• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You make a strong point, sir.

I think you completely misunderstand. When I've shot it, I shot the hell out of it. It's hit concrete (I fell on an indoor range) and gravel (it ran dry and I did a New York reload).

I don't shoot it much anymore because it takes me too long to fire the first shot double action with reasonable accuracy. I can barely reach the trigger even though it's a short reach trigger and I replaced the original grips with an E2 grip. The SAO gun is a lot easier to me to shoot well with my stubby raccoon hands and fingers. Based on my observations, the specific Tac Ops I have is mechanically more accurate than the SAO I have, but since it takes too much time and effort to fire that first shot, it doesn't matter, especially since you probably couldn't measure a difference under 15 yards.

I have heard this complaint from many people and I have actually given this a lot of thought.

New training method -
    As soon as you draw your gun, squeeze off that first round in double action. This way accuracy won't matter (although it might ricochet off the ground in at least the right direction) PLUS your gun will jerk up from that recoil and get to your target much faster and in single action ready for the next volley of rounds.
    Win-Win.

What do you think? :rolleyes:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have heard this complaint from many people and I have actually given this a lot of thought.

New training method -
    As soon as you draw your gun, squeeze off that first round in double action. This way accuracy won't matter (although it might ricochet off the ground in at least the right direction) PLUS your gun will jerk up from that recoil and get to your target much faster and in single action ready for the next volley of rounds.
    Win-Win.

What do you think? :rolleyes:

Hah! That actually was an idea floated for "crunch'n'tickers back in the 1980s or 90s. I don't know who it was (maybe Cooper?), but they at least considered the idea of firing the first double action round into the ground just to get the gun in a condition where you could use it more effectively.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have long skinny fingers so trigger reach has never seemed long for me. I am not as accurate with the 1st shot as subsequent ones though. That is why I would never consider a DAO pistol. I do practice for it and can keep it close enough to ruin someone's day.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I went to the range today with the following.
    Sig P320 TacOps and the P320sc.
    H&K VP9 and VP9sk
    G19.

It was a good reminder why I don't like the Glock, it has the sproingy trigger. I just don't like it.
    I shot the full size VP9 the most accurately of them all but I want to get my finger pinched at the bottom of the trigger after firing a couple rounds in a row. I like the trigger on Sigs the best though. I definitely shot the VP9sk more accurately than the P320sc, but that is because the grip is shorter. The mags I have for the Sig don't have the pinky rest on them. That would probably make a big difference. The trigger is more comfortable with no joint, just a big smooth surface.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I went to the range today with the following.
    Sig P320 TacOps and the P320sc.
    H&K VP9 and VP9sk
    G19.

It was a good reminder why I don't like the Glock, it has the sproingy trigger. I just don't like it.
    I shot the full size VP9 the most accurately of them all but I want to get my finger pinched at the bottom of the trigger after firing a couple rounds in a row. I like the trigger on Sigs the best though. I definitely shot the VP9sk more accurately than the P320sc, but that is because the grip is shorter. The mags I have for the Sig don't have the pinky rest on them. That would probably make a big difference. The trigger is more comfortable with no joint, just a big smooth surface.
    My G19 trigger isn't too bad, better than my G23 which blisters my finger. Agree that while not a bad trigger, there are so many better.
    I also went shooting this weekend, turns out my Sig Mosquito is more accurate than most of my pistols. Still wouldn't be running for this to be my EDC though. But darn fun and cheap to feed.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I haven't taken my .22s out in awhile, you are right, they are fun and cheap to shoot.
    Yea, I hadn't taken them out for awhile but recently brought out some new shooters, so let them fire them. Remembered how fun they are, and that ammo doesn't kill me. Lol, granted I need to start stockpiling before the next scare. Dang near out of rounds compared to what I used to have.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Picked up two 10-round P365 mags at Cabela's the other day for $7. Was happy to finally see them in stock (and have available Cabela's points to cover most of the cost). They had both flush and extended on the wall in the back by the gun counter (where everything has a trigger lock on it, now).

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    has anyone shot or owned a p226 "Black Water"? I shot one today and wowser!I have never shot more naturally in my life. It felt like it was custom designed and engineered for my exact.. everything. My buddy wouldn't sell it to me.. I don't think we can be friends anymore. lol

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    has anyone shot or owned a p226 "Black Water"? I shot one today and wowser!I have never shot more naturally in my life. It felt like it was custom designed and engineered for my exact.. everything. My buddy wouldn't sell it to me.. I don't think we can be friends anymore. lol
    I've heard that the Sig MK25 Navy is quite a bit similar to the Blackwater. I hadn't shot or actually seen in person the Blackwater, so I couldn't tell you for sure. Although I do have and LOVE my Sig MK25.
    Speaking of that with another comment from above, I need more magazines for it. Lots more, just in case.

Top Bottom