women in their 60s, actually described this exhibit room as the Covid and Pandemic room. I would guess that they were true believers. There were displays about smallpox, 1918 spanish flu, and the current alleged crisis. The house was orginally built for a doctor.

Like others I've learned a lot about history in the last 30 months and look forward to more. There's nothing new under the sun.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

(810) 622-9946
    I stand corrected. From your photo of a photo it looked shopped. And dang, people complained about having to wear a mask into the store. I was and am one of them. Back when this country was IMO much more free of federal overreach and in general. Pre 1934 NFA, and most especially pre Wickard v Filburn.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I stand corrected. From your photo of a photo it looked shopped. And dang, people complained about having to wear a mask into the store. I was and am one of them. Back when this country was IMO much more free of federal overreach and in general. Pre 1934 NFA, and most especially pre Wickard v Filburn.
    They didn't know then that the mask wouldn't help.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    Calling BS on the first photo, IMO it's obviously shopped.

I agree, but I would like your professional opinion on the top picture quoted above.
    Not like this is convincing or any sort of proof.
    I have seen the first photo years before the current pandemic, and remember laughing at the ridiculous sign.
    And thinking that it’s ancient Karens like that who pushed for the Prohibition, once they felt their Karen power.
    So the chance it was photoshopped for this pandemic is very low.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have been reading some ink where true believers are saying they will not get a flu shot but will instead keep masking to mitigate infection

Given IUH's state of institutional capture, their announcement isn't surprising; what's surprising is that masketeers wouldn't also be onboard with yet another vaccine

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Wow, good find. I'm glad I didn't photoshop it:cool:. The caretakers of the historic 1872 home, a couple women in their 60s, actually described this exhibit room as the Covid and Pandemic room. I would guess that they were true believers. There were displays about smallpox, 1918 spanish flu, and the current alleged crisis. The house was orginally built for a doctor.

Like others I've learned a lot about history in the last 30 months and look forward to more. There's nothing new under the sun.
    Just for the record I never said you photoshopped it. I just figured you picked it up off the web.
    They didn't know then that the mask wouldn't help.
    I could argue that quite a few believed it would help when they first instituted them for covid, probably not as many back then. But I'm sure a majority of the people did, especially when it was thought to be spread by droplets. And if it was spread by droplets a simple mask would help. Aerosolized? Not at all unless it's a 1/2 face respirator with proper filters.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I have been reading some ink where true believers are saying they will not get a flu shot but will instead keep masking to mitigate infection

Given IUH's state of institutional capture, their announcement isn't surprising; what's surprising is that masketeers wouldn't also be onboard with yet another vaccine
    We’ll, more than likely not gonna die from a mask, so there’s that.

Top Bottom