• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Maybe the tone is, "Iran isn't as bad as you think, and not everyone is shouting 'Death to America'."
    I think that's probably closer to reality - both in Steve's reporting, and the reality on the ground.

Most people, the world around, just want to get through the day making things better for their family.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Well...there are these indicators...

Typical of the Iran government.JPG

On a random building in Tehran.

The average Ali may not be a threat but they matter just as much as the average German or Japanese did during WWII...not a bit.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well...there are these indicators...

View attachment 79462

On a random building in Tehran.

The average Ali may not be a threat but they matter just as much as the average German or Japanese did during WWII...not a bit.

I'm trying to figure out where in this entire country that would be ever be done or go over.

I'm drawing a blank.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    WASHINGTON — Former national security adviser John Bolton’s abrupt departure on Tuesday came after President Donald Trump suggested he might lift some U.S. sanctions on Iran as an incentive for Tehran to come to the negotiating table, according to a person close to Bolton.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-john-bolton-argued-over-iran-sanctions-n1054481

[FONT=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, .SFNSText-Regular, sans-serif]Wait what? This has to be fake news. How in the world does the "president" leave the Iran Deal, and then want to relieve sanctions? What in the hell type of logic does that make? Oh yes, Obama.[/FONT]

However, it should be noted that the WH has reassured Israel that it was not considering easing sanctions. I'm not sure what to believe, given this administrations overtures to North Korea, but if this story is true, as reported from several sources, it's beyond belief.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Art of the deal. Keep the other guy guessing about your intentions. Obviously working in your case.

*checks birth certificate*

Yep, born in the United States. I'm not sure not sure how much an American citizen should trust a president that views them as "the other guy." Oh wait, I do... not at all.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Stuxnet 3.0.

This attack is a Saudi problem. We're more self sufficient for petro purposes than we've been in decades. We can support SA with their efforts to lead a coalition of the willing (and US defense establishment will earn significant profits on replacement parts and new equipment).

The bigger question - what to do about Iran's role as a regional disruptor - calls for balanced, not-quite-so-public efforts to disrupt Iran and support the internal reformist elements there.

But that's me. I also think there's a wide range of reasonable things to do.

I think what I said upthread still stands - anything short of a land war would be ok with me.

ETA:
    Meant to point out that Saudi Arabia hasn't exactly been a good ally of ours for a long time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Question of the Week: What do you believe should be America’s response to these Iranian oil attacks?*

https://hollingsworth.house.gov/forms/form/?ID=93

***looks at map*** Saudi Arabia isn't part of the United States. Answer: nothing

Caveat, if the Saudis are so butthurt about it, spin things up. We (the US) can provide logistical information and intelligence. If things go south and looks like the Iranians might win, then we may have to step up.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Stuxnet 3.0.

This attack is a Saudi problem. We're more self sufficient for petro purposes than we've been in decades. We can support SA with their efforts to lead a coalition of the willing (and US defense establishment will earn significant profits on replacement parts and new equipment).

The bigger question - what to do about Iran's role as a regional disruptor - calls for balanced, not-quite-so-public efforts to disrupt Iran and support the internal reformist elements there.

But that's me. I also think there's a wide range of reasonable things to do.

I think what I said upthread still stands - anything short of a land war would be ok with me.

ETA:
    Meant to point out that Saudi Arabia hasn't exactly been a good ally of ours for a long time.

The Saudis are a business partner, nothing more. Our two visions of the world are diametrically opposed.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Should the United States keep its word and honor its agreements with other countries?
    If the answer is yes, and unless that agreement has been nullified, then we protect Arabia.
    Otherwise it's just thugs being thugs, which of course may well be the truth of the matter.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No, no , no! Some people did something to a part-time op-ed columnist for WaPo, so we have to let the whole place go down the tubes because WBTT®

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Should the United States keep its word and honor its agreements with other countries?
    If the answer is yes, and unless that agreement has been nullified, then we protect Arabia.
    Otherwise it's just thugs being thugs, which of course may well be the truth of the matter.

I guess I'm about to have so knowledge dropped on me. What agreement do we have? I haven't looked it up, but the idea that we don't have a defense agreement with Israel, makes it hard for me to believe that there's one with Arabia, which I take to mean Saudi Arabia.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wonder sometimes just how much control the government in Iran actually has over the place.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's a good question. Though, I think the same could be asked about Saudi Arabia.

The Saudi's aside from lopping your head off, will send people to another country to kill you, cut you up, and sneak you out in several bags. I imagine that not much happens that they don't sanction or care about. It is in the Saudi's best interest to keep the Middle East opposed to us, as they can always play the "good Arab" role.

Top Bottom