• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think it depends on the region. Seems to me people are just done with covid even if covid isn't done with us.
    We’ll see. If/when Biden and his health “experts” declare another mask mandate, we’ll see how many businesses and people dutifully put them on. Like I said elsewhere, I’m already seeing an uptick in mask wearing.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    We’ll see. If/when Biden and his health “experts” declare another mask mandate, we’ll see how many businesses and people dutifully put them on. Like I said elsewhere, I’m already seeing an uptick in mask wearing.
    Unless/until the Biden administration appeals the currently controlling court decision, he and his health experts can do no such thing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The comment was more to the point about democrats polling better on covid response. I think that depends on the region. I’ve seen an uptick in mask wearing too. Not huge.

I think that has more to do with personal beliefs about the effectiveness of masks. That tends to be more popular in left leaning circles, but you’ll find plenty of right leaning people wearing masks too. If covid protocols give democrats an advantage, then it’s with people who want it mandated. It looks to me like the people who wanted masks mandated are people who would vote Democrat anyway.

I think the perception that Democrats are “better” on covid comes from the media portrayal of “science”, and that it’s the democrats following it, and the republicans denying it. I just don’t think it’s going to pay the dividends that it did before. Independents and republicans I don’t think are as phased by it as left leaning people who would vote Democrat anyway.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The comment was more to the point about democrats polling better on covid response. I think that depends on the region. I’ve seen an uptick in mask wearing too. Not huge.

I think that has more to do with personal beliefs about the effectiveness of masks. That tends to be more popular in left leaning circles, but you’ll find plenty of right leaning people wearing masks too. If covid protocols give democrats an advantage, then it’s with people who want it mandated. It looks to me like the people who wanted masks mandated are people who would vote Democrat anyway.

I think the perception that Democrats are “better” on covid comes from the media portrayal of “science”, and that it’s the democrats following it, and the republicans denying it. I just don’t think it’s going to pay the dividends that it did before. Independents and republicans I don’t think are as phased by it as left leaning people who would vote Democrat anyway.
    Agreed.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Unless/until the Biden administration appeals the currently controlling court decision, he and his health experts can do no such thing.
    I guess I’m forgetting that/those decisions, particularly how they’ll restrict the feds in the future. But assuming you’re correct (and you probably are), my cynical side holds that we should never underestimate the lengths dogooders will go to protect us…especially if it means more votes and power for them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

To the point about regional approval of covid response— This chart, I’d argue, correlates fairly well to that. It makes sense if you believe NPIs and vaccines are key to obtaining zero-covid, you’d shoot that spike protein into your perfectly healthy young child. Fortunately for the kids, even in the areas where the uptake is the greatest, so far, it’s not like they’re emptying the shelves of that crap.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

The press conference featured Brad Spellberg, the chief medical officer of Los Angeles County + University of Southern California Medical Center (LAC + USC), along with epidemiologist Paul Holtom.

Spellberg kicked off the duo's ridicule of Covid fearmongering with an exasperated description of the Covid situation: "It's just the same. It's not changed. It's been the same. It's like...two months of the same."

He backed up his characterization with charts depicting county cases and the hospital's own Covid admission data.

"The numbers at [LAC+USC] Covid-positive tests have continued to go up, but this isn't because we're seeing a ton of people with symptomatic disease being admitted...we're seeing a lot of people with mild disease in urgent care and [emergency department] who go home and do not get admitted.
    Of those who are admitted, they're 90% of the time not admitted due to Covid. Only 10% of our Covid-positive admissions are admitted due to Covid. Virtually none of them go to the ICU, and when they do go to the ICU, it is not for pneumonia. They are not intubated."
    As for the worst kind of Covid-ICU situation, Spellberg said, "We haven't seen one of those since February. It's been months." He said today's Covid patients in intensive care are more typically associated with conditions like electrolyte abnormalities or auto-immune attack of the nerves that may or may not be Covid-driven.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    To the point about regional approval of covid response— This chart, I’d argue, correlates fairly well to that. It makes sense if you believe NPIs and vaccines are key to obtaining zero-covid, you’d shoot that spike protein into your perfectly healthy young child. Fortunately for the kids, even in the areas where the uptake is the greatest, so far, it’s not like they’re emptying the shelves of that crap.

Still far too many.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think anyone who thinks we can achieve zero covid, at this point, is delusional. Early in the pandemic, meh, No one really knew much about it. As soon as we found out it has an animal reservoir, zero covid should have been off the table.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think anyone who thinks we can achieve zero covid, at this point, is delusional. Early in the pandemic, meh, No one really knew much about it. As soon as we found out it has an animal reservoir, zero covid should have been off the table.
    Should have been. But the fact so many are still touting NPIs is all you need to know that there are many that believe it’s still the goal to be sought.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

I love that DC has 109% of the 12-17 year olds with one shot. I mean…. It’s what I would expect from there. More lies

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I love that DC has 109% of the 12-17 year olds with one shot. I mean…. It’s what I would expect from there. More lies
    I’d seen this commented on elsewhere and a plausible explanation would have to do with constant fluxing of people in and out of the DC area screwing up the denominators.

Top Bottom