• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Lucy was really a beautiful woman. Those old black and white I Love Lucy shows really didn't do her justice -- beauty-wise. She was also funny as all get out.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video]https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/a8deab8b-b25c-4d37-884c-fcf3a58fcfd9[/video]

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Lucy was really a beautiful woman. Those old black and white I Love Lucy shows really didn't do her justice -- beauty-wise. She was also funny as all get out.

I feel the same way about Aunt Esther.....Believe it or not back in Redd Fox's Vaudeville days she was the opening act...Not a stripper in the modern sense but with the feather boas and the dance......When she would finish she would leave the stage and get her frumpy dress and church hat on and play a sort of straight comic to Red's funny man....I heard that she and Red NEVER had any written lines on Sanford and Son....They just did what they had been doing for the last fifty years...Ad lib and play off each others words...

Here she is back in the day...

455753e2bdd3643652b4c1e452c0e230.jpg

5390db7d39cb753ee32d92941d31e5a2.jpg

[video=youtube;mt96RU9_WjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt96RU9_WjM[/video]

Fred: "Every body walking around saying "Black is beautiful" and then they met your family and said "hold everything"....
    Esther: "My family has inner beauty..."
    Fred: "Then you should put your liver where your face is..."
    Esther: "I know God's gonna smite thee but I just can't wait..."

That's some serious off the cuff comedy gold right there......

barblynn003.jpg

62b2890f7661d8b41df4a6a9bb88430b--funny-vintage-ads-vintage-advertisements.jpg

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm goin' home, gonna load my shotgun
    Wait by the door, and light a cigarette
    If he wants a fight, well, now he's got one
    And he ain't seen me crazy yet

Miranda Lambert, Gunpowder and Lead.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I feel the same way about Aunt Esther.....Believe it or not back in Redd Fox's Vaudeville days she was the opening act...Not a stripper in the modern sense but with the feather boas and the dance......When she would finish she would leave the stage and get her frumpy dress and church hat on and play a sort of straight comic to Red's funny man....I heard that she and Red NEVER had any written lines on Sanford and Son....They just did what they had been doing for the last fifty years...Ad lib and play off each others words...

5390db7d39cb753ee32d92941d31e5a2.jpg

I never knew all of that. This is a good photo of her.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

[...]

[...]

[video=youtube;mt96RU9_WjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt96RU9_WjM[/video]

Fred: "Every body walking around saying "Black is beautiful" and then they met your family and said "hold everything"....
    Esther: "My family has inner beauty..."
    Fred: "Then you should put your liver where your face is..."
    Esther: "I know God's gonna smite thee but I just can't wait..."

That's some serious off the cuff comedy gold right there......

[...]

[...]

Not too shabby indeed.
    Another who will really surprise a lot of people is Della Reese.
    There are lots of photos of her back in her heyday that will drop plenty of jaws.
    Exhibit A:
    Della_Reese_Jubilee_Records.jpg

Naturally, Lena Horne's striking beauty was very well known and stayed with her late in life.

Last edited:

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    Seriously though, I've always wondered what the term "aggravated" means when it's put in front of some other crime (aggravated assault, aggravated rape, etc.). It makes it sound like, "Yeah, they committed a crime, but there were extenuating circumstances." :scratch:

the traditional meaning of "aggravate" was to "make more of". So aggravated assault was assault that was "more" than just "assault". Which is why those who use the term such as, "I am getting aggravated" are mis-using it.

Top Bottom